Livingston v St Mirren

On 07/12/2018 at 14:41, Bobby_F said:

Even without the loss of Magennis, which is a crushing blow, I think we'd struggle to take anything from this.

Hearts and Hibs play a different game to Accies and Livi.

Not making a judgement on either, but clearly the current Saints team is able to compete better with teams that play the first way than the second.

Our defence is also not great when balls are flung in to the box, and I just cannot see us not conceding a couple from corners, freekicks or throw ins.

After Saturday's game the Well manager said "We've been practising defending corners and throw ins all week, so I'm very disappointed."

He missed the point - how Livvy play will surprise nobody, countering it though - as evidenced by league position - is another matter altogether.

I do think we'll sneak a goal though, so Livvy 3 Saints 1.

Damn!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Just got around to watching the highlights.

I think if Samson had put in that performance he'd have been absolutely pilloried for it.

Going by the highlights though, we had nothing going forward and defended poorly.

Awful.

First half we were the same, lots of possession but not much effort on goal, looked pretty comfortable till we conceded from a free kick. Neither team was great first half though.

On ‎08‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 22:46, CambieBud said:

Why would they? A plastic team on a plastic pitch. Punching way above their weight, just like Gretna did. Enjoy it while you can, you know another admin is just around the corner. Why do Livingston have a 10000 seater stadium? Arguably the most successful incarnation to play in Livingston and yet only a few hundred locals turn up each week. It won’t end well

Totally agree and it looks like you've rattled a few cages.

That's cos they know its the truth.

13 minutes ago, Iabella Duke said:

Totally agree and it looks like you've rattled a few cages.

That's cos they know its the truth.

Water off a duck's back. We've heard it all before hunners of times. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Iabella Duke said:

Looks like I've rattled a couple of plastic cages now as well!

I’d prefer if you used the term ‘vari kennel’...

But, if I can be serious for just one moment, I’m keen to know whether you think it’s acceptable for people to support a team based on that of a family member preference/place of birth as opposed to place of residence? I think this question is relevant when discussing Livi attendances. 

14 hours ago, crispy said:

I’d prefer if you used the term ‘vari kennel’...

But, if I can be serious for just one moment, I’m keen to know whether you think it’s acceptable for people to support a team based on that of a family member preference/place of birth as opposed to place of residence? I think this question is relevant when discussing Livi attendances. 

People can choose to support whoever they want for whatever reason they want.

Even if that club is a plastic club!

On 12/12/2018 at 10:48, Iabella Duke said:

People can choose to support whoever they want for whatever reason they want.

Even if that club is a plastic club!

I think that's an interesting view. I know some people who would insist that the family team is followed. Since most families are either one generation out of Glasgow (mostly) or Edinburgh then children born into Livingston tend to inherit a team.

When people criticise the Livi support I'm not sure who the criticism is directed at - the people that do to watch them (what else can they do?) or the people who live in West Lothian and are not going to watch Livi (either abandon 'their' team or become a football fan)?

On 13/12/2018 at 12:06, crispy said:

I think that's an interesting view. I know some people who would insist that the family team is followed. Since most families are either one generation out of Glasgow (mostly) or Edinburgh then children born into Livingston tend to inherit a team.

When people criticise the Livi support I'm not sure who the criticism is directed at - the people that do to watch them (what else can they do?) or the people who live in West Lothian and are not going to watch Livi (either abandon 'their' team or become a football fan)?

Valiant effort Crispy....but I fear trying to debate reasonably with a troll is a waste of your valuable time. The passtime of abusing fans that support their local team, albeit in small numbers, is something I will never understand.

3 hours ago, Snooky said:

Valiant effort Crispy....but I fear trying to debate reasonably with a troll is a waste of your valuable time. The passtime of abusing fans that support their local team, albeit in small numbers, is something I will never understand.

In truth I see no reason why it will change for the next few generations at least. People no longer live in the town/city of birth but understanly retain ties and this is often followed. I was mocked at high school for supporting Livi and now, many years on, I still would be. 

1 hour ago, crispy said:

In truth I see no reason why it will change for the next few generations at least. People no longer live in the town/city of birth but understanly retain ties and this is often followed. I was mocked at high school for supporting Livi and now, many years on, I still would be. 

My mate used to tell his son it was character building for him supporting Livi through his school years.:lol: To his credit he stuck with it and still supports Livi.

4 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

My mate used to tell his son it was character building for him supporting Livi through his school years.:lol: To his credit he stuck with it and still supports Livi.

It is character building. 

There were a lot of kids when I started high school who supported St Mirren. Significantly less so when I left. A lot of them just couldn't handle getting ribbed and decided to jump ship. 

Archived