The Pie & Bovril Dead Pool 2019

2 hours ago, Oooooft said:

Thars yer points alta.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6633497/Top-Chef-season-15-contestant-Fatima-Ali-dies-bone-cancer-aged-29.html

I, for one, welcome the new Leader.

Bishop B seething much? :D

Why should I be seething about anything on this thread?

I have got much better things to do atm.

You need to get out more! :lol:

On 25/01/2019 at 20:51, Oooooft said:

Thars yer points alta.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6633497/Top-Chef-season-15-contestant-Fatima-Ali-dies-bone-cancer-aged-29.html

I, for one, welcome the new Leader.

Bishop B seething much? :D

She was a bit left field really as a celeb. Bit like one of our Masterchef professionals kicking the bucket. Not exactly well known to most.

WEEK 4 UPDATE

This week sees a Dead Pool first for me - hearing of a death while in real life and cringing, knowing it's going to cause me a lot of work. I'm at work having my lunch, guy at a table behind me starts talking to someone else - "my hero's died, Andrew Fairlie." (he used to be a chef). I grimace into my crisps knowing I've got a lot of counting to do. 

Obituary: https://news.sky.com/story/andrew-fairlie-renowned-gleneagles-chef-dies-from-brain-tumour-aged-55-11614414

"He has taught us so many lessons in life, not least to be kind.

"He worked incredibly hard and his favourite thing to do was to create magic for us in the kitchen at home.

"We will miss his calm, wonderful spirit, his cheeky sense of humour and his loving nature."

Fairlie cooked for the Queen and 44 world leaders during the G8 summit in 2005 and was crowned chef of the year at the 2018 Food and Travel Magazine Reader Awards.

He opened his own restaurant within the Gleneagles Hotel in 2001 and received its first Michelin star eight months later. A second one followed in 2006.

He was also, as noted on a previous page, a Good Celtic Man. Boak. 

Leaving us at 55 he offers 70 base points. This goes up to 140 for a Captain and 105 for a Vice-Captain. He was picked 15 times, as follows:

140 points - @cdisaaccie, @Lex, @peasy23, @The Naitch
105 points - @alta-pete, @chomp my root, @gingette, @Once A Rover always a Rover
70 points - @Indale Winton, @lichtgilphead, @Ned Nederlander, @Oooooft, @qos_75, @sparky88

We stayed culinary this week as a cooking programme contestant, Fatima Ali, died at 29.

Obituary: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6633497/Top-Chef-season-15-contestant-Fatima-Ali-dies-bone-cancer-aged-29.html

Top Chef's Fatima Ali has died of bone cancer at the age of 29, just months after being told she had just a year to live. 

Chef Bruce Kalman, her close friend and fellow Top Chef contestant, broke news of the death on Instagram: 'It's with a heavy heart we say goodbye to Fatima Ali today, as she has lost her battle with cancer. I will miss you Fati, and you will be in my heart forever. I'll always remember the great times we had, especially our interview during the tailgating episode discussing football, stadiums, and Taylor Swift.' 

Fatima was first diagnosed in 2017 with Ewing's sarcoma, a fairly rare cancer that affects bones and the tissues surrounding them.

(As a side-note, based on past experience of reading this thread I'm already cringing at the amount of times I'm going to have to link to the Daily Mail - a website about as appropriate for its source material.)

Leaving us at 29 she offers 96 base points. This goes up to 192 for a Captain. She was picked 4 times:

192 points - @alta-pete, @Ned Nederlander
96 points - @DBA, @sparky88

As you might expect, the standings have changed. 

1. sparky88 328
2. alta-pete 297
3. Oooooft 277
4. Ned Nederlander 262
5. DBA 236
6. chomp my root 221
7. Bishop Briggs 207
8. cdisaaccie, Lex, peasy23, The Naitch 140
9. gingette, Once a Rover always a Rover 105
10. LoonsYouthTeam 78
11. Indale Winton, lichtgilphead, qos_75 70
12. Musketeer Gripweed, Sweaty Morph 62
13. Everyone else 0

The spreadsheet has also been updated: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NlaNlT-7ZGlQGqszGFfBb49tVzFpWITUAR7BUjApJUc/edit?usp=sharing

I will now not be reading this thread until Tuesday, so no fighting, please. Thank you also to alta-pete for supplying the dates of birth of both deaths this week, although I found it interesting to note that both of them got a Wikipedia page made after they died. 

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

^ The Daily Mail website's main market is America and it brings the advertising dollars rolling in. It covers anything to do with Z list non-entities that most Brits, even reality junkies, have never heard of.  The ads are even worse than the "celeb" crap.

Yet most haters despise it for its right-wing politics that, ironically, have changed following the departure of Paul Dacre. Instead of being the full English Brexit cheerleader, it's whoring for Theresa May's shite deal.

Edited by Bishop Briggs

1 hour ago, Oooooft said:

James Ingram deid at 66 according to usually reliable sources......

Edit for obit.....

https://consequenceofsound.net/2019/01/james-ingram-dead-at-66/

Don't think that's a qualifying obituary - " In order to be eligible upon death, your entrants must receive an obituary in a UK-based national news source. Websites concerning a niche interest do not count in this instance - it must be a mainstream news source." 

24 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Don't think that's a qualifying obituary - " In order to be eligible upon death, your entrants must receive an obituary in a UK-based national news source. Websites concerning a niche interest do not count in this instance - it must be a mainstream news source." 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/breaking-james-ingram-dead-rb-13925075

53 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

*sighs*.

I never said qualifying, it was confirmation he was indeed , " deed".

The Brit papers wid pick up on him shortly but that was the necessary one to say "deed".