A 2nd EU referendum

Adamski

A 2nd EU referendum  

132 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So the government are not willing to show their hand and are perfectly happy to walk away with no deal.
"No deal is better than a bad deal"!

However while they are not willing to tell the EU, they are willing to tell me.
Apparently "no deal" is unlikely!

No deal.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

There is a box to check for that when setting up a poll. Adamski may have thought some would be reluctant to reveal themselves as Leave voters.

Aye, basically this. More chance of it giving a true reflection of people's views if they can click on the poll without being challenged on their selection.

"No deal is better than a bad deal" is vacuous pish - typical of what May and her colleagues have come out with over the last 2+ years. She's telling us this thing she has negotiated is the best the UK can get but it is going to be leathered on Tuesday. I'd love her to define what she sees as a bad deal - you know, one that would make No Deal preferable. 

Full. Of. Shite. 

This does show how unrepresentative of the general population the P&B politics section is and why it can seem like an echo chamber in here sometimes.

Even in Scotland, the leave vote was about 40%. If you don't actually have a conversation with the 40% and simply call them morons for daring to have a different opinion to you then you shut down the debate and convince yourself that remain has a larger support than is the reality.

I voted leave last time because I would ultimately prefer an independent Scotland outside of the EU with it's own currency but with a large degree of freedom of movement. Much like Norway.

I would probably vote remain next time because I simply don't see my preference being an option on the table. 

30 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

This does show how unrepresentative of the general population the P&B politics section is and why it can seem like an echo chamber in here sometimes.

Even in Scotland, the leave vote was about 40%. If you don't actually have a conversation with the 40% and simply call them morons for daring to have a different opinion to you then you shut down the debate and convince yourself that remain has a larger support than is the reality.

I voted leave last time because I would ultimately prefer an independent Scotland outside of the EU with it's own currency but with a large degree of freedom of movement. Much like Norway.

I would probably vote remain next time because I simply don't see my preference being an option on the table. 

Your political insight is unfathomable.

1 hour ago, HTG said:

"No deal is better than a bad deal" is vacuous pish - typical of what May and her colleagues have come out with over the last 2+ years. She's telling us this thing she has negotiated is the best the UK can get but it is going to be leathered on Tuesday. I'd love her to define what she sees as a bad deal - you know, one that would make No Deal preferable. 

Full. Of. Shite. 

Yup.  Leave is a busted flush, whichever way you dress it.  I don't know how you'd dress a flush - maybe with some nice paint? - but still.  May's deal is catastrophic and No Deal is even more retrograde.

The Lib Dems have Lib Dem'd it - put in an amendment o the withdrawal bill for a people's vote, which probably wont get support from enough Labour MPs and could kill the idea stone dead. 

Honestly, why wont the Lib Dems just f**k off?

51 minutes ago, Consolidate said:

Voted remain last time, would vote spoil next time.

Referendums are the easy way out for craven politicians. We shouldn't indulge them.

Unless you live near your polling station, that seems a tremendous waste of time. Would you not be as well just no showing?

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It’s the will of the people*

*Conditions apply. Some peoples' will is more important than others may not be actual human people, see OF* supporters.

FTFY

1 hour ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Just had to put down the phone, get my lazy arse upstairs to the office and log on to the desktop site to vote. 

Is this:

1. A PTTGOMN, or

2. A First World Problem?

Could somebody set up a poll, please?

Is your inbox full WRK? Just tried to send you a PM...

3 hours ago, Kyle said:

If I was  Brexiteer I'd be advocating a no deal over the half baked pish May has come back with. I don't agree with them but I can see why they think this deal is a 'betrayal'. 

May’s proposal is absolutely awful; just terrible.  However it’s better than No Deal.  Hopefully the overwhelming majority of people will realise these are not the only two options.

Just now, Granny Danger said:

May’s proposal is absolutely awful; just terrible.  However it’s better than No Deal.  Hopefully the overwhelming majority of people will realise these are not the only two options.

I agree completely but I think we're of a similar mind. If you are a Brexit voter and you look at what May's deal locks us into, I reckon you'd be naturally very angry. I'd rather we remain or go for as soft a brexit as possible but plenty out there want a clean break and May hasn't delivered that or a soft brexit.

31 minutes ago, Kyle said:

I agree completely but I think we're of a similar mind. If you are a Brexit voter and you look at what May's deal locks us into, I reckon you'd be naturally very angry. I'd rather we remain or go for as soft a brexit as possible but plenty out there want a clean break and May hasn't delivered that or a soft brexit.

Totally agree, but unless you are a Mogg or Johnson who will make money from a No Deal Brexit then you would be crazy to vote for it.  Nonetheless I get your point about folkdoing it through frustration but it will be self harming.

FWIW it’s the one result I do not think will happen.

Archived