Wile E Coyote

Guest Nocknosh1988
2 hours ago, Talbot 1978 said:

I'll give burns till the rest of the season before walks or gets the boot

Will be here for a while 

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with the above posts that it isn’t ideal for a manager to be absent for so many games. I also heard from a reliable source that Cumnock would have 5 players missing on Saturday and Largs were a good bet for the win. If these players were missing for the same reasons a Leonard then surely they should follow the same door as him. Good luck to Cumnock in any case.

On 10/12/2018 at 11:59, Glenbuck Nosepicker said:

Big Peter worked wonders at Maybole and what he did at Girvan (2 successive title wins from a team that finished bottom of the league the season before he took over) will not be repeated in my opinion. Maybe Cumnock are the problem rather than Big Peter.

Maybe Peter relying on the same players that brought him success at Maybole and Girvan was partly the problem.  No offence to these two sides but the top division is a step above.

1 hour ago, Ashgrove1 said:

It also seems Burns has regular Saturday work committments he has missed games because of this. Is this not just the same as Peter?
Burns is a luxury on the pitch which Cum ock cant afford i hope he works harder as Manager???

Yes Paul missed a few Saturdays due to work commitments, but I’ll tell you when he pulls on the Cumnock jersey nobody works harder than him.

Yes Paul missed a few Saturdays due to work commitments, but I’ll tell you when he pulls on the Cumnock jersey nobody works harder than him.

It really won't inspire the players if he isnt there on a regular basis that just wont inspire anyone? I trust his other committments will be shelved??

12 hours ago, Ashgrove1 said:

It also seems Burns has regular Saturday work committments he has missed games because of this. Is this not just the same as Peter?
Burns is a luxury on the pitch which Cum ock cant afford i hope he works harder as Manager???

You must be really bitter, two posts in 5 years and they are both about Paul Burns...

I thought Cumnock were only a couple of players away from being a team that could challenge for top honours,a good centre half and  a midfielder to help Burns relax and play his game.Will money be available to him to add  that wee bit quality Cumnock require,or will he have to work with whats there already.I do have sympathy with whoever takes that job,due to the fact they are at the mercy of competing with the neighbours.

I thought Cumnock were only a couple of players away from being a team that could challenge for top honours,a good centre half and  a midfielder to help Burns relax and play his game.Will money be available to him to add  that wee bit quality Cumnock require,or will he have to work with whats there already.I do have sympathy with whoever takes that job,due to the fact they are at the mercy of competing with the neighbours.

Talbot are a major problem for Cumnock as they will always be judged against them, but that doesn't explain why another close neighbour, Glenafton, have periods of success. Cumnock have been poor for years. The set-up is decent, the fan base is there - maybe it's a wages thing?

17 hours ago, Glenbuck Nosepicker said:

That was because he left to go to Cumnock. It's not rocket science.

You asked me why the players he brought weren't good enough for the Premier League? Come on it's  not rocket science!!!

Well, Paul in his first stint as manager made his first mistake, he didn’t play himself before that load of crap that was on the pitch today, our defence is a joke and upfront we pose absolutely no threat, Scot Anson for all his size doesn’t even challenge a high ball, his feet never leave the ground and his first touch, it’s embarrassing. Our best player Dan Carmichael is wasted playing so far forward, jeezo we are in a right mess. Where do we go from here, I fear the worst.

3 minutes ago, bigecumnock said:

Well, Paul in his first stint as manager made his first mistake, he didn’t play himself before that load of crap that was on the pitch today, our defence is a joke and upfront we pose absolutely no threat, Scot Anson for all his size doesn’t even challenge a high ball, his feet never leave the ground and his first touch, it’s embarrassing. Our best player Dan Carmichael is wasted playing so far forward, jeezo we are in a right mess. Where do we go from here, I fear the worst.

Cheer up. It gets easier next week

Archived