Livingston vs Hearts

I'm sure everyone who watched on BT Sport will be shocked by my in depth knowledge of Livingston's home record but they top that particular table with 7 wins from 10 and only 1 defeat.

+15 goal difference at home as well.  Our point there earlier in the season doesn't look so bad now.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

From what I have seen so far this season, Craig Halkett would be a better choice for Scotland than Jack Hendry

I thought he was slightly off the pace in the first half tonight...gave up possession a lot and got caught out a few times(plus the chance he had to score from a yard out)...luckily Decs and Lithgow were alongside him to keep things safe until he came out in the second half and put in a usual Craig Halkett performance. He's been sensational for years now so I can't complain too much about a small dip. Hopefully John Ward can give us a nice Christmas gift and get Craig signed up for at least another year.

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I thought he was slightly off the pace in the first half tonight...gave up possession a lot and got caught out a few times(plus the chance he had to score from a yard out)...luckily Decs and Lithgow were alongside him to keep things safe until he came out in the second half and put in a usual Craig Halkett performance. He's been sensational for years now so I can't complain too much about a small dip. Hopefully John Ward can give us a nice Christmas gift and get Craig signed up for at least another year.

Yep, completely agree with this. Halkett struggled in the first half and was bailed out by Lithgow and Gallagher a few times. Second half he was back to his usual self - outstanding.

Back when Hearts played Motherwell at Fir Park, I commented that I was very disappointed with Hearts and thought they were actually a pretty poor team, even though they were on a run and at the top of the league.

Many Hearts fans responded in disagreement, mixed with a sort of gloating hubris.

Have Hearts fans changed their minds yet?

2 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

Yep, completely agree with this. Halkett struggled in the first half and was bailed out by Lithgow and Gallagher a few times. Second half he was back to his usual self - outstanding.

Cool as f**k with his penalty too, and wasn't far away with a free kick earlier in the game when he curled it over the wall.

1 minute ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Back when Hearts played Motherwell at Fir Park, I commented that I was very disappointed with Hearts and thought they were actually a pretty poor team, even though they were on a run and at the top of the league.

Many Hearts fans responded in disagreement, mixed with a sort of gloating hubris.

Have Hearts fans changed their minds yet?

No really, when we have a full team I think we are a good side.  We have a real lack of attacking depth though and we miss key men more than we should.  

Even though we've beeon a shite run tonight was a bit of a freak, we were awful, Livingston were very good and punished us.

21 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

From what I have seen so far this season, Craig Halkett would be a better choice for Scotland than Jack Hendry

If Stevie G reads my posts on P&B (and I have every reason to think that he does) then Hardie and Halkett will be pulling on Rangers jerseys when we play Cowdenbeath in the SC in mid-January.

Don't think I'll ever see us win a game in the top flight like that again. 5 goals in 15-odd minutes is mind blowing. Should've been three or four nil up at half time, and at that point I was fearing the worst as I didn't expect Hearts to be so bad. First 10 minutes of the second half aside, we carried on from the first half and it was as deserved a win as we've had all season. Also pleasing as f**k to see us absolutely dominate one of the "bigger" teams and play the football which so many of the side are capable of.

When you think that 8 of the starting XI were with us when we won League 1, it puts some true perspective on this season so far. We'll lose the likes of Halkett and Kelly but the players who have stepped in to fill departures, like Lawless and Menga, have performed really well - I think we have a good system in place to replace players, but doesn't mean we shouldn't be drinking in every last performance that we're putting in at the moment.

A magical evening and without doubt one of the best performances I've seen us put in. Menga's goal just sums him, capable of the sublime and stellar but I'm not sure even he knows what he's doing next. A bonafide *** skelper. :wub:

56 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

That seems to be proving the case unfortunately. We were a match for anyone with Uche, Naismith and Souttar in the side. Slick quick passing and very inventive. We've been dreadful since the league cup semi. A real lack of quality and bravery throughout most of the rest of the squad with one or two other exceptions.

Easy to play against us. Just press hard and we will wilt. No bravery to work the ball under pressure - just hoof hoof hoof. Gutless. 

On the one hand i'm trying not to have the knee jerk reaction to such an embarrassment. On the other hand we will have to hit the ground running when the big players return otherwise Levein will be back on a very shoogley peg.  

This. He needs a very strong 2nd half of the season. He will have had 5 years in charge and 2 in complete control. A big squad  - 4th most expensive in the league. And no matter how many injuries we have - 2 or 3  shots on target per game (0 tonight) has been an ongoing problem for 2 months now. And our throw-ins and set pieces - deary me. Do we not work on them through the week ? 

And to think I could have been pissed off from the warmth and comfort of my living room rather than being frozen and pissed off.

17 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Cool as f**k with his penalty too, and wasn't far away with a free kick earlier in the game when he curled it over the wall.

I wasn't sure who our penalty taker was...It seems to have been ages since we had one. Thought Hardie would have taken it and was gobsmacked when Halkett who had just been flattened stepped up. Sums him (and this team) up perfectly, willing to go get hurt and showing serious composure when required. Can any Livi stattos tell me when the last time one of our players was booked for dissent? The discipline in the team has been outstanding for the last few seasons. Robinson might have been recently as he has a tendency to push buttons etc

Archived