Guest Bob Mahelp
33 minutes ago, NorthernLights said:

I thought it was offside at the game but having seen the highlights it looks to me McKenna has played him on.

livi2.jpg

That's not the issue.

It's the fact that Considine lumbered around for about 10 seconds after this, playing the whole Livi team onside.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Dubford don said:

I bet you weren't complaining when your number 8 played the ball through for your second goal despite being offside when he received it

Why would I have? Would that change the fact that officials in this country are useless?

What a strange post. 

Edit: Just realised you've said "despite being offside when he received it", do you know how offside works? :lol:

18 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

That's not the issue.

It's the fact that Considine lumbered around for about 10 seconds after this, playing the whole Livi team onside.

Max Lowe as much to blame as Considine.  It's the Livi number 2 that eventualy scores and you can see from the still photo that Lowe was close to him and should have tracked him.  As it was though , Lowe just sort of jogs back and makes no real effort to get back goal-side ,  even though the potential danger from the number 2  should have been obvious to him.

That said,  I hope to hell Lowe stays for the rest of the season.

33 minutes ago, A96 said:

Max Lowe as much to blame as Considine.  It's the Livi number 2 that eventualy scores and you can see from the still photo that Lowe was close to him and should have tracked him.  As it was though , Lowe just sort of jogs back and makes no real effort to get back goal-side ,  even though the potential danger from the number 2  should have been obvious to him.

That said,  I hope to hell Lowe stays for the rest of the season.

That is the biggest problem with Max Lowe - he is wonderful going forward but at the back his defending skills are not the best. 

49 minutes ago, betting competition said:

That is the biggest problem with Max Lowe - he is wonderful going forward but at the back his defending skills are not the best. 

That's a bit unfair, he's plenty good at defending, just prone to the odd lapse in concentration.

The second goal was poor alround. Mcginn had the option of Ferguson or Considine, but didn't play the ball. McKenna played the striker on, but at the last second tried to catch him offside. Probably should have just stayed deeper. He did well to get back and force him wide. Lowe is sleeping and doesn't track the boy. Worst of all though is Considine. Playing someone onside in your own penalty box is criminal.

I make that three goals in two games he's been directly responsible for. I guess that's my fault for praising him after the *** game. Straight back to classic Considine. Time to go Peterhead imo.

From our pov it was good pressing for the first goal and nice slick passing by Menga and Pittman putting McMillan through on goal and a nice shot for the goal.

Same with Aberdeen, Burns filling in at LWB was  out of his depth not being able to cut out the crosses into our box, but from Aberdeen's pov it was 2 superb balls and nice finishing for their first 2 goals.

As EL said, Aberdeen were well on top 2nd half but it is really annoying that their winner came from a refereeing error, not awarding us a goal kick for the ball coming off an Aberdeen player.  Kelly should have punched the ball away too but he's been superb for us this season so you can forgive him for this one.

That's a bit unfair, he's plenty good at defending, just prone to the odd lapse in concentration.
The second goal was poor alround. Mcginn had the option of Ferguson or Considine, but didn't play the ball. McKenna played the striker on, but at the last second tried to catch him offside. Probably should have just stayed deeper. He did well to get back and force him wide. Lowe is sleeping and doesn't track the boy. Worst of all though is Considine. Playing someone onside in your own penalty box is criminal.
I make that three goals in two games he's been directly responsible for. I guess that's my fault for praising him after the *** game. Straight back to classic Considine. Time to go Peterhead imo.

Maybe it sounds harsh but I’m judging him overall in the the games I’ve watch. Recently he has been fantastic especially in the league cup final which he was easily our best player. I think he will have a great career and his loan with us will benefit his game and hopefully we get his loan extended.

Feel slightly sorry for Considine for him a left footer playing the right side of Centre-back - he was dreadful against Livingston/St Johnstone but he was fantastic against Rangers

3 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

From our pov it was good pressing for the first goal and nice slick passing by Menga and Pittman putting McMillan through on goal and a nice shot for the goal.

Same with Aberdeen, Burns filling in at LWB was  out of his depth not being able to cut out the crosses into our box, but from Aberdeen's pov it was 2 superb balls and nice finishing for their first 2 goals.

As EL said, Aberdeen were well on top 2nd half but it is really annoying that their winner came from a refereeing error, not awarding us a goal kick for the ball coming off an Aberdeen player.  Kelly should have punched the ball away too but he's been superb for us this season so you can forgive him for this one.

Burns is naturally a LB is he not anyway? So not like he's out of position, just that he's shite (apart from the Celtic game) :D 

3 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Burns is naturally a LB is he not anyway? So not like he's out of position, just that he's shite (apart from the Celtic game) :D 

Nah he's a midfielder, but can play LB/LWB if needed, he was just not good enough defensively against Aberdeen though.

Archived