Women's World Cup 2019... featuring Scotland.

Bully Wee Villa

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was planning on taking in a few matches with the missus (from New Zealand) her pal (an Aussie who lives in Sweden). The idea was to try and see all four teams over the course of a week with as little as travel as possible. It's murder trying to figure out what matches to go for with these parameters. Probably gonna end up watching South Africa v China and coming home.

6 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Was planning on taking in a few matches with the missus (from New Zealand) her pal (an Aussie who lives in Sweden). The idea was to try and see all four teams over the course of a week with as little as travel as possible. It's murder trying to figure out what matches to go for with these parameters. Probably gonna end up watching South Africa v China and coming home.

I'd suggest Scotland-England in Nice on the 9th, Australia-Brazil in Montpellier on the 13th, Canada-New Zealand in Grenoble on the 15th and Sweden-Thailand in Nice on the 16th. Sunday to Sunday, all southern venues and two of the higher profile group matches.

• 2 months later...
Our first two opponents met yesterday with England winning 3-0 at a canter.  Have Japan regressed or are the English now at another level?
I watched the game, I don't know how representative it was of Japan's level but if it was, I'd say both. England are genuine World Cup contenders, we'll need a miracle to get anything at all from them. Japan are much better than us but looked potentially gettable.

The vital thing is beating Argentina. With the four best third-place teams going through, that could be enough. If we could sneak a point in either of the other games it would be very unlikely that we would get knocked out. 

Archived