Women's World Cup 2019... featuring Scotland.

Bully Wee Villa

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Why couldn't we have been in that w**k Group E? :(

Would rather have had Scotland than New Zealand from the 3rd pot but overall I am very happy with the draw, Netherlands were probably the weakest of the second seeds while Cameroon are not very strong at the women's level.  New Zealand could be a bit tricky but Canada should be able to qualify comfortably.  

Tough draw for Scotland, Japan were the team from pot 2 that you wanted to avoid while Argentina are probably the strongest from Pot 4.

slightly disappointing, since either us or Italy had to be in group C, which I think would have been easier, and we would have avoided all European sides, which would be a bit more fun. England, will be tough, but I certainly don't think it will be a repeat of the Euros, unless our squad gets plagued with injuries.  Japan will be pretty tough and I know nothing about Argentina, perhaps not the weakest side in pot 4 though. We can definitely qualify. and we are playing in Nice and Paris which are pretty good locations for supporters, I think.

8 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

At least we have Argentina last so might be the case that we know what we have to do to go through. Predict we finish as fifth best third place team and miss out on goal difference. That would be the most Scottish way to do it. 

I think the third placed teams in Group F (with USA and Sweden) and Group B (with Germany and Spain) might struggle too.

After getting England, we got the highest-ranked team we could get from Pot 2, and the highest-ranked team in Pot 4. 

Fix.

England (except for France) are the best draw we could have got from pot 1. Plus the rivalry will likely be an equaliser. Japan is a nightmare. Only the Dutch would be worse. Argentina are very beatable. The key there was to avoid Nigeria. We can get out of this group.

8 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Can anyone find the day and times of Scotland's matches? 

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

England in Nice on Sunday 9 June, 5pm

Japan in Rennes on Friday 14 June, 2pm

Argentina in Paris on Wednesday 19 June, 8pm.

Group runner up plays in Rennes.

This is a really bad draw.

We’ve decided, well Mrs Mantis has decided, we’re missing the England game. Looking at the positives: we’re expecting a grandchild a few days before so should make that; don’t have to trek to Rennes from Nice; will make the men’s game at Hampden on the 8th; slight possibility of hanging on for a last 16 game at Le Havre on the 23rd.

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

We’ve decided, well Mrs Mantis has decided, we’re missing the England game. Looking at the positives: we’re expecting a grandchild a few days before so should make that; don’t have to trek to Rennes from Nice; will make the men’s game at Hampden on the 8th; slight possibility of hanging on for a last 16 game at Le Havre on the 23rd.

My 14yo might have a big event that weekend, and we're already planning on taking the kids out of school, so we might skip it too. The missus (bless her) has said I could fly down myself, then meet them later in Brittany. I was really pissed off having to miss the Euros so I might take her up on that.

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

I imagine that’ll be French time.

It's 3pm French time. The times I gave are all BST.

It's a stupid kick off time, there are three games on the Friday which is why it's early, but there are only two games on each of the Saturday and Sunday. It would obviously be better to have a three-match day at the weekend.

Archived