From where I was it was impossible to tell whether Cosgrove dived, the lack of appeal from Aberdeen players told a story though. Assume you had a better view than the referee?
If he wasn’t on a booking he probably gets on. If an Aberdeen player got sent off for that you’d be absolutely fuming claiming an anti-Aberdeen SFA conspiracy!

There was McGinn and another other dons player that complained to the ref.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really enjoyed that 2nd half performance, how we didn’t win by more was a mystery. Connor McLennan deserved his man of the match what a ball in for the 2nd. I thought May was outstanding tonight - just a shame he didn’t get his goal that he deserved. Not a fan of Cosgrove but felt he had a very good game tonight.

When you see a team time waste a fair bit just makes it all the more glorious when you score in stoppage time.

Also reading the reaction of other fans on this thread is also glorious [emoji23]

Interesting comments from our manager after the game on red tv - slight dig at Aberdeen fans (not tonight’s game he was referring to but Saturday)

Not long in from the match and enjoyed reading through the last few pages. The win tonight has to dedicated to the St Johnstone fans on tonight desperate for a Livi win. Unlucky guys. Superb second half display with Connor McLennan making the difference right from the start of the half. Max Lowe again great for us, and I really hope no Derby full backs are injured going into January/February. I know he’s supposed to be a goalscorer, but Stevie May had a really good match tonight other than the goal side of things. Cosgrove and McGinn decent games and what a finish (reprise) from Derek’s laddie. All in all a good night for us.

Im not going to lie, I’m absolutely gutted, devestated with the way that game finished, that’s what my heart is saying. 

My head is saying, Aberdeen deserved to win that game and 3-2 was quite a flattering scoreline for us. 

Make no mistake Aberdeen absolutely deserved to win, they pinned us back for the entirety of the second half but I thought we were going to steal a point with a couple minutes to go, I thought we’d done enough, so was proper heart break at the end. 

Our season won’t be defined by results at Aberdeen, but I think tonight shows we have the ability to dig in when things are getting tough. 

I think we tired heavily in the second half, McMillan, Sibbald both looked like they had gone after about 70 minutes, but fair fucking play, they kept going and never ever gave up despite the ball coming back at them time and again.

Yeh we lost, and we probably got lucky it wasn’t a heavier defeat but I’m so proud of my wee team again, they gave everything and more and just fell short. 

Hearts on Friday looking even tougher now, boys will be knackered. 

Well done Aberdeen on the win tonight. 

Watched it back this morning in China. Good result, and a pleasing second half performance.

McLennan deserves the plaudits, and his showing was a very favourable contrast to Wright's in the first half. I was a bit surprised McLennan dropped to the bench rather than Wright in the first instance, because I thought McLennan was the better of the two on Saturday. 

Cosgrove and May both played well - May works hard, chases lost causes, and can drag defenders out of position, which simplifies Cosgrove's role. Cosgrove is good at occupying defenders and gives us a target to hit, as long as we don't become overly reliant on just hoofing long balls up to him. It was also good to see him adding some end product. May certainly deserved an assist from his cross for Considine's sitter, but he should have buried at least one of his chances to score when he had already done the harder work. 

We are still a better team with McGinn on the pitch. I thought he was pretty impressive with the exception of his lapse before Livingston's second goal. 

24 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Best result for St Johnstone that, both of these haddies stay below us, DELICIOUS. 

Good effort,  just a bit short of vitriol and making a salient point rather detracts from  the barbed jibe.   Probably a B-

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Best result for St Johnstone that, both of these haddies stay below us, DELICIOUS. 

Yet again my ability to get the desired result for us by wanting the opposite, comes through. I make that four times I've successfully managed it this season.

Really weird game. The first ten minutes we looked really good and I thought McGinn's goal was fantastic. At that point it looked like it was going to be an easy night, then Considine gifted Livingston an equaliser and the defence completely switched off to allow Livi to go ahead. The latter 35 minutes were very poor from Aberdeen. Wright looked completely out of place. He's got talent somewhere but there's been a few shocking displays from him lately.

Second half was a different story, McLennan was fantastic and really troubled Livingston. Deserved equaliser and felt like a matter of time before we'd get a winner, didn't expect it to come as late as it did. Consi's miss really should have been buried after a great cross from May, who had as good as a game as he's had for us without getting a goal. The referee was shocking, at one point he gave Livingston a free kick when their goal keeper clattered into May, the Livingston captain probably should have had a second yellow for cynically taking out May, he stopped play during a dangerous Aberdeen attack because a Livingston player decided to stay on the ground needlessly after a tackle, and he booked Cosgrove presumably for diving when it was a clear penalty (he must really think the referees have something against him), that said our winner then came from a corner that was won only after a corner that should probably have been a free kick to Livingston so it evened out to an extent. Really that game had Aberdeen at every point this season, terrible for much of the first half, excellent for most of the second half and a Ferguson overhead kick. Deserved win in the end and could well have been more.

McLennan and May standouts for the Dons. Cosgrove looked better than usual, a bit of a handful, nicely taken goal and a good assist for McGinn. Poor game for Consi and Wright. Good performance by McGinn, at times looked the player of two years ago. I expect McInnes to attempt to sign Menga during the summer.

Yep. he was caught outside the box and missed by the ref so when he did go down it looked like a dive, so no clear penalty but should've been a foul for Aberdeen. It was also two corners Aberdeen got when Livi should've got the decisions, the 2nd one was Kelly punching the ball off an Aberdeen player for a goal kick. Cracking goal though.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Given our relatively good defensive performances this season, it was disappointing that the biggest threat to us not taking 3 points last night was ourselves.

Considine was awful for the first, and McGinn and Considine culpable for the 2nd. Aside from that, Livi offered nothing apart from some laughably brutal time wasting.

A good 2nd half performance inspired by Connor McLennan got us out of jail, but the result was well-deserved. St Mirren and Dundee up next.....6 points out of these games would round off a good week.

P.S. I've lost all patience waiting for Scott Wright to make a significant (or any) contribution to the team. His time at Pittodrie must surely be coming to an end.

Archived