The Pie & Bovril Dead Pool 2019

11 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Nope, my parents were definitely married when I was conceived and born.

It is amusing to wind up humourless wankers. :lol:

Yes, you’re definitely on the wind up and not absolutely raging about a small change in rules in a forum game. 

Edited by Rugster

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Yes, you’re definitely on the wind up and not absolutely raging about a small change in rules in a forum game. 

It's not me who is raging. It's those who seem to be very upset that I even noticed it and you appear to be one of them. :lol:

If you look back, you will see that I thought it was amusing that Miguel quietly changed the rules to suit his team. For some unknown reason, he was very defensive. Fair play to him as I would not thought of doing that. :thumsup2

1 minute ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

As a Cardinal, I may have to pull rank here and send Bishop Briggs off to some remote diocese. 

Just threaten him with being sent for castration with the next batch of choirboys, that should wynd his neck (amongst other things!) in......

17 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

I'd have thought running the deadpool would be like being the banker in monopoly - just adding a few points to your own tally every time someone else gets some.

Not that I cheat at monopoly, of course...

Well looking at Miguel's team, I figured his form of 'I run this game' tricksiness was that he got the chance to sift through everyone else's choices before picking his team - it's 14 solo bonuses + Fernando Ricksen or someone - but he assures us it was the same team as last year and I'm too lazy to check, so I'll let it pass.

1 hour ago, Aim Here said:

Well looking at Miguel's team, I figured his form of 'I run this game' tricksiness was that he got the chance to sift through everyone else's choices before picking his team - it's 14 solo bonuses + Fernando Ricksen or someone - but he assures us it was the same team as last year and I'm too lazy to check, so I'll let it pass.

But, you didn't. 

4 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

But, you didn't. 

I only brought it up to edify this Mark Connolly on how to get an advantage from running the deadpool in a way that isn't straight-up cheating (and used Miguel's picks as a good example of how one would do it, even though it was apparently just coincidental!)

7 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

As a Cardinal, I may have to pull rank here and send Bishop Briggs off to some remote diocese. 

You obviously don't know that Bishop Briggs is a singer - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bishop_Briggs. The clue is in my avatar. 

Silly bugger! :lol:

The real Bishop Briggs

Bishop-Briggs-2017-press-3.jpg?resize=76

Edited by Bishop Briggs

And here's the obit.
https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/17375218.gleneagles-chef-andrew-fairlie-dies/

More points Miguel, get them posted.

He’s been a squad veteran for 4 years now, made him captain this term as it was clear he was getting to the end of his time here.

Sorry to see him go but these things happen in dead pool. It’s all about points on the board at this stage of the campaign so the boys will get back to training in the morning and focus on maintaining our strong start.

Vice captain Fernando Ricksen will now step into the breach and we all have confidence that he’s the man to follow Andrews strong example.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

He’s been a squad veteran for 4 years now, made him captain this term as it was clear he was getting to the end of his time here.

Sorry to see him go but these things happen in dead pool. It’s all about points on the board at this stage of the campaign so the boys will get back to training in the morning and focus on maintaining our strong start.

Vice captain Fernando Ricksen will now step into the breach and we all have confidence that he’s the man to follow Andrews strong example.

Joking aside, definitely this. An ex of mine worked for him, and he was a genuinely nice guy who cared about his staff.

Anyway, back on point, I wonder if the cremation will see his skin smoked with the rest cooked separately, like his signature smoked lobster?