2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Well, I was concerned about our chances this weekend but now that you've thrown up some entirely subjective opinions about Rovers' squad I've been able to compare those opinions against the cold, hard facts of Dumbarton's abysmal away record. After comparing this data it seems that you are correct and it is now likely that Dumbarton will take something from this game.

8-0 Sons.

I doubt we'll keep a clean sheet, so 8-1 Sons for me.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Worth noting we're missing both Vaughan and Hendry who were instrumental in the first game. Our game plan on a creative side depends on Flanagan being up for it, Armstrong not disappearing, and Nisbet basically creating goals from absolutely nothing.
I don't want to turn this into a debate about who's worse off but...

We have had two outfield players (a centre back and a centre mid) and our goalkeeping coach on the bench the last two weeks. Three measley players, one of whom is about three stone overweight and retired.

35 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

We have had two outfield players (a centre back and a centre mid) and our goalkeeping coach on the bench the last two weeks. Three measley players, one of whom is about three stone overweight and retired.

Any likelihood of your injury problems easing before the weekend?

Is Craig Barr one of the injured?

2 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Of course he will be, it's Craig Barr...

Spoiler

I miss him. He was awfy gid and is a handsome chap.

I highly doubt it, and Barr is indeed one of the walking wounded.

Last weekend we had the following players out:

Craig Barr
Rory Loy
Ross Perry
Grant Adam
Chris Smith (our emergency loanee who's on holiday apparently)
Ryan Thomson
Rory Loy
Iain Russell

Barr, Loy, Adam and Thomson have been out long term so I'd be surprised if any if them will be fit for it. Smith should be back from his holiday. Perry seems to be struggling constantly with knocks. Russell may well be available as he's been facing late fitness tests the last couple of weeks.

In summary we may well have Smith back meaning our retired goalkeeping coach will be replaced on the bench with Jamie McGowan and Russell may be able to make the bench. I am also led to believe 1 or 2 of the starting 11 are playing through the pain barrier due to lack of numbers.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Craig Barr
Rory Loy
Ross Perry
Grant Adam
Ryan Thomson
Rory Loy
Iain Russell

Rory Loy is so injured he was ruled out twice.

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

We’ve gone from saying it’s a championship fixture in all but name to a ‘my team is shitter than yours’ argument in the space of half a page.

Never change Scottish football, never change.

Page 3 is traditionally where the tits come out.

<<<first person to post on page 3

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I highly doubt it, and Barr is indeed one of the walking wounded.

Craig Barr
Rory Loy
Ross Perry
Grant Adam
Ryan Thomson
Rory Loy
Iain Russell

Barr, Loy, Adam and Thomson have been out long term so I'd be surprised if any if them will be fit for it. Smith should be back from his holiday. Perry seems to be struggling constantly with knocks. Russell may well be available as he's been facing late fitness tests the last couple of weeks.

In summary we may well have Smith back meaning our retired goalkeeping coach will be replaced on the bench with Jamie McGowan and Russell may be able to make the bench. I am also led to believe 1 or 2 of the starting 11 are playing through the pain barrier due to lack of numbers.

Please tell me that is Chris Smith the ex Dunfermline goalkeeper you are referring to?

If it is, then that makes up for the blow of Ross Perry missing out.

3 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Don't want to burst your bubble but we didn't even have that much diversity on our bench. Allardice isn't even a Centre back. What we had was 2 Centre Mids on the bench. Everything else is correct though :lol:

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

I was going to ask where the mercurial talents of Chris ‘Mini Messi’ Johnston and Scott ‘is he playing?’ Roberts are playing these days. I see they are now at Annan Athletic.

It saddens me that Roberts' only action of note was curling in an absolute screamer against us in the Gary Locke days. Says a lot that, even with our love of a Rangers and Raith reject, we didn't sign him last season.

49 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

It saddens me that Roberts' only action of note was curling in an absolute screamer against us in the Gary Locke days. Says a lot that, even with our love of a Rangers and Raith reject, we didn't sign him last season.

I had it in my head that Dumbarton did sign Roberts. Wrong. Did you witness any Messi moments from Chris Johnston?

57 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I had it in my head that Dumbarton did sign Roberts. Wrong. Did you witness any Messi moments from Chris Johnston?

He ran down the wing against Kilmarnock in the League Cup once. I suppose Messi sometimes runs down the wing.

Archived