Queens v Dunfermline

Dunfermline supporters on twitter saying their bus has been cancelled after police advice not to travel.

Nottingham sure the conditions in Dumfries will, or should, determine whether the game goes ahead or not
Ah, give it a fo rest.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Dunfermline supporters on twitter saying their bus has been cancelled after police advice not to travel.

Not sure the conditions in Dumfries will, or should, determine whether the game goes ahead or not

Er,  the game's being played in Dumfries so obviously the weather conditions in Dumfries will be a factor in determining  if the game gets played or not. 

Edit to add : Wind's picking up a bit but still no snow or rain. 

2 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Er,  the game's being played in Dumfries so obviously the weather conditions in Dumfries will be a factor in determining  if the game gets played or not. 

Yes surely, at present shouldn't be an issue, hopefully stays the same, have heard Pars supporters bus advised not to travel so isn't. 

I never said otherwise. The point was that even if the conditions in Dumfries are ok the game could easily be called off because of the dangerous travelling conditions. Its not just the away fans who have to travel down

2 minutes ago, Mr X said:
12 minutes ago, Fae_the_ said:

I never said otherwise. The point was that even if the conditions in Dumfries are ok the game could easily be called off because of the dangerous travelling conditions. Its not just the away fans who have to travel down

If the teams can get here alright and the conditions round the ground are safe enough, should a match really be called off in case some fans ignore police advice about the wisdom or otherwise of traveling?

Forecasts now seem to be about rain, rather than snow.
I can this going ahead ahead in cold, wet and windy conditions.

The freezing rain is the concern if it appears from lunchtime. Difficult decision for the club and ref whether to cancel.

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:
15 minutes ago, Fae_the_ said:

Sorry, that's not how I interpreted your post. 

If the teams can get here alright and the conditions round the ground are safe enough, should a match really be called off in case some fans ignore police advice about the wisdom or otherwise of traveling?
If the advice is not to travel why are you assuming the teams can get here alright?

Is it really that important that the games go ahead today with the few hundred fans who live locally in attendance?

I'm not saying the game should be called off but the fact that supporters are being told not to travel has to be as big a factor in the decision as the weather in Dumfries
No bother :)

5 minutes ago, Mr X said:

If the advice is not to travel why are you assuming the teams can get here alright?

Is it really that important that the games go ahead today with the few hundred fans who live locally in attendance?

I'm not saying the game should be called off but the fact that supporters are being told not to travel has to be as big a factor in the decision as the weather in Dumfries

I don't think it has to be anything like as big a factor as the weather at the place where the match is due to take place.

The vast majority of those who would attend will live in or around Dumfries.  

I don't think it has to be anything like as big a factor as the weather at the place where the match is due to take place.
The vast majority of those who would attend will live in or around Dumfries.  

Says the guy who lives 200 yards from the ground.

You might be right, the majority of fans may well live locally enough for travel conditions to not be a major factor but the same can't be said of practically everyone on the pitch

1 minute ago, Mr X said:

Says the guy who lives 200 yards from the ground.

You might be right, the majority of fans may well live locally enough for travel conditions to not be a major factor but the same can't be said of practically everyone on the pitch

I don't live anything like that far away from the ground, but it's not really the point.

As I said "if" the players and officials can get  here ok, then I see no need to call it off unless the pitch is struggling.  I'd assume that they'll travel here early and would be better able to make contingency plans than supporters, should conditions have deteriorated badly by 5 o'clock.

The vast legions of fans from all points of the compass are unlikely to get here for a rearranged Tuesday night fixture either.

Get it on if it can go ahead.

19 minutes ago, Mr X said:
25 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

23 minutes ago, Fae_the_ said:

No bother :)

Spot on.

The snow and ice warnings  are bad enough  but my original concern was the strength of the wind which still shows to be in excess of 50 mph which makes any match  a complete farce and waste of money.

With the warnings in place I think there is a responsibility on employers  to protect their employees - most players and staff of both Clubs will have to try and travel North AFTER the game which is when the conditions are to be at their worst.

I also question the wisdom of sending players on to the pitch with that windchill factor.

Remember Tony Gervaise ?

Mr X is always full of it [emoji4]
Bore off M9
I don't live anything like that far away from the ground, but it's not really the point.
As I said "if" the players and officials can get  here ok, then I see no need to call it off unless the pitch is struggling.  I'd assume that they'll travel here early and would be better able to make contingency plans than supporters, should conditions have deteriorated badly by 5 o'clock.
The vast legions of fans from all points of the compass are unlikely to get here for a rearranged Tuesday night fixture either.
Get it on if it can go ahead.
Given there will be little to no away fans and its the traditional Christmas shopping Saturday I'm not sure there would be less fans at a rearranged midweek game.
Spot on.
The snow and ice warnings  are bad enough  but my original concern was the strength of the wind which still shows to be in excess of 50 mph which makes any match  a complete farce and waste of money.
With the warnings in place I think there is a responsibility on employers  to protect their employees - most players and staff of both Clubs will have to try and travel North AFTER the game which is when the conditions are to be at their worst.
I also question the wisdom of sending players on to the pitch with that windchill factor.
Remember Tony Gervaise ?
This.

Archived