1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Cosgrove did dive, he takes a step after being fouled then drags his toes along the ground.

So how was it a dive if he was fouled ?   (which according to you, he was)
He was either fouled and made more of it than it was, or he just plain old did a John MacDonald.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having watched the highlights it was definitely a foul outside the box. I can see why the referee has thought he’s dived though as he travels quite a way from the contact. 

Poor decsions that led up to Aberdeen’s winner though. Maybe Aberdeen fans should drop the whole “f**k the SFA” “***” stuff towards referees though. So embarrassing. 

7 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Having watched the highlights it was definitely a foul outside the box. I can see why the referee has thought he’s dived though as he travels quite a way from the contact. 

Poor decsions that led up to Aberdeen’s winner though. Maybe Aberdeen fans should drop the whole “f**k the SFA” “***” stuff towards referees though. So embarrassing. 

I didn’t hear that once last night.

18 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

One swallow, does not a summer make.

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

Maybe Aberdeen fans should drop the whole “f**k the SFA” “***” stuff towards referees though. So embarrassing. 

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I didn’t hear that once last night.

2 hours ago, Muzza81 said:

I did. 

You get to our age, the hearing's not so good...

Fully expected us to lose this. 

only 4 points behind the league champions and the best team in the country, despite not having a striker worth the name.

We might end up in the top half yet.

p.s. RandomVL's meltdown has been top notch. A dandy must have shagged his inflatable lady.

Livi fans seem a decent bunch and have offered fair comment - it's been a while since we met, and I am reminded they are the home towners amongst all the sevconians, virginias, diets and hibees that likely inhabit W.Lothian.  We're also down there in amongst those bouncy black pellets at the end of the month.

Very enjoyable match last night.  I didn't boo or panic at HT and remained quietly confident we would turn it round. Based on what, I'm still unsure - but there were signs in the first half that we had another gear or two.

McLennan is essentially the new messiah - and although Wright was a wee bit better than Saturday, it still wasn't quite coming off for him.

McInnes likes a wee dig at the fans these days - but seemed happy with the atmosphere under the floodlights and the ovation May deservedly got after his performance.   Here's the secret Derek - unless we're playing Celtic or a big European side - we expect nothing less than sustained high tempo attacking football like we saw for 55 minutes of yesterday's 90 - then we'll get quite excited and occasionally start singing.

Also on a general note on 'matchday experience' - maybe he needs to find out why all the singing sections that were started up in recent years, right back to the red ultras, seemed to end up with the organisers and club falling out with each other.

10 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

McInnes likes a wee dig at the fans these days - but seemed happy with the atmosphere under the floodlights and the ovation May deservedly got after his performance.   Here's the secret Derek - unless we're playing Celtic or a big European side - we expect nothing less than sustained high tempo attacking football like we saw for 55 minutes of yesterday's 90 - then we'll get quite excited and occasionally start singing.

Also on a general note on 'matchday experience' - maybe he needs to find out why all the singing sections that were started up in recent years, right back to the red ultras, seemed to end up with the organisers and club falling out with each other.

I see what you're saying and yes, naturally the more attacking high tempo football that is played the better the atmosphere will be.

However, the speed at which the Pittodrie crowd goes from silent to turning against the team on more occasions than not is pathetic and Mcinnes has a right to have a go, even if it's not the smartest thing to do.

Firstly, a much much better game than I was expecting. Quite open, lots of chances, decent atmosphere second half and some cracking goals.

McGinns opener was a terrific finish after some good work by, I think, Cosgrove. First half especially was the best I've seen McGinn play for a while and he put in some great crosses second half. Then we just seemed to switch off with Considine having a bit of a nightmare. Fairly even first half overall though Livi capitalised well on their chances. Menga upfront isn't a particularly good player but is a real handful and bullied Considine a bit first half. Livi overall were well organised and a better team than I feel the media has made them out to be.

Wright was pretty poor really and deservedly hauled off at HT. I suspect he'll be released come the summer as he's probably not at the age to be going out on loan anymore. McLennan changed the game and was deservedly MOTM. Put in some great crosses and had the Livi FB on toast. They ended up having to double or triple up on him which created lots of space for Logan and others. May put in a tonne of work upfront but really lacks confidence in front of goal. I'm hoping once he gets one he'll gain a lot from it and go on a bit of a run. Probably the best I've seen Cosgrove play for us, put in a lot of work and deserved his goal. Thought at the time it was a clear penalty though on the replay it looks outside the box a bit. Never a dive though :lol:

Thompson was fairly hopeless as per. Livi started timewasting about 40 minutes in and were ripping the piss second half and Thompson did nothing about it. But it wasn't a corner for our winner so can't complain too much I guess :rolleyes:

Overall a deserved three points! Don't think Lewis had anything to do second half apart from pass it about the McKenna and Considine. I did enjoy McKenna messing about with the ball and the wee Livi guy in the centre circle after we'd scored. Particularly pleasing after the timewasting and playacting antics.

21 hours ago, resk said:
22 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:
Aberdeen emoji38.png
"we're not bottlers, we just can't beat Celtic in a final once in 8 attempts because they've got multiple times our budget", yet they're now on course to lose twice in a week to teams with a fraction of theirs.

I don't understand what this means. Do you mean that we have lost the last eight cup finals we've played against Celtic?

Out of the last 8 finals we have played Celtic we have won 4 lost 4

21 hours ago, LiviLion said:

First corner there probably should have been a free kick, second should have been a goal kick. Scottish referees :lol:

I bet you weren't complaining when your number 8 played the ball through for your second goal despite being offside when he received it

49 minutes ago, Dubford don said:

I bet you weren't complaining when your number 8 played the ball through for your second goal despite being offside when he received it

I thought it was offside at the game but having seen the highlights it looks to me McKenna has played him on.

livi2.jpg

Archived