Livingston vs Hearts

7 minutes ago, D.A.F.C said:

Livvy reducing small children to tears now. 

It’s not cheating, they’re just better.

Oh ya fucker. :lol::lol::lol:

"Livi aren't a good footballing team"

"The referee's had a holocaust"

"We've been cheated by the referee and linesmen again"

You'd hope his Dad would have a word with him for talking so much shite but given they left 15 minutes early I'm not sure the Dad's much better.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Afro said:

You'd hope his Dad would have a word with him for talking so much shite but given they left 15 minutes early I'm not sure the Dad's much better.

^^^his da

31 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I wasn't sure who our penalty taker was...It seems to have been ages since we had one. Thought Hardie would have taken it and was gobsmacked when Halkett who had just been flattened stepped up. Sums him (and this team) up perfectly, willing to go get hurt and showing serious composure when required. Can any Livi stattos tell me when the last time one of our players was booked for dissent? The discipline in the team has been outstanding for the last few seasons. Robinson might have been recently as he has a tendency to push buttons etc

Prob when Beany and Mullen were still playing for us, those two were right moaners constantly nagging the refs with back chat. I remember Dec getting a 2nd yellow for swearing at the lino for giving a wrong decision in an away game a few years back too, Halkett normally handles Dec really well when tempers are starting to flare though.

22 minutes ago, Afro said:

I assumed his dad was the raging boy next to him. No idea why they think the second goal was offside but that was absolutely fantastic :lol:

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

I'm sure everyone who watched on BT Sport will be shocked by my in depth knowledge of Livingston's home record but they top that particular table with 7 wins from 10 and only 1 defeat.

+15 goal difference at home as well.  Our point there earlier in the season doesn't look so bad now.

I think it was a decent point for both of us, considering Kenny Miller was still our player/manager, both teams have improved a lot since then though.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I'm liking how we're blowing all the pundits perceptions of us out of the water, 'Livi mainly score goals from set pieces'. that's 9 of our 10 goals from our last 3 games scored in open play. 

And the other 1 was from a penalty, not even corner, free kick or throw in.

Big, physical, dirty team.

Steven MacLean hitting the bar with a near open goal at 5-0 down is the funniest thing I've seen this week.

Respect to the Hearts fans who stayed until the end of that, you took your licks like real football fans.

Livi - woof, what can you say? On a mission to usurp Killie as the hipster's équipe de choix. Back-to-back promotions (more than a certain better-funded predecessor could manage) and now this... it defies explanation.

There's not nearly enough Hearts fans losing their shit on this thread. Don't they realise that's what most of us came here to see?

4 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

Which pundits?

Almost all of them, we've been getting it for the last 2 seasons. The likes of Michael Stewart and Sutton started to recognise we had more about us than that in the play offs, but even at the start of this game they (BT pundits) were rolling out the old set piece line, even though we had just scored 5 goals in open play in our last 2 games, and now another 4 tonight.

2 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Almost all of them, we've been getting it for the last 2 seasons. The likes of Michael Stewart and Sutton started to recognise we had more about us than that in the play offs, but even at the start of this game they (BT pundits) were rolling out the old set piece line, even though we had just scored 5 goals in open play in our last 2 games, and now another 4 tonight.

Funny how it coincided with us being televised...it seems with a lot of pundits that if it's not on telly it doesn't count

5 minutes ago, ancientnoise said:

OK. Maybe you're picking up on the negatives. I've found the pundits to be enthusiastic about Livi overall, as they should be.

I'll point you back to this....

9 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We are finally getting the recognition that our performances deserve...even the mentions of the pitch being a leveler have reduced in the last month or so.

1 minute ago, ancientnoise said:

OK. Maybe you're picking up on the negatives. I've found the pundits to be enthusiastic about Livi overall, as they should be.

I think it was after he went to the Hearts v Livi game and then our game against Sevco here the week after he started saying how we've some good technical players too and can get the ball down and pass it about when we want to. Before that the Sportscene trio were a bit dismissive of us and giving it the old 'it'll be a long hard season for Livi' in a little snigger, esp Sutherland.  Stewart and even Thompson are quite fair about us now.

Anyways, I think we'll still surprise them a bit, we've been playing without a recognised striker for the best part of this season, now Hardie is back I think we'll get a few better away results too.

4 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

... now Hardie is back I think we'll get a few better away results too.

The Hearts' defence will be having nightmares about Menga and Hardie after tonight's performance. What a difference it makes having a recognised striker and not having to rely on Menga doing it all. Having Hardie alongside him has allowed Menga to concentrate on the link up play and holding the ball up which is what he does best.

7 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

The Hearts' defence will be having nightmares about Menga and Hardie after tonight's performance. What a difference it makes having a recognised striker and not having to rely on Menga doing it all. Having Hardie alongside him has allowed Menga to concentrate on the link up play and holding the ball up which is what he does best.

Couldn't believe the composure Menga had for his goal, calmly taking the ball along the box till he got an opening for his shot, usually he is a tad erratic, to say the least. I like his unpredictability though, really never sure wtf he's going to do.:lol:.

Archived