Snake lovers v The Snakeless Morton

16 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I thought a few of these might up their game pre-January and give McKinnon a wee bit of doubt as to whether they should be auto-binned. Ha!

There is now no chance that any of them have any time left to even plant a seed of doubt wrt their suitability for a role (any role) at the club. Just a shame that the names of some of this mob will be remembered longer than some of the half decent players we have had down the years (even when utilised just to make someone shudder).

Don’t lose sight of the fact that today you were playing against the squad that Rat assembled, and at a time when there was a bigger pool of “talent” available. Added to that you are not in cups that Rat can experiment his newly assembled squad out of. 

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any team support bringing a drum to their support deserve fuk all as far as I'm concerned

Horrible horrible horrible game, conditions to some extent can be pinpointed at but the reality is there was zero skill or anything to suggest the phrase the beautiful game, still I would've bit your hand of for a point and tbf it didn't take much biting to get it. 

The standard this season if fukn woeful, found it strange the defensive approach Morton had, we had Mitchell starting after a few wobbles displacing the biggest wobbler(Fasan) and a defence that has been wearing ice skates since July. We were never at the races today bar a rough up spell the start of the 2nd half, Bauben looked short of fitness showing why he wasnt even close to coming on last week, Sammut is never a left mid to be fair to him but he isnt of the standard in a central role, Petra and Rudden fighting for scraps, hoping Petra gets a run at a full back to cross or Robson to attack wide in a similar fashion to cross it, that's us as an attacking unit.

One point today is very much glass half full and a bonus and draws throughout double bonus

That game was eye-bleedingly bad. Particularly the first half when the rain was swirling down. Still, we could and probably should have won it with Paton's header. Considering we were playing a team 1 point outside of the playoffs and didn't lose any ground on Alloa or Partick I think that was a reasonable afternoons work. The January transfer windows cannot come quickly enough 

Awful match and delighted to get home and jump in a shower. Apart from Patons header I can’t think of anything worth speaking about in the match. Fair play to McKinnon we are still clinging on to the teams above us and I’m confident he will get a few in over January to get us off bottom. Huge job ahead but we look at least difficult to break down and that is essential in our state. What happened to Buchanan? Came out of nothing from where I was

Awful match and delighted to get home and jump in a shower. Apart from Patons header I can’t think of anything worth speaking about in the match. Fair play to McKinnon we are still clinging on to the teams above us and I’m confident he will get a few in over January to get us off bottom. Huge job ahead but we look at least difficult to break down and that is essential in our state. What happened to Buchanan? Came out of nothing from where I was
As I said, he tried to block off Mitchell who was running out wto release quickly and fucked his own knee

brutal to watch in brutal weather.

positives were that I didn't have to watch fasan and Mitchell coped with everything thrown at him well enough. Robson was decent again. also one league loss in 7 games and in touch going into January window.

think rudden was poor again today. to be fair to him a lot to ask of a guy of his age to take all the pressure. I'd rather someone more experienced led the line come January.

my last game till end of January now so will be interested to see how that line up comparesto today's one

55 minutes ago, FinniesTON said:

As a Morton fan, our fans lack of patience is genuinely laughable. Came away thinking some of our own fans have serious mental difficulties. Seen the comment “shown nothing to suggest he is a competent football manager”, as inane a comment as I’ve seen. None of the players signed by him, working with what he’s got combined by injuries to key players. A horrific day to play football against a Falkirk team that, to all intensive purposes, the snake has well organised. Some of the things getting shouted by our own fans is cringeworthy. Same fans calling for a young manager “who we would be willing to put up with their mistakes” are now calling for his head.  Almost feel as if some fans are wanting bad results so they can realise their dream of sacking JJ and hiring, who?

Alright dickhead, explain why he's earned patience after months of terrible results.

"intensive purposes"

As a Morton fan, our fans lack of patience is genuinely laughable. Came away thinking some of our own fans have serious mental difficulties. Seen the comment “shown nothing to suggest he is a competent football manager”, as inane a comment as I’ve seen. None of the players signed by him, working with what he’s got combined by injuries to key players. A horrific day to play football against a Falkirk team that, to all intensive purposes, the snake has well organised. Some of the things getting shouted by our own fans is cringeworthy. Same fans calling for a young manager “who we would be willing to put up with their mistakes” are now calling for his head.  Almost feel as if some fans are wanting bad results so they can realise their dream of sacking JJ and hiring, who?

^^^ idiot found

The truly horrific thing about today was the performance that TTGJ mustered - and seemed bizarrely content with - from his side against the worst team in the division. Mustering a first shot on target after 85 minutes is a truly abysmal showing.

The simple fact of the matter is that he is as hopelessly out of his depth as James Grady was in the same dugout. He’s failing with the squad available to him and hasn’t earned the trust to build his own team.

In reality, those who happy-clap utter failure like yourself are the problem within this once-proud fanbase and nobody else. I bet you gormlessly clung onto Jim McInally like a limpet as well.

The club was right to gamble with the choice of manager. It would also be right to cut its losses when the man in question is evidently clueless at his job. It’s really not that difficult to grasp tbh, but here we are.

Well that was awful. I’d be worried if I were a Morton fan and they don’t make any signings as they have been woeful twice we’ve played them now. Morton’s midfield is easily better than ours and yet they did nothing creatively. We’re poor, we’ve known that since August however Morton are dreadful.

You'd be hard pressed to get a footballer out of any of them out there today. Two teams that were probably more interested than their forthcoming Crimbo piss ups than trying to play a game of football. It's bad enough having to watch Falkirk this season, but when you get a team who are as equally rancid, it makes the proposition of a great steaming pile of ironing to be done, look like a decent shout.

25 minutes ago, CC52 FFC said:

Well that was awful. I’d be worried if I were a Morton fan and they don’t make any signings as they have been woeful twice we’ve played them now. Morton’s midfield is easily better than ours and yet the did nothing creatively. We’re poor, we’ve known that since August however Morton are dreadful.

I've made that same summary of about half this league.

We know we are shite and everyone knows how that came about. We've also been clear in our intentions to correct this.

However.....the amount of dross in this league who seem to be plodding along and looking nothing special against our out of their depth players has to be concerning for opponents.

This league is weak as piss.

2 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Tragic stuff. I hate this squad of players. 

Yep, if more than a couple (at most) are still getting a regular start by the time the transfer window closes, we'll know to start planning for Forfar and Stranraer. Probably the most brutal collection of players ever assembled by FFC. 

2 hours ago, ka202 said:

Every game in the championship a draw today (wonder what the odds were) not lost any ground on anyone.

Thinking positively.

I had 5 x £2 fourfolds and a £2 fivefold on all the games being draws, paid £1,887.90.

Pleasing.

Took this game in as I had the offer of a ticket and didn't fancy paying close to £40 to travel in shit weather to watch the Wasps at Partick.

Morton have certainly gone backwards since the start of the season and carried practically no attacking threat (much as they didn't when Alloa beat them 2-0 at Cappielow). They've got enough good players that they should be showing more.

MacKinnon at least has Falkirk competitive. Obviously they lack quality, no one needs reminding of that, but they look reasonably solid.

Archived