Just now, AberDon said:

Can anyone point out the supposed foul here? 

Obvious cheating there. The two (three) Aberdeen players that fouled the keeper were wearing Livingston strips. Blatant as day, when will this pro-Aberdeen bias ever end?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like we were blowing out our arse in that second half. Was always going to be a tough schedule for us but I hope we’ve got enough to give it a good go on Friday evening.

By all accounts, Bobby Burns took a bit of a roasting down our left hand side tonight. Quite like the lad’s endeavour but Lamie will be a big miss if he’s out for a while.

Sounds like the Dons rode us silly in the second half so it’d be a bit daft to suggest we deserved anything - still gutting to lose it so late, contentiously.

Aberdeen [emoji38]
"we're not bottlers, we just can't beat Celtic in a final once in 8 attempts because they've got multiple times our budget", yet they're now on course to lose twice in a week to teams with a fraction of theirs.
I don't understand what this means. Do you mean that we have lost the last eight cup finals we've played against Celtic?

Attended this tonight as a ‘neutral’ (definitely wanted an Aberdeen win as I hate Livingston) and I fair enjoyed it. First half was quite even but Livi capitalised on some poor defending and were ruthless. Stevie May missing a pretty good chance along the way. Aberdeen scored a very nice goal with Cosgrove doing excellent to assist!

Second half was a battering. McLennan has to play in that Aberdeen team as he adds pace and directness with some quality crossing as well. Far better than Wright who was once again ineffective.

Few observations; Menga was a nuisance without being all that good but he was an outball. Not sure why Aberdeen fans got so angry at him. Livi’s timewasting was fun. The referee didn’t have a bad game but there were some big decisions I would like to see again. Aberdeen fans raging at him seemed well over the top.

Steveie May trying to score goals :lol: 

39 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

This has been his season tbh. His game against Hibs typified this. His off the ball play is superb, he's just lost that predatory instinct. 

Not it isn’t. He’s good at running and chasing things. His link up and hold up play is poor but as he runs about fans seems to let him off the hook. Cosgrove far more effective but gets much more stick. 

Attended this tonight as a ‘neutral’ (definitely wanted an Aberdeen win as I hate Livingston) and I fair enjoyed it. First half was quite even but Livi capitalised on some poor defending and were ruthless. Stevie May missing a pretty good chance along the way. Aberdeen scored a very nice goal with Cosgrove doing excellent to assist!

Second half was a battering. McLennan has to play in that Aberdeen team as he adds pace and directness with some quality crossing as well. Far better than Wright who was once again ineffective.

Few observations; Menga was a nuisance without being all that good but he was an outball. Not sure why Aberdeen fans got so angry at him. Livi’s timewasting was fun. The referee didn’t have a bad game but there were some big decisions I would like to see again. Aberdeen fans raging at him seemed well over the top.

Steveie May trying to score goals :lol: 

Fans were getting angry at Menga as he had no intention of playing the ball all night. More interested in pushing, barging and obstructing all night long. Even when in possession [emoji23][emoji23]

As for Thomson

Halkett not getting a Second yellow for his barge on May just outside box in first half.

Booking Cosgrove for diving after being brought down on edge of box.

Aye Thomson had a cracker against us as per usual.

Something very satisfying coming back and winning against a team like that. Backslapping, fistpumping and celebrating holding on to a point whilst game is still going on is hilarious to look back on.

Aberdeen were superb in the second half. Well done DM.

1 minute ago, G-MAN said:

Halkett not getting a Second yellow for his barge on May just outside box in first half.

Booking Cosgrove for diving after being brought down on edge of box.

Aye Thomson had a cracker against us as per usual.

From where I was it was impossible to tell whether Cosgrove dived, the lack of appeal from Aberdeen players told a story though. Assume you had a better view than the referee?

If he wasn’t on a booking he probably gets on. If an Aberdeen player got sent off for that you’d be absolutely fuming claiming an anti-Aberdeen SFA conspiracy!

From where I was it was impossible to tell whether Cosgrove dived, the lack of appeal from Aberdeen players told a story though. Assume you had a better view than the referee?
If he wasn’t on a booking he probably gets on. If an Aberdeen player got sent off for that you’d be absolutely fuming claiming an anti-Aberdeen SFA conspiracy!

I did have a better view.
Numerous replays on RedTV

Most obvious thing was that he was clean through with no need to go down FFS.

Just now, G-MAN said:

I did have a better view.
Numerous replays on RedTV

Most obvious thing was that he was clean through with no need to go down FFS.

You mean like the Rangers lad on loan from Roma did against Aberdeen in the semi? That must have been a penalty too FFS.

27 minutes ago, Muzza81 said:

Not it isn’t. He’s good at running and chasing things. His link up and hold up play is poor but as he runs about fans seems to let him off the hook. Cosgrove far more effective but gets much more stick. 

You're right that Cosgrove can be more useful in certain games (probably today's game, idk I wasn't there) but I feel May puts defenders under more pressure. Not physical pressure for winning headers up the park, and he's not an out ball that can hold it up, but when he's pressing a defence, he puts that doubt in, and he forces mistakes, not necessarily immediately, but two/three passes on sometimes. We often miss him when he's subbed. 

Now I really like Stevie May and I always have done so maybe the above is me just seeing what I want to see, but I feel we're a stronger team with him in it. He defends from the front. Feel free to disagree with my sickening positivity. 

12 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Fans were getting angry at Menga as he had no intention of playing the ball all night. More interested in pushing, barging and obstructing all night long. Even when in possession emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Wtf is he supposed to do. That’s his job! Is he just meant to let the two big Aberdeen centre backs win the ball all day or try and grapple to feed on scraps? Have a word with yourself man. He did well to set up the second goal for a man that had no intention of playing the ball all night...

Archived