Snake lovers v The Snakeless Morton

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

You're unbeaten in four league games, winning two of them. We're winless in four league games and have only scored once in those.

No one said anything about fear, but it's stating the obvious to say that a Morton win would be a bigger surprise than a Falkirk win here.

It’s only obvious to a knicker wetting deafeatist.  Grow a pair.

42 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

You're unbeaten in four league games, winning two of them. We're winless in four league games and have only scored once in those.

No one said anything about fear, but it's stating the obvious to say that a Morton win would be a bigger surprise than a Falkirk win here.

Morton are favoured at the bookies so I look forward to seeing that line move once everyone else catches on to the obvious.

I don’t think any Morton fan is being defeatist. We just know that we haven’t been playing well recently and Falkirk have improved (if not a great deal) from the last time we played them and expect it to be a tough game. I wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t win.

41 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

To whom?

Anyone looking at a form table.

I'll obviously be attending hoping for a win, think that a defeat would be unacceptable and there's no reason we should be shitting it from the team bottom of the league, which is why no one is scared. It's simply a statement of fact that Falkirk are going into the game in better form than Morton.

15 minutes ago, BishopLenBrennan said:

Someone who makes thinly veiled threats upon people's livelihoods anonymously on an internet forum telling someone else to 'grow a pair' :lol::lol::lol:

You don’t think you are getting away with your little  piece of mischief do you coach? 

1 hour ago, Dunning1874 said:

Anyone looking at a form table.

I'll obviously be attending hoping for a win, think that a defeat would be unacceptable and there's no reason we should be shitting it from the team bottom of the league, which is why no one is scared. It's simply a statement of fact that Falkirk are going into the game in better form than Morton.

Morton have collected 9 points on the road to Falkirks 3 home draws.

I'd really stop looking at recent form and listen to what I'm telling you about our home form.

I'd happily play every game away until we sign a few players.

Thankfully when it comes to gauging shiteness there are league tables to guide us. Our one confirms that over the entire season so far we are the Champions at being shite.

Its pretty obvious what Dunning is saying though and I have reached the point where I certainly will be disappointed if we lose. I said before Alloa a draw wasnt a disaster, but after it, it was.

A draw is not a disaster here either as its all about not losing and chipping away with points on the board. I dont think you really can "fancy" us to win, but it would hardly be a big surprise either. Less surprising to me than beating Pars or ICT away despite our away form being slightly better.

Racing into a two goal lead fucked with the heads last week. This has odd goal written all over it which suits us better as it focuses the players on the need still existing to carry a threat. Last week they decided there was no need for that and camped out with inevitable consequences. Better game management... Annoying modern phrase which is annoyingly applicable to us.

A decent team would slaughter our defence, thankfully we don't have that many decent(if any) teams in the league. I would say only QoS have slaughtered our defence, seems strange saying Fasan saved us from a hounding, he also helped them on their way also tho. We have lost 8 goals in our last 3 games, 6 against part time teams, so anyone saying we have tightened up at the back, really need to think again

Most weeks I wouldn't fear the third tier class striker in McHugh but if playing he will be up against a poor third tier level defence if not worserer. We could be doing with a win with Partick playing Alloa but like most weeks I'd bite yer hand off for a point

A decent team would slaughter our defence, thankfully we don't have that many decent(if any) teams in the league. I would say only QoS have slaughtered our defence, seems strange saying Fasan saved us from a hounding, he also helped them on their way also tho. We have lost 8 goals in our last 3 games, 6 against part time teams, so anyone saying we have tightened up at the back, really need to think again
Most weeks I wouldn't fear the third tier class striker in McHugh but if playing he will be up against a poor third tier level defence if not worserer. We could be doing with a win with Partick playing Alloa but like most weeks I'd bite yer hand off for a point

Well you can say that, and someone who believes that it has shored up can say that Ayr and RC managed 2 goals between them to our 1 and our defence was largely comfortable, having required a spectaular finish and a Mitchell calamity to get those two goals. Then you have the Alloa game where individual mistakes crept in to throw away two goals. Now clearly its not any better to lose goals that way, but its not right to suggest our defence is even close to as bad as that Queens game.

You will rightly point out that I am ignoring the Stenny game. Thats because anomalies happen. I wouldnt be ignoring it if what happened there had followed the next week, but instead we got a win away to ICT that no one expected.

In the current system, theres no way you can say our defence isnt more solid and the proof is in the points tally.

On 09/12/2018 at 08:04, Bairnardo said:

I think we can all agree the best thing for this thread would be for Falkirk to be found guilty of tapping up and then handed some utterly inconsequential penalty.

Other than that, football wise, we will sit in, play some semi decent stuff on the break and perhaps grab enough goals to win the game.

We will also absolitely plate up perhaps enough goals to lose or draw the game. So its really the Leo Fasan lottery then. Except if Leo Fasan is on the teamsheet at 1400 I expect someone to have done the needful with a crowbar in the hour before kickoff.

30 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Well you can say that, and someone who believes that it has shored up can say that Ayr and RC managed 2 goals between them to our 1 and our defence was largely comfortable, having required a spectaular finish and a Mitchell calamity to get those two goals. Then you have the Alloa game where individual mistakes crept in to throw away two goals. Now clearly its not any better to lose goals that way, but its not right to suggest our defence is even close to as bad as that Queens game.

You will rightly point out that I am ignoring the Stenny game. Thats because anomalies happen. I wouldnt be ignoring it if what happened there had followed the next week, but instead we got a win away to ICT that no one expected.

In the current system, theres no way you can say our defence isnt more solid and the proof is in the points tally.

Sorry our defence is a shambles, picking and choosing your games is avoiding the point and picking up a win against ICT to balance against two poor goals lost and many, like every week crosses into the box(I mean 6 yard box) that arent put away due to many of the teams not having the killer touch. One team might take advantage and cash in on our poor defence until we get improvements in but sorry we are still all over the place, Saturday really shown nothing has changed, I doubt anyone really thought we werent gonna at least concede one or more and for sure did the one part and carried luck not more than one

Archived