Queens v Dunfermline

I’m looking forward to it. After sneaking into the playoffs last week this is a good opportunity to prove we are genuine contenders. We haven’t a great record in games of any significance under Naysmith so this will be a good test of our bottle and desire.

Tall order without Dobbie and Harkins of course.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If that forecast  is still valid tomorrow then the game should definitely be postponed.

It's time the Governing bodies  and Clubs considered supporters  in these conditions.

The high winds alone are bad enough and lessons need to be learned from the Ayr postponement  last week.  That should have been called off much earlier.

It's hard enough to attract fans but to expect people to fork out to watch a complete farce in high winds is just unacceptable.

I'm sure we had an abandonment at home to Falkirk a few years ago, which quite simply should never have started.

The severe winds also ruined what should have been  a rip-roaring  SCQF at home to Falkirk in 2015 between two really good teams.

That was a huge disappointment that night , again which should never have gone ahead although I suspect because it was on TV there was more pressure to put it on.

Bit of  a theme here but going back  to Jan 2009, the Cup Tie away to Falkirk was completely ridiculous and should have never been played.

The Cup Final bounce was very evident though as 1002 away fans turned up !

Given that in addition to the wind factor, low temperatures  and snow are forecast , the game should be called off tomorrow.

Despite the fact that we will be without Messrs Dobbie and Harkins I was amazed to see that several bookies have Dunfermline priced up as favourites for this game at around 6/5. Clearly the absence of these two players is a big negative for us but Dunfermline’s form of late hardly justifies a short priced favourite’s tag away from home??

I must admit I was expecting to see us at around 6/4 max but we are over 2/1 with all bookies.

I just wonder whether they know something that we don’t? Hopefully we are not set to field 2/3 trialists from the Lowland League or we have a virus outbreak that is unreported? These prices simply don’t stack up but when these “rogue” figures emerge you have to be very sceptical.

Despite the fact that we will be without Messrs Dobbie and Harkins I was amazed to see that several bookies have Dunfermline priced up as favourites for this game at around 6/5. Clearly the absence of these two players is a big negative for us but Dunfermline’s form of late hardly justifies a short priced favourite’s tag away from home??

I must admit I was expecting to see us at around 6/4 max but we are over 2/1 with all bookies.

I just wonder whether they know something that we don’t? Hopefully we are not set to field 2/3 trialists from the Lowland League or we have a virus outbreak that is unreported? These prices simply don’t stack up but when these “rogue” figures emerge you have to be very sceptical.

Load on it then !
Have confidence !

Load on it then !
Have confidence !

As I say there is no logic to this pricing unless there is info that has not surfaced yet.

When Ross County visited us earlier in season they were top of league, in good form and were priced at around 13/8. Pars are in poor form, are 4 points behind us and are 6/5 which I think is the shortest price by far allocated to any visiting team in the league at Palmerston.

It will be interesting to see how the price moves in the run up to the match. I am very tempted to lump on at these prices but it is Queens we are talking about after all.

4 hours ago, Rjc-1988 said:

It will be people seeing Dobbie is out and assuming you're a one-man team.

If we are defeated on Saturday then we'll have lost the same amount of games by mid-December, as we did in the whole of last season.

It will be people seeing Dobbie is out and assuming you're a one-man team.
If we are defeated on Saturday then we'll have lost the same amount of games by mid-December, as we did in the whole of last season.

Dobbie is the only plausible reason but may be academic as forecast is horrific and if Authorities have any sense an early postponement would make sense but there again when is common sense ever applied in Scottish football?

30 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

Dobbie is the only plausible reason but may be academic as forecast is horrific and if Authorities have any sense an early postponement would make sense but there again when is common sense ever applied in Scottish football?

Games should be given every chance to go ahead so calling a game off a day in advance because there might be weather that would necessitate it is daft. 

Games should be given every chance to go ahead so calling a game off a day in advance because there might be weather that would necessitate it is daft. 

I actually said an early postponement- it is you that is saying a day in advance not me.

My definition of early is a postponement before fans have set off so I would sincerely hope that if the forecast is the same as it is now on Sat morning a decision would be taken by say 10.00am.If the wind is blowing at 50 mph on Sat morning with snow also threatening - what is your definition of “giving the game every chance”?

I actually said an early postponement- it is you that is saying a day in advance not me.

My definition of early is a postponement before fans have set off so I would sincerely hope that if the forecast is the same as it is now on Sat morning a decision would be taken by say 10.00am.If the wind is blowing at 50 mph on Sat morning with snow also threatening - what is your definition of “giving the game every chance”?
I've left Rosyth at 7am previously to get to dumfries for a game so that rules that out.

34 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
1 hour ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I've left Rosyth at 7am previously to get to dumfries for a game so that rules that out.

Were you going by boat or even cycling :o

Archived