Tough week for us, Aberdeen on Tuesday followed by Hearts on Friday night. 

Aberdeen having what can only be described as an odd season, not hit the heights of previous seasons but still reached a cup final, just can’t seem to get a consistent run going. 

I think if someone offered us 6 points from the previous 3 games we’d have absolutely taken that. 

I dont see why we can’t go up to Aberdeen and pick something up, Aberdeen aren’t exactly prolific, or haven’t been up until now, so if we defend as well as we can, there’s a chance. 

Kelly, McMillan, Gallagher, Halkett, Lithgow, Burns, Byrne, Jacobs, Pittman, Hardie, Hamilton. 

Another hour for Hardie in this one, rest Lawless, don’t risk Lamie, apart from that I think the rest almost picks itself. 

Menga will probably play instead of Hamilton though. 

Looking forward to the trip up, hopefully we take our second half performance yesterday into this one. 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Livingston - all those memorable matches in the Skovdahl era.

Seem to recall an easy LC victory against a very limited looking lower league side not so long ago, now suddenly we’re below them in the top flight in December.

If they can shitfest games, they have a fair chance against us.

As I said on the Livi v Hearts match thread, i'd rest Hardie up in this game and save him for Fri night, our away form isn't great and I think our best bet would be a win at home against Hearts with a fully rested Hardie. If he'd been playing all season it wouldn't be a problem but he isn't match fit so why play him twice in 3 days and then again on Fri. I think Hamilton has done well, so start him and Menga up front, could even bring Hardie on for the last 20 mins if we were needing to. 

Anyway, i'd take a draw here as a good result, nobody seems to get many wins playing away from home in this league.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Our next 3 games are Livi, St Mirren and Dundee.

Last season this was a stick-on 9 points. This season, given the inability of our strikers to strike, is a different kettle of sheep.

It's not f*cking rocket surgery playing against us. Flood the midfield, and get the first goal and that's almost certainly game over.  I presume that Livi will be looking at Motherwell and St Johnstone for a template.

Heard a lot of good things about Livingston this season so really worried how this game will go especially as the bad result on Saturday means this game has a lot more pressure to win it. 

Aberdeen have scored only 2+ goals 4 times this season (2 x St Mirren, 1 Hamilton and 1 Kilmarnock) - we don't like like scoring in any of the other matches. Hopefully GMS is back for this match, does anyone know how long Frank Ross is out for? Hopefully Devlin is near coming back as we have no options in defence at the moment.

5 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Last season this was a stick-on 9 points. This season, given the inability of our strikers to strike, is a different kettle of sheep.

It's not f*cking rocket surgery playing against us. Flood the midfield, and get the first goal and that's almost certainly game over.  I presume that Livi will be looking at Motherwell and St Johnstone for a template.

No it wasn't. Us and St Mirren were in the Championship last season.

:D 

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

Heard a lot of good things about Livingston this season so really worried how this game will go especially as the bad result on Saturday means this game has a lot more pressure to win it. 

Aberdeen have scored only 2+ goals 4 times this season (2 x St Mirren, 1 Hamilton and 1 Kilmarnock) - we don't like like scoring in any of the other matches. Hopefully GMS is back for this match, does anyone know how long Frank Ross is out for? Hopefully Devlin is near coming back as we have no options in defence at the moment.

Saw elsewhere that McInnes has confirmed that GMS will miss this one as well so down to relying on McGinn to create for whoever starts up front. I don't think May did much wrong on Saturday with limited service so would stick with him. I cannot believe we have got so bad that folk are advocating a cart horse like Cosgrove starting. 

14 minutes ago, Jute said:

Saw elsewhere that McInnes has confirmed that GMS will miss this one as well so down to relying on McGinn to create for whoever starts up front. I don't think May did much wrong on Saturday with limited service so would stick with him. I cannot believe we have got so bad that folk are advocating a cart horse like Cosgrove starting. 

That is a blow if GMS can't make it as Scott Wright and Connor McLennan was pretty poor on Saturday. Scott Wright was a big disappointment especially as he hasn't played as much over the last week but he is now getting to an age where it is looking like he isn't good enough for Aberdeen.

I think you could have Messi upfront and he would struggle to score with the lack of creative players we have in the midfield area.

I wouldn't have Cosgrove anywhere near the first team - at least Wilson and  May have some sort of football ability.  

6 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

That's generally what we do, then fire the ball right over their heads.:lol:

First time we'll have played Livi since March 2006 - a 3:0 Dons home win. I'd bite your hand off for that tomorrow tbh as the only way we look like scoring is from a set piece. With GMS likely out again I'd like to see McLennan get another chance. Devlin still doubtful so I'd imagine Considine will start again. I'd go for the following team though I expect one of Wilson or Cosgrove will start and we'll spend 0- minutes bypassing the midfield up to them.

Lewis

Logan Considine McKenna Lowe

McGinn Shinnie Ferguson McLennan

May Anderson

Incidentally, the earliest Dons game I can remember being at was sitting in section Y during a 0:3 home defeat to Livi. So thanks for that :thumbsdown Looking back at the previous fixtures it was likely January 2002 during the Skovdahl years. Hopefully not a repeat tomorrow!

Archived