Some credit has to go to Vaughan on the fourth for me. I think everyone thought he'd square to Armstrong but he's fired it into the bottom corner and the keeper went the other way.

Also listened to Danny Denholm's podcast with Mango who said he should be a few weeks away from returning. He'll make a huge difference.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

That's probably the least impressed I've been with a 50-yard strike but I can't explain why.

I think it's because it's low, and low goals very rarely look as impressive as ones that land in the top corner.

I've never really seen a goal like it though. As I said earlier it's more of a 45 yard shot than a lob. The power in it is ridiculous. It just doesn't lose any pace.

We also need to do something at left-back. Forbes gives us composure and vision in the middle of the park, but it might be worth punting him back into defence and starting Ryan Thomson (if he's fit enough) next week. He won't be as pretty, but he'll do a good job, and Forbes is better than Dyer.
Left sided defender has to be our #1 priority in January now imo.

James Creaney > Willie Dyer IMHO.

I'm hoping Duffy can use his contacts to bring in a couple of youngsters on loan. Do Celtic have any young left backs needing game time? It's not like they even need to be great, being able to do the very basics will be an upgrade on Dyer.

Watching those highlights shows how bad we are defensively, Willie Dyer is pish, no other words for it, ok the 1st goal does look as if he slipped slightly but he's on his heels and reacts so slow it's criminal. The 4th looks as if he just gave up, turned his back on the shot.
Mcgowan doesn't cover himself in glory either, the 3rd goal, and realistically the winner, is in the air a long time and drops to the goalscorer about 3 yards away from him, he's got to be coming to claim or at least punch that as it's in his 6 yard box. 2 CBs and a LB in January please Jim, I'd happily drive the rest of our defence to wherever they want to go.

38 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

James Creaney > Willie Dyer IMHO.

I'm hoping Duffy can use his contacts to bring in a couple of youngsters on loan. Do Celtic have any young left backs needing game time? It's not like they even need to be great, being able to do the very basics will be an upgrade on Dyer.

Agreed. Creaney's distribution was every bit as poor, but he could at least tackle and was quite a hard wee guy - despite being built like a rake. Dyer's really struggled to show anything. 

Celtic U20s left-back Daniel Church signed a new three year deal at the same time as Jack Aitchison. He doesn't seem to be that close to their first-team though, and with Tierney an absolute standout, it seems unlikely he'll be getting a shot any time soon. No idea if they'll be up for loaning him to a League One club but, having never seen him play, I'd be quite up for bringing him in.

Another guy I thought of who isn't near the first-team of a club we have connections with is Calum Waters. He was excellent for Alloa in League One.

Another former player, Boomer, would also be ideal. Especially if he's still a free agent.

On 15/12/2018 at 17:30, Silverton End said:

The sooner we ditch that hideous, f@$&ing stirling albion wannabe away kit the better.

Gold please

At least let me watch us get beat in traditional colours

After watching the highlights, I'd be more concerned about your Stirling Albion defending!:lol:

4 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I didn't really fault the goalie tbh, but if it had been us conceding that I might have, I guess.

It's still a fantastic hit, and good vision from Forbes - but I did feel like Thomson was out of position when he made his effort to save it.

4 minutes ago, renton said:

It's still a fantastic hit, and good vision from Forbes - but I did feel like Thomson was out of position when he made his effort to save it.

I saw someone on twitter say that Thomson's footwork was poor/non-existent and when I watched it back after reading that I could see where he was coming from. Having said that, I'd like to have seen an angle from behind Forbes or behind the goal as I'm convinced the ball moves in the air which is why Thomson doesn't move his feet to the left.

Archived