The Pie & Bovril Dead Pool 2019

2 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Golf (and other US sports) writer Dan Jenkins in the hole at 89. 

Not a pick for me but I think he might be the first person I've been following on twitter when they died. 

Fairways and greens is a great starting point of very funny writing (if you like golf, not much point if you don't) 

I thought he looked a bit rough

# fookinyaldy

If you read his twitter feed he was a cert not to be long for this earth. Points please! Think he might even have been a solo.

Uk obit here:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-jan-michael-vincent-dead-14107022

Serious bidness the Dead Pool this year especially when dicing about the top of the leaderboard.

5 hours ago, alta-pete said:

# fookinyaldy

If you read his twitter feed he was a cert not to be long for this earth. Points please! Think he might even have been a solo.

Uk obit here:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-jan-michael-vincent-dead-14107022

Serious bidness the Dead Pool this year especially when dicing about the top of the leaderboard.

Easy there kemosabe, pretty sure he made team Root too. 

EDIT - Balls, I have him on my list here but must have swapped him out at the last minute. My bad.

Edited by chomp my root
Being a stunny

6 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

What else was he in? I'm seeing him in a navy uniform? 

according to Wikipedia a  mid 70s film called Baby Blue Marine.

He was in a sci-fi film called Damnation Alley set in post apocalyptic America. 2000AD writers John Wagner and Pat Mills apparently saw the film (based on a book of the same name), thought it was a bit shite and wrote the Judge Dredd classic adventure The Cursed Earth as an improvement. 

Guest Moomintroll
Fair play to the Airwolf geezer.
Took plenty of drink and Class A drugs. Married 3 times. Ended up with half a leg chopped off, hopefully it was the bottom half or it might have been a bit awkward. Lived to 74, respect.
I remember, one of the first times I was tripping on acid, I went to my pals house & we were buckled watching that helicopter listening to the theme tune. His mum and dad knew we were obviously melted but they were just laughing at us, laughing at the whirlygig. Simpler times .

Week 10 update

Bags o' death this week, several featured in the Dead Pool, many more not. Which is the same as any other week, I suppose. 

First up was former Rangers and Scotland captain, Eric Caldow. Obituary: https://www.scotsman.com/news/obituaries/obituary-eric-caldow-rangers-and-scotland-full-back-a-gentleman-of-the-game-who-was-never-booked-1-4885138 (this isn't UK-wide but it's the best one I've found). Here is a video of him scoring a penalty against England:

On a somewhat related note, look at that thumbnail. Any time I see footage of football from this time I never understand how the stadiums worked. Seas of humanity that look more like something from Dante than a crowd at a football ground. My youtube suggestions have been filled with stuff from this time since I looked up that video stole that video from Eednud in the Rangers thread, and I'd strongly suggest you have a look yourself. 

Caldow was a Solo Shot for @ICTJohnboy. He died at 84, yielding 41 Base Points plus 50 for the Solo Shot, for a total of 91. 

The second death this week was actor Jan-Michael Vincent, who didn't actually die this week: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/mar/09/jan-michael-vincent-airwolf-and-big-wednesday-actor-dies-aged-73 I have never heard of him or anything he's been in, but it sounds like he led quite the life. 

Vincent was a solo shot for @alta-pete. He died at 73, for 52 Base Points. An extra 50 for the Solo Shot brings his total to 102. 

As a result, the scores now look like this:

1. alta-pete 399
2. Oooooft 375
3. Ned Nederlander 361

4. sparky88 328
5. DBA 236
6. chomp my root 221
7. Bishop Briggs 207
8. cdisaaccie, Lex, peasy23, The Naitch 140
9. Musketeer Gripweed 106

10. gingette, Once a Rover always a Rover 105
11. Ben Twilly 93
12. ICTJohnboy 91

13. LoonsYouthTeam 78
14. Indale Winton, lichtgilphead, qos_75 70
15. Sweaty Morph 62
16. The DA, Ziggy 44

17. Everyone else 0  

The spreadsheet has been updated to include these scores: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NlaNlT-7ZGlQGqszGFfBb49tVzFpWITUAR7BUjApJUc/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:

I remember, one of the first times I was tripping on acid, I went to my pals house & we were buckled watching that helicopter listening to the theme tune. His mum and dad knew we were obviously melted but they were just laughing at us, laughing at the whirlygig. Simpler times .

Absolutely brilliant theme tune 

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

That's Angus Sinclair, dubbed by the BBC as Scotland's worst serial killer, dead at the age of 73. 

Personally, I'd have called him Scotland's best serial killer, but let's not quibble. 

The world is a slightly better place today now that c**t is not in it

2 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

The world is a slightly better place today now that c**t is not in it

That’s him gone, Robert Black has already gone, all we need now is the cancer to finally kill off Tobin and we might be all out of serial killers