Livingston vs Hearts

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

aberdeen.png.af64222e892cd028bcce77224bd07456.png

I don't have any training in art but this seems to be saying ...

Aberdeen's early optimisim was misplaced

Hearts have gone  through an ordeal and survived

Livingston will inevitably melt away into nothingness 

It's not really my place to tell you how to do this but are you quite sure you've picked the right visual metaphor?

36 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I don't have any training in art but this seems to be saying ...

Aberdeen's early optimisim was misplaced

Hearts have gone  through an ordeal and survived

Livingston will inevitably melt away into nothingness 

It's not really my place to tell you how to do this but are you quite sure you've picked the right visual metaphor?

Yeah that's how it should've been spun when the Titanic hit the iceberg. The iceberg was the real loser really, they just never looked at the bigger picture.

5 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

This game has maybe come at the wrong time for us, boys looked dead on their feet after the game last night, some could barely run in the last 10-15 minutes. 

Going to be a tough ask this one. 

Difficult to press teams all season without rotating the squad. Hearts have had that issue with the recent pile of injuries.

The home advantage/pitch may mitigate the tiredness a bit.

I predict long balls from both teams all throught the match. Midfielders will feel like they are painting the ceiling.

On 09/12/2018 at 23:41, Pet Jeden said:

Think Levein's memory is playing tricks on him ! God, what would we do for another Cameron.  A Duracell-powered bundle of energy, getting from box-to-box for the whole 90 minutes.Scoring goals, creating chances, tackling, dribbling, playing one-twos, encouraging, moaning, everything.  Brilliant. I suppose Naismith is similar - but he's only on loan. I still reckon Cameron's injury problems, when Jefferies eventually had to rest him for the last few games of the 87-98 season, cost us the league that year. But resting him did mean we got him back for the cup final......

Probably correct but resting him for eleven years was a bit extreme...

7 hours ago, andylivi1 said:

This game has maybe come at the wrong time for us, boys looked dead on their feet after the game last night, some could barely run in the last 10-15 minutes. 

Going to be a tough ask this one. 

At least Hardie will be fresh, which is why I would've also rested Keaghan, but at least he was taken off quite early in the 2nd half. Reckon Pitts and Byrne will be good to go again though. Robinson getting a run out might see him starting with Hardie up front.

My main concern for us here is what sort of team we’ll see. We’ve rotated to a degree in recent weeks but if we’re to get anything out of this game, we’ll need our strongest XI. Given Lamie will probably be out and Burns is ineligible, I’ve got my doubts about our solidity down the left as the options are either Lawless or Cadden, neither of whom inspire much confidence in me defensively. Bearing that in mind, it’s surely got to be...

Kelly

Gallagher
Halkett
Lithgow

Lawson
Pittman
Byrne
Jacobs
Lawless

Menga
Hardie

We look soft as f**k out wide, and I’d be sorely tempted to get Robinson in there somehow to add a bit of energy into a tired looking midfield.

No qualms about it, anything from this game would probably be our best result of the season to date.

Yep. Excuse my fat fingers. 
But my point stands. Sean Clare had got a lot to do before he should even be mentioned on the same website at Colin Cameron

Probably fair but Clare is looking better with each passing match (admittedly he didn’t start from a high benchmark). Hopefully the trend continues and he’ll be scoring the winner in the Scottish cup final in May.

I'd rather have McMillan than Lawson as a FB, Hearts ripped us down the right hand side at Tynecastle and Dec was struggling so we brought on McMillan, bad enough having our left flank as a weakness without adding the right hand side too. I also fear for us at set pieces, Hearts looked far mpre dangerous than us at them, and we've not been too clever at defending them lately.

Our home form is excellent but the tight schedule throws a googly at us,  a lot rides on our players recovering fully from last night's game and being able to give it 100%. A positive for us is having Hardie back, give him a sniff at goal and he'll score. Menga is a bit headless chicken but he still gives defenders a tough time and would open up space for Hardie. Robinson might be a better option off the bench once Menga tires.

I'd rather have McMillan than Lawson as a FB, Hearts ripped us down the right hand side at Tynecastle and Dec was struggling so we brought on McMillan, bad enough having our left flank as a weakness without adding the right hand side too. I also fear for us at set pieces, Hearts looked far mpre dangerous than us at them, and we've not been too clever at defending them lately.

Our home form is excellent but the tight schedule throws a googly at us,  a lot rides on our players recovering fully from last night's game and being able to give it 100%. A positive for us is having Hardie back, give him a sniff at goal and he'll score. Menga is a bit headless chicken but he still gives defenders a tough time and would open up space for Hardie. Robinson might be a better option off the bench once Menga tires.
Surely the team will be better recovering from that lush grass pitch we had the privilege of playing on last night [emoji23]

Archived