• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
Wile E Coyote

Another year, another Cumnock manager

Agree with the above posts that it isn’t ideal for a manager to be absent for so many games. I also heard from a reliable source that Cumnock would have 5 players missing on Saturday and Largs were a good bet for the win. If these players were missing for the same reasons a Leonard then surely they should follow the same door as him. Good luck to Cumnock in any case.

It also seems Burns has regular Saturday work committments he has missed games because of this. Is this not just the same as Peter?
Burns is a luxury on the pitch which Cum ock cant afford i hope he works harder as Manager???

On 10/12/2018 at 11:59, Glenbuck Nosepicker said:

Big Peter worked wonders at Maybole and what he did at Girvan (2 successive title wins from a team that finished bottom of the league the season before he took over) will not be repeated in my opinion. Maybe Cumnock are the problem rather than Big Peter.

Maybe Peter relying on the same players that brought him success at Maybole and Girvan was partly the problem.  No offence to these two sides but the top division is a step above.

1 hour ago, Ashgrove1 said:

It also seems Burns has regular Saturday work committments he has missed games because of this. Is this not just the same as Peter?
Burns is a luxury on the pitch which Cum ock cant afford i hope he works harder as Manager???

Yes Paul missed a few Saturdays due to work commitments, but I’ll tell you when he pulls on the Cumnock jersey nobody works harder than him.

Yes Paul missed a few Saturdays due to work commitments, but I’ll tell you when he pulls on the Cumnock jersey nobody works harder than him.

It really won't inspire the players if he isnt there on a regular basis that just wont inspire anyone? I trust his other committments will be shelved??

12 hours ago, Ashgrove1 said:

You must be really bitter, two posts in 5 years and they are both about Paul Burns...

I thought Cumnock were only a couple of players away from being a team that could challenge for top honours,a good centre half and  a midfielder to help Burns relax and play his game.Will money be available to him to add  that wee bit quality Cumnock require,or will he have to work with whats there already.I do have sympathy with whoever takes that job,due to the fact they are at the mercy of competing with the neighbours.

I thought Cumnock were only a couple of players away from being a team that could challenge for top honours,a good centre half and  a midfielder to help Burns relax and play his game.Will money be available to him to add  that wee bit quality Cumnock require,or will he have to work with whats there already.I do have sympathy with whoever takes that job,due to the fact they are at the mercy of competing with the neighbours.

Talbot are a major problem for Cumnock as they will always be judged against them, but that doesn't explain why another close neighbour, Glenafton, have periods of success. Cumnock have been poor for years. The set-up is decent, the fan base is there - maybe it's a wages thing?

19 hours ago, CC1987 said:

Maybe Peter relying on the same players that brought him success at Maybole and Girvan was partly the problem.  No offence to these two sides but the top division is a step above.

He took Girvan to the top Division. Who do you think followed him that were not good enough?

3 hours ago, Glenbuck Nosepicker said:

He took Girvan to the top Division. Who do you think followed him that were not good enough?

Yes and what happened to them when they got there?

17 hours ago, Glenbuck Nosepicker said:

That was because he left to go to Cumnock. It's not rocket science.

You asked me why the players he brought weren't good enough for the Premier League? Come on it's  not rocket science!!!

Well, Paul in his first stint as manager made his first mistake, he didn’t play himself before that load of crap that was on the pitch today, our defence is a joke and upfront we pose absolutely no threat, Scot Anson for all his size doesn’t even challenge a high ball, his feet never leave the ground and his first touch, it’s embarrassing. Our best player Dan Carmichael is wasted playing so far forward, jeezo we are in a right mess. Where do we go from here, I fear the worst.

3 minutes ago, bigecumnock said:

Well, Paul in his first stint as manager made his first mistake, he didn’t play himself before that load of crap that was on the pitch today, our defence is a joke and upfront we pose absolutely no threat, Scot Anson for all his size doesn’t even challenge a high ball, his feet never leave the ground and his first touch, it’s embarrassing. Our best player Dan Carmichael is wasted playing so far forward, jeezo we are in a right mess. Where do we go from here, I fear the worst.

Cheer up. It gets easier next week

10 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Cheer up. It gets easier next week

Thanks for reminding me, I’ll no sleep the night thinking about it.