Livingston v St Mirren

First half was all possession and nowt in the final third, thank feck we came out in the 2nd half and raised our game, what a difference!!

Really couldn't see where a goal was coming from, then we came out and started having shots at their goal, mainly Pittman the hitman, who was involved in all 3 goals, scoring the first and his rebounds being knocked in for our 2nd and 3rd. Really pleased that Hardie and Sibbald scored too, it'll do both of them the world of good after being injured. Esp Hardie, exactly what we've been missing, a goal poacher/predator. Must have been said to Pitts I think, shoot and Hardie will pick up anything that doesn't go in first time. Feck it's good to have him back playing.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Delighted for Pittman getting the man of the match.  I was always confident we would turn it around in the second half.  I just wish more people would turn up to watch this very hardworking, honest team.

Why would they? A plastic team on a plastic pitch. Punching way above their weight, just like Gretna did. Enjoy it while you can, you know another admin is just around the corner. Why do Livingston have a 10000 seater stadium? Arguably the most successful incarnation to play in Livingston and yet only a few hundred locals turn up each week. It won’t end well

4 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Why would they? A plastic team on a plastic pitch. Punching way above their weight, just like Gretna did. Enjoy it while you can, you know another admin is just around the corner. Why do Livingston have a 10000 seater stadium? Arguably the most successful incarnation to play in Livingston and yet only a few hundred locals turn up each week. It won’t end well

Dry your eyes, your team were an embarrassment.

Jealousy is a terrible thing, grow up.

Best we've been run ever, and the rewards for our owner and back room staff have been back to back promotions and a group of players that will run through walls for each other, I def will enjoy it while it lasts, but not for the ill informed nonsense in your post, our rise has to plateau at some point, but we're being run well and will cope with it.

19 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

16244AB7-F959-491A-890E-7A438714BBBA.gif.1893992c0b071650bfb738b82b00699e.gif

What a poor effort.

"plastic", "admin", "Gretna", "it won't end well"... Is that it? Did you not think to say: "fake", "franchise", "diddy", "cheats", "criminals"? I mean you didn't even mention the fact that we have no history for God's sake!

If you're going to let us down by being so dull and unoriginal in your criticism then at least make you get ALL the clichés in.

Oh ya fucker. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope for your sake you’ve put the bottle away and hit the hay.

2 hours ago, CambieBud said:

Fantastic :lol::lol::lol:

12 hours ago, CambieBud said:

Delete your account 

14 hours ago, CambieBud said:

Why do Livingston have a 10000 seater stadium?

Because previously it was a requirement to get into the top league; most informed Scottish football fans are aware of this. My understanding is that it’s actually a bit of a financial burden when we aren’t in the Prem.

There are plenty of reasons that people living in Livi don’t support the team but, sadly, none will bring back the three points for your team :(

4 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

^^^^^^Trying too hard to be as cringy as virgin tonemoji849.png

When did St Mirren fans turn into big greeting wains? :D About the time they finally realised they're worse than us and have been since February :whistle

7 hours ago, ATLIS said:

When did St Mirren fans turn into big greeting wains? :D About the time they finally realised they're worse than us and have been since February :whistle

It's tough to go from skooshing a league to being utterly abject, tbf, and it's bringing out the worst in some people.

The fact is, in worrying the top half of the top flight, you're doing something we've not managed for 35 years. Even when we've assembled great squads (2011-13 ish) we've been firmly bottom half.

The thing is, all the stuff I want to trot out, such "Ross got us promoted sooner than we deserved", etc, is completely undermined by what Livi are doing. Your arc, from L1 to above Aberdeen, Hibs and Motherwell, in the space of two years, is fucking incredible.

Maybe it'll be short-lived, maybe it won't, but at least you seem to be staying sensible. Those average wage stats show you're not paying silly money or anything.

Not even sure what my point is here, tbh. Either way, there's no real excuse for all the heads gone anyway. 

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

It's tough to go from skooshing a league to being utterly abject, tbf, and it's bringing out the worst in some people.

The fact is, in worrying the top half of the top flight, you're doing something we've not managed for 35 years. Even when we've assembled great squads (2011-13 ish) we've been firmly bottom half.

The thing is, all the stuff I want to trot out, such "Ross got us promoted sooner than we deserved", etc, is completely undermined by what Livi are doing. Your arc, from L1 to above Aberdeen, Hibs and Motherwell, in the space of two years, is fucking incredible.

Maybe it'll be short-lived, maybe it won't, but at least you seem to be staying sensible. Those average wage stats show you're not paying silly money or anything.

Not even sure what my point is here, tbh. Either way, there's no real excuse for all the heads gone anyway. 

Excellent post. 

I said further up St Mirren had a squad that was capable of holding their own in the top flight with some quality added to it, they played some excellent football last year all be it against poorer sides but romped the league with ease. 

Instead of building on that, the squad that done so well and connected with the club and fan base was dismantled and replaced by diddies from down south with no knowledge of Scottish football. 

Us on the other hand, had momentum, a togetherness that I’ve never seen at the club in a long long time, and despite losing the hero that is David Hopkin we kept almost the whole squad together, playing the same style but with added quality. 

Its been some ride for us, whether it lasts a season or a couple seasons in the top league, I’m just delighted to be here, I didn’t know if we’d be a full time club 2 seasons ago, never mind competing with the elite in this country and more than holding our own with a budget lower than most of the championship. 

Just hope the fairytale keeps going for a while longer yet. 

As for St Mirren, January is a massive month, it’s not easy to do business but you seen what sort of turn around can be achieved with a squad of hungry players. 

It's hard to look at Livingston for us. We had a good squad last year and won the league as straightforward as I ever remember us doing. After the hellish previous years where we struggled to adapt back to lower league it was terrific. A hardworking squad, good competition, well structured and a good blend of experience and youth.   

Losing the management team was a blow as they were obviously talented. It probably dragged on a bit too long with Ipswich and then Sunderland but we still had plenty time. The squad needed a bit of work, but Stubbs was a disaster, we signed the wrong players and didn't fill obvious gaps. Hammill, who is creating most of our goals, is a Kearney signing post window closing which says it all. 

The fact is the current squad is embarrassing and would be lucky to get the playoffs in the Championship. The fact Ryan Edwards is a footballer says it all. 

Fair play to Livingston, as they showed other Championship teams how to do it, they've shown us up in the Premiership. 

We're are a total shambles at the min and  just need to accept it and live in the hope it'll get better I've fully accepted we'll probably be going down this year there wont be any miracle work like the season Ross saved us from going down.  But some of the saints fans on here are just embarrassing themselves with posts.  Livi have been absolutely fantastic this year and deserve all the plaudits they are getting.  We've went from a well oiled machine to a weekly car crash.  I do hope OK can do something in Jan but i fear it will be too late to salvage anything too many wage thieves kicking about our club at the min.  Anyway i'll still be there most weeks to witness the self destruction in the meantime lol

Archived