Surely some interest in this? Two new managers; bottom of the table tussle but (Arbroath aside) with the rest of the league being so tight, we are only five points off a playoff place at the right end of the table. Three tomorrow would get us right back in the mix

Stenny bringing a few through? Do you expect much of a change of system (and/or personnel?) And most importantly, do I bring the weans? Both still to see a Brechin victory....

Well that was dire today bit of a dodgy one for the pen from where I was standing it looked like he won the ball can't blame the ref though for our poor performance overall.Big clear out needed in January.We need to winning games like this or we will find ourselves bottom of the league soon at the moment I can't see where the next win is gonna come from[emoji852]

2 hours ago, Ayrshire-SFC said:

How did we look today?

Slightly the better of two poor teams. I thought Stenny knocked it around nicely on occasions but for the most part they matched us for mediocrity. I liked the look of either Paton or Ross, can't remember which one was driving thru the middle all the time. Both goals seemed a bit puzzling tho might have just been the angles I had - the pen seemed like no real danger and was maybe just a rash challenge; the second, could have been a brilliant, pinpoint ball across the box but I had the impression that both Brennan and whoever the defender was just abdicated responsibility / left it to each other? Maybe someone who wasn't behind the goal can clarify. No lack of effort for us and I genuinely thought we could go on and win it in the 2nd - but there were too many misplaced passes or just aimless hoofs into channels. Admittedly we have a couple missing and others playing out of position as a result but still less than the sum of our parts when you consider we have the likes of Jackson and tapping on the pitch. Spark normally gives me the fear but I thought he did well today. Still no win for the weans (in his 3rd season now in the case of the elder one)

Slightly the better of two poor teams. I thought Stenny knocked it around nicely on occasions but for the most part they matched us for mediocrity. I liked the look of either Paton or Ross, can't remember which one was driving thru the middle all the time. Both goals seemed a bit puzzling tho might have just been the angles I had - the pen seemed like no real danger and was maybe just a rash challenge; the second, could have been a brilliant, pinpoint ball across the box but I had the impression that both Brennan and whoever the defender was just abdicated responsibility / left it to each other? Maybe someone who wasn't behind the goal can clarify. No lack of effort for us and I genuinely thought we could go on and win it in the 2nd - but there were too many misplaced passes or just aimless hoofs into channels. Admittedly we have a couple missing and others playing out of position as a result but still less than the sum of our parts when you consider we have the likes of Jackson and tapping on the pitch. Spark normally gives me the fear but I thought he did well today. Still no win for the weans (in his 3rd season now in the case of the elder one)

Cheers mate, seems a good description. Sadly couldn’t make it to the game. All the best for the season, except against us haha

On 12/10/2018 at 15:34, Francesc Fabregas said:

Rotten defending from the home side for both Stenhousemuir goals. It didn't look like much of a match but the three points was the most important thing in the circumstances.

Correct although I still have my doubts about the penalty decision. The Brechin highlights are a bit clearer and it does look as if Tapping wins the ball quite cleanly. 

Also with our goal which was chalked off, it  looks as if Burns was on side , much like Laugherty's one on Sunday .  The officials were awful most of the match so it's no shock that they possibly got these important decisions wrong. 

It’s called a stonewall penalty. And the camera angle is hardly perfect to determine whether it was offside or not. In fact it’s impossible, but if it makes you feel better then you can call it onside. Linesman looked to be in a good position though. What did he think?

But if you want to gripe, what about the throw in that lead to the winner. Think officials have given up on foul throws these days.

2 hours ago, beaver1 said:

It’s called a stonewall penalty. And the camera angle is hardly perfect to determine whether it was offside or not. In fact it’s impossible, but if it makes you feel better then you can call it onside. Linesman looked to be in a good position though. What did he think?

But if you want to gripe, what about the throw in that lead to the winner. Think officials have given up on foul throws these days.

I did see that foul throw right enough but as you say no one seems to give a f**k about them now.   

We were up that hedge side in the first half and could see that Burns came from behind the defender when the ball was played.  It was actually the ref who called it before the lino got his flag up. 

The penalty was of the very soft variety but it was given and the ref will never be questioned over it as the rules are open to their own interpretation . 

Also forgot to mention Buzz conning the ref  to get Tapping booked late on .   Rolling about like a sniper had shot him then as soon as Tapping was booked he was up . Tapping actually jumped over him and no contact was made. 

Archived