• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Frank conner said:

I forgot Mcglynn will have them going for the full 90.

Are we starting on McGlynn already? Poor b*****d sorts us out, wins us this league, leaves us as an established side in what is now the Championship. Then back he comes 6 years later and we’ve managed to get ourselves relegated and have lost most of our decent players. 

20 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Are we starting on McGlynn already? Poor b*****d sorts us out, wins us this league, leaves us as an established side in what is now the Championship. Then back he comes 6 years later and we’ve managed to get ourselves relegated and have lost most of our decent players. 

Stop making excuses! We are where we are I'm glad to see the back of Smith but Mcglynn  is taking us backwards we could end up 20 points behind Arbroath and it will still be ok. Get a grip. 

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

Stop making excuses! We are where we are I'm glad to see the back of Smith but Mcglynn  is taking us backwards we could end up 20 points behind Arbroath and it will still be ok. Get a grip. 

Suggestions? Shout “Change it McGlynn”, en masse and see if that sorts it?

Maybe get the booing started again? I miss the booing. Maybe the team just need some constructive criticism in the form of booing.

12 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

2 massive Clubs

Clash of the titans

#League1copaLibertadores

Exactly. A championship fixture in all but name.

Even after our dismal relegation this fixture still took place last season in no less a match than the Challenge Cup Quarter Final.

Hard to see us taking anything from this match, we really are piss poor away from home.

Hmmm, I smell a rat!! Falkirk did this every time we played. Always playing down their chances when results went against them. Then bang wallop they inevitably won the game. Look I’ll make this simple. We only play 45 minutes then utterly capitulate in the other. It’s up to you guys to figure out which half we f**k up in.

5 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Hmmm, I smell a rat!! Falkirk did this every time we played. Always playing down their chances when results went against them. Then bang wallop they inevitably won the game. Look I’ll make this simple. We only play 45 minutes then utterly capitulate in the other. It’s up to you guys to figure out which half we f**k up in.

I'll make this even simpler for you - over this season and last season, we've won 4 league games away from home (2 of those coming against a Brechin side which went the entire season without winning a game, 1 against St Mirren and 1 this season against East Fife on the opening day). We might well show up and give you a dicking on Saturday but all available evidence suggests a much more predictable outcome.  I'm also not Jose Mourinho or Jim Duffy so me playing "mind games" on here with a bunch of Rovers fans who have no influence on the team would be quite the waste of time.

9 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Our away league form this calendar year makes for pathetic reading.

Played: 18
Won: 2 (Brechin last season, East Fife this season) - 11%
Drawn: 3 - 16%
Lost: 13 - 72%
Goals for: 15 (0.83 per game)
Goals against: 41 (2.27 per game)

Our away league form this calendar year makes for pathetic reading.
Played: 18
Won: 2 (Brechin last season, East Fife this season) - 11%
Drawn: 3 - 16%
Lost: 13 - 72%
Goals for: 15 (0.83 per game)
Goals against: 41 (2.27 per game)

Football is a game of chance. Take our game against Montrose. They were quicker, they were fitter and they had the desire to win. All these things put together is something our team simply doesn’t have. Apart from the new manager bounce against your club, we haven’t won a game convincingly. The cracks in the team are evident. It’s fine if your scoring goals, but conceding them just as much as we do is concerning.

23 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Football is a game of chance. Take our game against Montrose. They were quicker, they were fitter and they had the desire to win. All these things put together is something our team simply doesn’t have. Apart from the new manager bounce against your club, we haven’t won a game convincingly. The cracks in the team are evident. It’s fine if your scoring goals, but conceding them just as much as we do is concerning.

Well, I was concerned about our chances this weekend but now that you've thrown up some entirely subjective opinions about Rovers' squad I've been able to compare those opinions against the cold, hard facts of Dumbarton's abysmal away record. After comparing this data it seems that you are correct and it is now likely that Dumbarton will take something from this game.

8-0 Sons.

Archived