Defence and goalkeeper were a total mess. It’s tough to even know who to blame individually because they were all so poor. Both fullbacks were dreadful on and off the ball. We looked vulnerable to any ball through the middle of the team and the goalkeeper inspires zero confidence.

Kieran Wright back in next week for me, hopefully Crane is back fit soon and we can add a right back in January then we may start to look a bit more solid.

That’s the negative, positives are we look a very decent team going forward when things click. Great to see Vaughan back and grabbing a goal, thought he looked sharp. Nisbet and Armstrong seem to be scoring every week too. 

Also nice to see us get a couple of late goals after the questions raised last week. Winning while not being at your best is the sign of champions right?...:lol:. If we can sort the defence out I think we have enough about us going forward to challenge in the play offs but that’s a big if.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Euan Murray has been the worst player on the park...

Hmmm the much maligned Davo seemed to be holding that dreadful defence together. I though Gillespie was worse.

Nat did well in midfield but he’s not the most mobile. If the ball goes a couple of feet past him he can’t turn and get it.

I hadn’t been to a game since the 3rd November. I can see why we’ve lost to Montrose and East Fife since then. Not sure how you fix it with the squad we have. Need to get real full backs in place for starters. Probably stick the loan Ranger back in goals too. 

Thing is, with Vaughan, Nesbit and Armstrong, we have a very good attacking line up. 
Just a shame about the defence. 
Very much this. Gillespie barely found a man all day with a pass, Murray has been pretty awful anywhere he has played this season and davo n bene just don't seem to work as a partnership now. It could be down to Robbie in goals not inspiring much confidence at times. Davo is looking for a reason to moan at him these days. It could also be down to Murray and Gillespie leaving a spare man when we are attacking resulting in a mess when they have to get back and defend.

Will have to see the first one again to see if any blame lies with Robbie but it was a good strike. In saying that it was a brutal pass to no one from Armstrong that gave forbes the chance to get his shot away. Thought our first was a good bit of play in the corner with a fantastic ball from Nisbet with Armstrong just needing to direct it in. Our midfield was pretty non existent at times in the first half. I really like Nat but that was definitely the poorest he's played from what iv seen. Buchanan and flannagan didn't really do much but worked hard trying to link the play. Nisbet was isolated alot but without having a clue what happened for his goal he was there to tuck it away. Was good to see Vaughan back and immediately showing what he brings. Duggan did what was asked of him but he's not a winger so isn't going to be as effective as he could be, can't really get a chance up top with Nisbet in the form he is. Was far from a classic performance but I'll take that and 3 points everyweek to get us out this league!

41 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

The sooner we ditch that hideous, f@$&ing stirling albion wannabe away kit the better.

Gold please

At least let me watch us get beat in traditional colours

It could have been worse, the team could have been wearing those glorious beige socks.

Nat did well in midfield but he’s not the most mobile. If the ball goes a couple of feet past him he can’t turn and get it.

At one point Bobby Barr had a 5 yard head start on him with the ball at his feet and Wedderburn managed to catch him and easily nick the ball off him. A moment that sums Barr up IMO - an absolute shitebag of a player who thinks he's far better than he actually is. I'd be delighted to see him replaced in January. I don't think he beat a man all day and just looks slow and lazy. I had doubts over him at the start of the season and now I'm really starting to hate the sight of him in a Dumbarton strip.

Another moment that sums him up perfectly is when he was going mental after Calum Gallagher had a pop at goal when the more sensible option would've been to pass to Barr... despite him doing the exact same fucking thing about 2 minutes before.

As for our other donkeys... Dowie's inability to judge the flight of the ball is mind boggling. A guy who's main strength is hoofing and heading it clear is always going to struggle when he has a complete inability to judge the flight of the ball.

Dyer just looks like he wants to be anywhere else but on the park.

Hutton was probably our best player.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

At one point Bobby Barr had a 5 yard head start on him with the ball at his feet and Wedderburn managed to catch him and easily nick the ball off him. A moment that sums Barr up IMO - an absolute shitebag of a player who thinks he's far better than he actually is. I'd be delighted to see him replaced in January. I don't think he beat a man all day and just looks slow and lazy. I had doubts over him at the start of the season and now I'm really starting to hate the sight of him in a Dumbarton strip.

Good to see he inspires goodwill everywhere he goes, at the time that bit where Nat made him look ridiculous was one of very few reasons I was glad to have turned up.

As predicted, Dumbarton added to the list of fans that have realised Bobby Barr is a gutless waste of a shirt. Can't be long before he starts arguing during the game and heading off to Twitter to moan about it. 

Frustrating thing is that he is very, very capable.  He just has an abysmal attitude. 

20 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Another moment that sums him up perfectly is when he was going mental after Calum Gallagher had a pop at goal when the more sensible option would've been to pass to Barr... despite him doing the exact same fucking thing about 2 minutes before.

As for our other donkeys... Dowie's inability to judge the flight of the ball is mind boggling. A guy who's main strength is hoofing and heading it clear is always going to struggle when he has a complete inability to judge the flight of the ball.

Dyer just looks like he wants to be anywhere else but on the park.

Hutton was probably our best player.

Add to the that the offering fans a square go for pointing that out and that's him in a nutshell.  

As predicted, Dumbarton added to the list of fans that have realised Bobby Barr is a gutless waste of a shirt. Can't be long before he starts arguing during the game and heading off to Twitter to moan about it. 
Frustrating thing is that he is very, very capable.  He just has an abysmal attitude. 
The worst thing about Barr is that he has the ability but he's just too stupid/ staunch to work hard enough to use it.
I'll be honest, I've not seen a great deal to suggest he has all that much ability. He's not very quick, struggles to beat his man and isn't exactly great at whipping balls into the box.

He had a great game against some Morton reserve full back who looked about 17 and has chipped in with a few goals but he's really not impressed me at all so far.

1 minute ago, St. Starko said:

Apparently McGlynn wasn’t even there today. On Raith TV the interviewer said to Paul Smith “stepping in on the touch line for John today”.

Anyone know what happened? Was he just ill or something?

He was serving a one match touchline ban which was appealed from the East Fife game and was adjudicated last week.

Archived