Refreshments

Raydale Grannie

Took in the game at a cold Forthbank today, nothing on offer in the stadium, had to go next door to The Peak to buy a coffee. Is there any other grounds in the LL that the supporter isn't catered for?  I enquired why the university don't have hot drinks available, the chap on the gate reckons its down to the owners of the stadium refusing to let the uni staff the snack bar with volunteers and will only allow a catering company in, to meet Health and Hygiene regulations. Really to dish out a cup of coffee and a warmed up pie. Think the league should make it a rule that something has to be available. 

2 hours ago, Raydale Grannie said:

Took in the game at a cold Forthbank today, nothing on offer in the stadium, had to go next door to The Peak to buy a coffee. Is there any other grounds in the LL that the supporter isn't catered for?  I enquired why the university don't have hot drinks available, the chap on the gate reckons its down to the owners of the stadium refusing to let the uni staff the snack bar with volunteers and will only allow a catering company in, to meet Health and Hygiene regulations. Really to dish out a cup of coffee and a warmed up pie. Think the league should make it a rule that something has to be available. 

Agreed. FWIW, from next season it will be a requirement in the Scottish Women's Premier League to have "Facilities where spectators can get refreshments Tea/coffee etc." Their crowds are similar to the LL.

2 hours ago, Raydale Grannie said:

That’s pretty rare for there not to be refreshments at a LL game, maybe a first as Stirling used it have them when they were at Forthbank previously. 

Mind you I was at Champions League Group game earlier this season when there were none due to a power cut in the Main Stand at Anfield ! 

They'd a tuck-shop stall arrangement, coffee, etc. during previous stint at Forthbank.

Licensing:

Refreshment Facilities: These shall be provided to spectators. In the event of a segregated area being required, it must have exclusive catering facilities and both male and female toilets which may be of temporary nature. The club shall ensure that the refreshment requirements of disabled spectators are catered for.

3 hours ago, Raydale Grannie said:

I was at their Scottish Cup tie earlier in the season and they were selling hot drinks then no pies or that mind you.

Was at a previous Stirling Uni Cup Tie at Fortbbank no pies for sale but only hot drinks for sale tea coffee etc. Why don`t the Uni approach the Albion`s caterers Clark and Drummond to see if they can take over the catering for them. All the facilities are their at Forthbank to use.

On 12/8/2018 at 18:30, Raydale Grannie said:

You are lucky they let you go across to the Peak.  We were told if we went out we were out

Went to a LL game three or so years ago at FB between Stirling Uni and Spartans.

There was coffee there, but all the little plastic containers of milk were ages out of date :green

On a more positive note, my daughter was swimming at the Peak when Falkirk played the Sevcolts in the Challenge Cup this season. The stewards very kindly let me go out the ground at half time and meet her once she'd finished, before we both came back into the game for the second half. So that was appreciated.

Archived