Snake lovers v The Snakeless Morton

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, madton said:

We could really do with a 12 point lead over them as come Jan and The Snake brings in the superstars, fully expect them to win 18 on the bounce and reach the playoffs!

Are we getting 37 league games this season ?

No Fasan please, no Muirhead centre mid and we will see how we go. We could be doing with a win here to drag Morton close by, reality is I don't expect us to win and like most game till January, I'd be content with a point.

Mitchell in goals, Kidd, Robson wing backs, any 3 of Muirhead, Harrison, Brough and McGhee(they are all as bad as each other)

Midfield Paton Bauben McKee

Rudden and Petra

I expect Sammut or Irving tho to take the McKee place tho

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

Are we getting 37 league games this season ?

No Fasan please, no Muirhead centre mid and we will see how we go. We could be doing with a win here to drag Morton close by, reality is I don't expect us to win and like most game till January, I'd be content with a point.

Mitchell in goals, Kidd, Robson wing backs, any 3 of Muirhead, Harrison, Brough and McGhee(they are all as bad as each other)

Midfield Paton Bauben McKee

Rudden and Petra

I expect Sammut or Irving tho to take the McKee place tho

I've been quite pleased with Harrison in recent games, however he was caught wrong side of his man twice on Saturday and was fortunate both times that the attacker didn't go down as his physical attempts to make amends could easily have resulted in penalties. 

Having said that, I think I would stick with the McGhee, Harrison, Brough trio at the back.

I've been quite pleased with Harrison in recent games, however he was caught wrong side of his man twice on Saturday and was fortunate both times that the attacker didn't go down as his physical attempts to make amends could easily have resulted in penalties. 
Having said that, I think I would stick with the McGhee, Harrison, Brough trio at the back.
Yeah me too. I dont believe Morton are blessed with a lot of pace up top? Certainly we know Sir Bob of McHugh isnt exactly rapid.

Brough got rolled painfully easily on one or two occassions too on Saturday.

We know we will do the whole sit in thimg on Saturday, I just hope Ray thinks to cover what there had clearly been no need to cover before.... How to manage a game with a comfortable lead.

Theres sitting in, then theres that ridiculous secind half on Saturday. That cant happen again otherwise we lose all the points.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah me too. I dont believe Morton are blessed with a lot of pace up top? Certainly we know Sir Bob of McHugh isnt exactly rapid.

Big Thommo is lightening so he is!

Bob does seem as fit as he has ever been for us, had an op in the Summer to clear a niggling injury up and has looked quite sharp of late. 

Big Thommo is lightening so he is!
Bob does seem as fit as he has ever been for us, had an op in the Summer to clear a niggling injury up and has looked quite sharp of late. 
Yeah but he isnt fast as in, in a footrace. Thats where we struggle in the centre of the defence.

As I said earlier, we absolutely will sit in. Its not up for debate. We just need to learn quickly that sitting in and absolutely camping out inviting wave after wave isnt exactly the same thing.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah but he isnt fast as in, in a footrace. Thats where we struggle in the centre of the defence.

As I said earlier, we absolutely will sit in. Its not up for debate. We just need to learn quickly that sitting in and absolutely camping out inviting wave after wave isnt exactly the same thing.

Ross Maclean is very quick, he may start as part of a front 3. 

It'd be no surprise if we lose this really. While the second half was an improvement on Saturday, had Dundee United not tried to sit on their lead we might have been finished off; after Saturday Falkirk probably won't have any illusions about being good enough defensively to see a game out and will just go for the jugular rather than defending what they have in the event they go ahead.

I've still not got much confidence in us coping with going behind after the number of capitulations we've seen already this season, so getting the first goal here is more crucial than ever. We really can't afford to lose this and get dragged into the relegation battle, but with recent form Falkirk go into it as clear favourites.

2 hours ago, Dunning1874 said:

It'd be no surprise if we lose this really.

Falkirk go into it as clear favourites.

We haven't won a home league match since April and that was a glorified friendly.

We are bottom of the table having gave away a 2 goal lead at home to Alloa.

We are clearly more comfortable playing away from home and are better set up to do so.

If you fear playing us you really should just drop down to the seaside league now.

2 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Since this clearly won't be settled over a good game of football on Saturday, we should have a full scale rammy round the back of Pennies at half 5. 

Last team standing wins, loser to be crowned a permanent diddy team. Sound fair to everyone?

Will the Grahamston ceilidh dancers be there?

37 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

We haven't won a home league match since April and that was a glorified friendly.

We are clearly more comfortable playing away from home and are better set up to do so.

If you fear playing us you really should just drop down to the seaside league now.

No one mentioned fear but that doesn't take away from the fact that we are not playing that well and you have improved so a home win isn't exactly mission impossible!

You are ahead of us in the form table ( over 6 and 10 games)  too so 2/1 is a big price for a home win. ( Fully expect that to come in)

Plus it fecking Morton, we love giving teams a result when they least expect it- Alloa ad Dunfermline in the last few weeks for example!

34 minutes ago, madton said:

No one mentioned fear but that doesn't take away from the fact that we are not playing that well and you have improved so a home win isn't exactly mission impossible!

You are ahead of us in the form table ( over 6 and 10 games)  too so 2/1 is a big price for a home win. ( Fully expect that to come in)

Plus it fecking Morton, we love giving teams a result when they least expect it- Alloa ad Dunfermline in the last few weeks for example!

I didn't even mention Morton are 1 point from the playoff spot and 9 points ahead of us.

Our form as you point out is mostly away form. 9 of our 12 points have come away.

3 home draws all season seems to have you rather nervous.

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

You're unbeaten in four league games, winning two of them. We're winless in four league games and have only scored once in those.

No one said anything about fear, but it's stating the obvious to say that a Morton win would be a bigger surprise than a Falkirk win here.

Archived