The Pie & Bovril Dead Pool 2019

On 12/9/2018 at 17:39, Sergeant Wilson said:

Ignore him Miguel.

If I was going to pick someone to do the pool, you'd have been in the top 7 or 8.

I had a list of 15, but they were all ineligible because they were all P&Bers, which is against the rules.  In the end, I couldn't think of 15 celebrities who might want to run our Dead Pool for us.  In fact, Jim Davidson was the only one I could think of.

21 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

I had a list of 15, but they were all ineligible because they were all P&Bers, which is against the rules.  In the end, I couldn't think of 15 celebrities who might want to run our Dead Pool for us.  In fact, Jim Davidson was the only one I could think of.

Ah, Jim Davidson.  Didn't think of him.  Number 15 sorted.

On 12/17/2018 at 02:17, chomp my root said:

Thoroughly enjoyed my sunday afternoon watching football/drinking/researching for deadpool. Is there a better way to spend a sunday afternoon ????

Can see some of this season's lightweights being ditched unless the buck the feck up.... 

Rookie mistake.  Dead Pool is clearly for work time only.

Just a couple of rule queries in order to get these things clarified beforehand.

What is the situation regarding folks who die 12 hours either side of New Year? If someone in Australia dies at 11pm GMT on December 31st 2018, which is well into 2019 in Oz time, do they get counted for the 2018 or 2019 Dead Pool? Local time is 2019, but the 2019 competition hasn't technically started yet. Are these counted in one year or another , or is this some form of Dead Pool Limbo where nobody gets points? Or all-inclusive, where the person dies in both years?

Also, regarding astronauts - if someone dies in outer space, how is their local time of death calculated? The obvious date would be the date and time of day at the corresponding point on the earth's surface if you project from the Earth's surface outwards to their place of death? I'm guessing that the probability of an astronaut in orbit dying within 12 hours of their birthday is very small but there have been space-based fatalities, and NASA has sent up a 77-year old John Glenn before.

Edited by Aim Here

3 hours ago, Aim Here said:

Just a couple of rule queries in order to get these things clarified beforehand.

What is the situation regarding folks who die 12 hours either side of New Year? If someone in Australia dies at 11pm GMT on December 31st 2018, which is well into 2019 in Oz time, do they get counted for the 2018 or 2019 Dead Pool? Local time is 2019, but the 2019 competition hasn't technically started yet. Are these counted in one year or another , or is this some form of Dead Pool Limbo where nobody gets points? Or all-inclusive, where the person dies in both years?

Also, regarding astronauts - if someone dies in outer space, how is their local time of death calculated? The obvious date would be the date and time of day at the corresponding point on the earth's surface if you project from the Earth's surface outwards to their place of death? I'm guessing that the probability of an astronaut in orbit dying within 12 hours of their birthday is very small but there have been space-based fatalities, and NASA has sent up a 77-year old John Glenn before.

Local time. I put that rule in mainly out of consideration for future years run by me, but for this transition I'll include anyone dying in 2019 - anywhere - if they were picked beforehand,

GMT, local time rules apply if a launch of some sort fails.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

On 18/12/2018 at 13:27, Savage Henry said:

Rookie mistake.  Dead Pool is clearly for work time only.

I tried working once, I can't say I took to it.  I'll stick to my trophy husband gig,  guess the only downside is I have to pick my dead pool squad from my sofa instead of an office. I'll learn to live with it I suppose.  :whistle

Edited by chomp my root