The Pie & Bovril Dead Pool 2019

Week 37 update

Nothing doing this week, so it's time to learn about someone new again. Sadly after scanning the Wikipedia list for the last week I just have this stuck in my head:

The running "ironic hold music" joke in The Simpsons' early days was one of its more under-rated gags if you ask me. Singer of the song Homer loses himself to here, is Eddie Money, who died at 70 this week: https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-eddie-money-dead-two-20060523

In all honesty, I've never heard of him or any of his songs. Without that Simpsons clip I would probably writing about someone else right now. But he seems to have done quite well in the 70s and 80s, so maybe I'm the one missing something. It's also quite sobering to read that he only recently revealed he had cancer:

"I thought I was going in for a check-up and [the doctor] told me I have cancer," he says in the prophetic footage.

"We found out that I had cancer and that it was stage 4 and that it was in my liver and my lymph nodes and a little bit in my stomach… It hit me really, really hard.

"Am I gonna live a long time? Who knows, it's in God's hands. But you know what? I'll take every day I can get. Every day above ground is a good day."

9 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Week 37 update

Nothing doing this week, so it's time to learn about someone new again. Sadly after scanning the Wikipedia list for the last week I just have this stuck in my head:

The running "ironic hold music" joke in The Simpsons' early days was one of its more under-rated gags if you ask me. Singer of the song Homer loses himself to here, is Eddie Money, who died at 70 this week: https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-eddie-money-dead-two-20060523

In all honesty, I've never heard of him or any of his songs. Without that Simpsons clip I would probably writing about someone else right now. But he seems to have done quite well in the 70s and 80s, so maybe I'm the one missing something. It's also quite sobering to read that he only recently revealed he had cancer:

He also appeared in an episode of King of Queens where Doug hired him to play in the house as he and Deacon were trying to do a Brewster's Millions for some reason I can't remember.

23 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Week 37 update

Ahem. I believe Brian Barnes sadly passed away this week and was a solo pick for someone.

11 minutes ago, Karpaty Lviv said:

That’s Fernando Ricksen away.

Means that my Captain and Vice Captain have now both kicked the bucket this year. I imagine that he will have been one of the first names on most team sheets mind you.