After match hospitality

lookinforgoals

Just like an idea of where we all stand on the after match hospitality laid on by the home team. We as a club(Neilston Juniors) take a bus to all away games so we are all together and it makes it easier for us all,players,committee and supporters to go back to said social club,pub,wee howf.... where ever it may be win lose or draw,we make a point of going back to the hospitality for the sake of sportsmanship and in most cases to give clubs a turn at the bar. Last two home games at brig o lea we have laid on hospitality at our local pub, a good sponsor of the club,and not one of the opposing teams players,management,committee or supporters has came back. Is it just a sign of the times or just rude??

Yay, we've not had one of these threads for a few weeks -I've been missing it.

We always communicate before and during the game that we have organised a buffet for all after the game in Loks Bar and Restaurant function suite-not had anyone reject it so far.

Have been at an away game or two where we showed up for post match hospitality after winning and the host club didn’t.....

17 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

Beith don't even let their own old feckers in...let alone any body elses' old feckers...erm,...allegedly.

Beith are the best hosts in the juniors towards visitors but try being a beith fan at bellsdale it's not quite the same.... A few fans have kindly asked if a certain pie is ready yet only to be told ' if you want one of them then f**k off to Kilbirnie'. 

Could add loads more examples but let's just say beith are a great host to visiting teams committees and players , the only ground in Scotland that beith fans aren't welcomed for half time drinks is bellsdale. 

Beith are the best hosts in the juniors towards visitors but try being a beith fan at bellsdale it's not quite the same.... A few fans have kindly asked if a certain pie is ready yet only to be told ' if you want one of them then f**k off to Kilbirnie'. 
Could add loads more examples but let's just say beith are a great host to visiting teams committees and players , the only ground in Scotland that beith fans aren't welcomed for half time drinks is bellsdale. 

Dont get to many games at bellsdale but I’ve heard a lot of grumbling in the stands and on social media about the non welcome to home fans also seen a lot of fans voicing it at Renfrew 2 weeks in a row could be different next season as there is a lot of work getting done I hope it changes as Renfrew showed us how it’s done

I've said it on here before, but I'd ditch the after-match hospitality thing altogether, except perhaps in the case of Junior Cup games where the visitors have come a long way. It entails a disproportionate amount of effort and there's just too much scope for noses to get put out of joint...X team never came back/Y team never laid anything on/Z team left after ten minutes and so on, as the regular appearance of these threads would indicate.

Times have changed and most players don't want to hang around in the social club or local boozer getting bladdered til 8 or 9pm - a significant amount don't even drink these days and most just want to get on with the remainder of their weekend. The whole thing probably only appeals to a minority of committee old boys who like it because that's the way it's hitherto always been. 

I was at neilston yesterday and enjoyed  the usual cup of tea and a sandwich at halftime.  no mention was made of after match hospitality although I do remember excellent post match refreshment on previous occasions. however it is becoming rarer now to see it being provided away from the ground and as we seldom have a team bus now almost everyone is driving, or is with a driver and as another poster has pointd out we  just want to get away after the match in most instances. Sad, but it is just the way it is now.

29 minutes ago, garrellburn said:

I was at neilston yesterday and enjoyed  the usual cup of tea and a sandwich at halftime.  no mention was made of after match hospitality although I do remember excellent post match refreshment on previous occasions. however it is becoming rarer now to see it being provided away from the ground and as we seldom have a team bus now almost everyone is driving, or is with a driver and as another poster has pointd out we  just want to get away after the match in most instances. Sad, but it is just the way it is now.

It was myself that made some of committee and management aware of it ... as posted cannot force anyone ...

no asking anyone to go and get smashed on n the pints etc  quick pop in even wee juice and bite to eat 

when we played out at Kilsyth we got turned over 6-1 and we still went into wee club  it’s decent thing to do in my opinion 

we’ve had some right decent turnouts from clubs in other occasions 

1 hour ago, griffiti on the wall said:

The problem might be it's at the local bar rather than at the ground as most folk will want to just head home straight after the match maybe best asking the club your playing if they would like any hospitality prior to the game .

I honestly don't understand why this isn't standard procedure. 

16 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

Ffs, this again, it happens at all clubs, not just yours, maybe a bit better communication is needed, but as I say it happens at all grounds

Cummunication. Was made so you want taken by the hand lol .... but hey ho that’s the World wee live in 

some teams hv bit of respect  

As mentioned previously times have changed! I think that the difficulty for the hosting club and venue is that food may be ordered in advance and possibly go to waste.

I enjoy after match hospitality, not quite as much when I am driving as enjoy a couple of sociables. Maybe the answer would be that the hosting club secretary contacts the opposition mid week to see if the will be going back for hospitality! 

2 of our committee enjoyed hospitality in your porta cabins after the game. It was a extremely wet and cold day and with the hospitality off site in a pub The players opted to head home. When you have no bus and everyone traveling in cars then jumping into your car on a wet miserable day to get out again for a sandwich In a pub up the road doesn't hold much of a draw. We offer hospitality at all our home games and on most occasions the visiting teams pop in for a pie or sandwich and leave fairly quickly. The difference being it's all on site. Sorry if you feel it was a lack of respect and no offence was intended .

54 minutes ago, kilsythblue said:

2 of our committee enjoyed hospitality in your porta cabins after the game. It was a extremely wet and cold day and with the hospitality off site in a pub The players opted to head home. When you have no bus and everyone traveling in cars then jumping into your car on a wet miserable day to get out again for a sandwich In a pub up the road doesn't hold much of a draw. We offer hospitality at all our home games and on most occasions the visiting teams pop in for a pie or sandwich and leave fairly quickly. The difference being it's all on site. Sorry if you feel it was a lack of respect and no offence was intended .

Missed out was chicken curry  yday lol

ps the pub has heating 

Archived