Livingston vs Hearts

Livingston have Aberdeen on Tuesday and Hearts on Friday so may have cemented or sacrificed their top 6 place by the time Hearts arrive in the spiritual home of the roundabout

But With Hearts, Livingston, Hibs and Edinburgh City winning and Edinburgh beating Newcastle Falcons in Rugby’s Champions Cup it’s clear that the Lothians is currently Scotland’s sporting powerhouse so Aberdeen haven’t much chance

Hearts need a win to catch Celtic but would need a 25 goal margin to go top. I may be being negative here but that looks like a big ask.

in the match at Tynecastle Hearts were quite good but came away with a disappointing result

I expect us to reverse that and win despite being a bit shit

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Hearts will have the will to be triumphant in this tie.  My struggle will be wondering if the living space around the grounds will be frosty.  Glistening like crystals in the night.  But if Hearts fail in this struggle then perhaps the long knives will be out for Levein that night.  Either way I’m expecting a real blood and soil tie.      The hearts players loyalty is honour.

I think Hearts will have the will to be triumphant in this tie.  My struggle will be wondering if the living space around the grounds will be frosty.  Glistening like crystals in the night.  But if Hearts fail in this struggle then perhaps the long knives will be out for Levein that night.  Either way I’m expecting a real blood and soil tie.      The hearts players loyalty is honour.

I Sieg what you did there

Really looking forward to this game. A big factor will be how much we have left in the tank after the Aberdeen game. So pleased to have an established striker on the park again (Hamilton will grow into it, too). We’ve conceded a few goals from set pieces/breakaways recently so hopefully we can tighten that up. 

As an aside, seems like nonesense scheduling, again...

onder if we'll stick with a back three again - we did win yesterday, but the system didn't bring Mitchell into the game as much as we'd hope, and Godinho struggled a bit on the right hand side.

Michael Smith was decent in the back three, so the other options to replace Godinho at RWB would be Morrison or Clare, unless Hughes comes in alongside Dikamona and Berra?

I wouldn't expect Djoum or Clare will be as far forward supporting MacLean as they were yesterday.

Tough game, this - Livi will be right up us. 

I thought Hearts looked a lot more threatening from set pieces than we did in the game at Tynecastle, so we def need to get our shit together defending against them in this game.

I'd rather rest Hardie on Tues night and save him for this game, we're more likely to get something at home going by how tough it is picking up points in away games, so makes sense to have him fresh for this game.

Aberdeen on Tuesday first, going to be a tough ask for these lads to play so many games in such a short space of time, especially all these games on plastic. 

3 games in 7 days we played last week on plastic, I’ve no idea how we done it, stiff legs and all that. 

9 hours ago, Lofarl said:

Either way I’m expecting a real blood and soil tie.

No soil, but plenty of lovely pellets!

SPFL making livi play away in Aberdeen on Tuesday then moving this game to Friday for TV is a joke but i am sure the players will enjoy getting a lot of game time. 

Not sure what we will get from Hearts. The look out of sorts just now but have Berra back and look like they are aiming to start shitfesting their way to points until they get some other players back so will be interesting to see how we go up against each other. 

We really need a win in this to get the title challenge back on track

8 hours ago, paranoid android said:

onder if we'll stick with a back three again - we did win yesterday, but the system didn't bring Mitchell into the game as much as we'd hope, and Godinho struggled a bit on the right hand side.

Michael Smith was decent in the back three, so the other options to replace Godinho at RWB would be Morrison or Clare, unless Hughes comes in alongside Dikamona and Berra?

I wouldn't expect Djoum or Clare will be as far forward supporting MacLean as they were yesterday.

Tough game, this - Livi will be right up us. 

Not certain about Morrison's defensive qualities. But absolutely certain that Clare doesn't have the legs or stamina for the wingback role. We really could do with making more use of Mitchell's attacking qualities by playing him further up the pitch either as an orthodox left-midfielder or even as one of a front 3.  Maybe the terms of his loan are dictating that he must be developed as a left back.

30 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Not certain about Morrison's defensive qualities. But absolutely certain that Clare doesn't have the legs or stamina for the wingback role. We really could do with making more use of Mitchell's attacking qualities by playing him further up the pitch either as an orthodox left-midfielder or even as one of a front 3.  Maybe the terms of his loan are dictating that he must be developed as a left back.

I'm sure I read/heard that Clare has played right wing-back before, but this might not be the right time for that - apparently, Levein's been saying that Clare reminds him of Colin Cameron, so he's more likely to continue as an attacking midfielder. 

I've liked Godinho at right back, but he looked a wee bit lost yesterday. 

12 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

I'm sure I read/heard that Clare has played right wing-back before, but this might not be the right time for that - apparently, Levein's been saying that Clare reminds him of Colin Cameron, so he's more likely to continue as an attacking midfielder. 

I've liked Godinho at right back, but he looked a wee bit lost yesterday. 

Think Levein's memory is playing tricks on him ! God, what would we do for another Cameron.  A Duracell-powered bundle of energy, getting from box-to-box for the whole 90 minutes.Scoring goals, creating chances, tackling, dribbling, playing one-twos, encouraging, moaning, everything.  Brilliant. I suppose Naismith is similar - but he's only on loan. I still reckon Cameron's injury problems, when Jefferies eventually had to rest him for the last few games of the 87-98 season, cost us the league that year. But resting him did mean we got him back for the cup final......

11 hours ago, Lofarl said:

giphy.gif

I really hope we beat these bunch of *** sympthaisers. That club deserves the book thrown at them for their horrible behaviour recently. I think hearts should be made to play 3 games at Tynecastle without any home fans.

2-0 to Livi, the MENGABUS and Hardie to get the goals.

Archived