The Outer Worlds [Obsidian]

GiGi

Completed it a few days ago. Was an enjoyable wee time although felt it climaxed a bit early. Interested to see where the DLC goes with it but might wait for the Switch version before I play again.

That’s my only issue; the ending felt sudden, and the fact you can’t continue roaming around after the finale is a bit of a blow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I know everyone's said that this game's pretty short, but I honestly couldn't believe how suddenly it finished. There weren't even 10 main quests on my path, and it may have been because I played it in two chunks (one at the end of December/start of January and over the weekend there) but it seemed to go from 0 to 80 pretty quickly (I never felt it reached a big climax). Ended up doing it in around 18 hours inc maybe around 20 side quests.

It was mostly fun and I was actually pretty involved in the politics of the world for the most part, but the never ending nature of some of the missions really grated.

20 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
51 minutes ago, Mr X said:
I got bored with this on the second or third planet, it was all too samey.
Maybe I'll go back to it now I have some time on my hands

What was it you got bored with?

Mainly the combat, I guess. Everywhere was full of either those dinosaur type things or the bad guys, or both. Possibly didnt help that I kept dying a lot :lol:

Mainly the combat, I guess. Everywhere was full of either those dinosaur type things or the bad guys, or both. Possibly didnt help that I kept dying a lot [emoji38]
That doesn't really change, although robots are introduced! There are other ways to approach combat, I'm sure, but the difficulty doesn't really go beyond chucking more at you as opposed to making you think. The weapons are largely a variation of each other which is also a bit boring.

38 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
1 hour ago, Mr X said:
Mainly the combat, I guess. Everywhere was full of either those dinosaur type things or the bad guys, or both. Possibly didnt help that I kept dying a lot emoji38.png

That doesn't really change, although robots are introduced! There are other ways to approach combat, I'm sure, but the difficulty doesn't really go beyond chucking more at you as opposed to making you think. The weapons are largely a variation of each other which is also a bit boring.

I've come across some robots too.

Thats kind of my problem with the combat. The landscaping also seems to force you into combat a lot of the time. Its not open world enough to be able to sneak around things.