Livingston v St Mirren

Can't see a thread for this one yet.

Adam Hammill to outdo himself again? Overhead kick from his own half maybe?

Not sure how to feel about this one. We're a much better team at home than away so would be gutted if we lost it but St Mirren are a bit unpredictable form-wise.

Kelly

Gallagher  -  Halkett  -  Lithgow

Lawless  -  Jacobs  -  Pittman  -  Byrne  -  Lamie

Menga  -  Hamilton

Not sure if Hardie is ready to start games, would like to see Hamilton start again but think Menga and Hardie could do some damage if they're playing together.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, LiviLion said:

Kelly

Menga  -  Hamilton

Not sure if Hardie is ready to start games, would like to see Hamilton start again but think Menga and Hardie could do some damage if they're playing together.

Was thinking of exactly this team selection aswell. I don’t see why we can’t have a front two: Pittman provides that midfield link so I think we can go two up top.

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Just fucking win Livi

Haha! 

8 hours ago, LiviLion said:

Can't see a thread for this one yet.

Adam Hammill to outdo himself again? Overhead kick from his own half maybe?

Not sure how to feel about this one. We're a much better team at home than away so would be gutted if we lost it but St Mirren are a bit unpredictable form-wise.

Kelly

Menga  -  Hamilton

I'd be inclined to try Hamilton and Hardie. Young Jack plays similar to  Lee Millar so could work like the partnership last season. It all depends on how fit Hardie is...last thing we want to do is rush him back and lose him again. Lawless seems to fade in and out of form...has been immense at times and completely anonymous at others so hoping he can up his game here. Gonna plump for the Lions to bounce back though....2-0 and the pitch is to blame.

Tough one to predict given Saints have taken four points off the Edinburgh clubs in recent weeks but also contrived to take a total horsing off Accies.

A scoreline similar to the previous meeting between the clubs at the Macarena would be most welcome.

We have a better record at Livi, they have only lost to StJ at home this season though(?).

We know how tough its going to be, more than most in the league.

Another point wouldn't be the worst but with Dundee playing Rangers we have a possible chance to extend the gap again.

Tough game. Depends on which St Mirren team turns up - the one that played well against Celtic, Sevco, Hearts, Hibs, Killie or the one that was totally shit against Motherwell, the Fakes and Accies? Mullan and Magennis will be out but Jackson will be back. There may be a surprise if Cody is fit as he is the only striker we have taller that 5ft 6inches. Magennis is a blow as we only have a couple of decent midfielders in our squad meaning at least one other midfielder will be playing just to make up the numbers. And will Anton play on plastic? All to be revealed. Just want to be in the mix until we can re-shape in January and hopefully replace more of Stubbs squad.

An excellent, in-form Saints side took an absolute hounding here earlier in the year. I'm not convinced we are better than the team that won the league, but Livi have clearly taken great strides after finishing second. It's an incredible story; full credit to them.

We had been terrible on the road until the Hibs game. I'd be very happy with a draw here but can't see us getting one, especially not with our injury issues and arguably our best player, Magennis, out.

2-0.

Even without the loss of Magennis, which is a crushing blow, I think we'd struggle to take anything from this.

Hearts and Hibs play a different game to Accies and Livi.

Not making a judgement on either, but clearly the current Saints team is able to compete better with teams that play the first way than the second.

Our defence is also not great when balls are flung in to the box, and I just cannot see us not conceding a couple from corners, freekicks or throw ins.

After Saturday's game the Well manager said "We've been practising defending corners and throw ins all week, so I'm very disappointed."

He missed the point - how Livvy play will surprise nobody, countering it though - as evidenced by league position - is another matter altogether.

I do think we'll sneak a goal though, so Livvy 3 Saints 1.

3 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

We have a better record at Livi, they have only lost to StJ at home this season though(?).

We know how tough its going to be, more than most in the league.

Another point wouldn't be the worst but with Dundee playing Rangers we have a possible chance to extend the gap again.

Only conceded 2 goals at home in league games too, hopefully our midfielders wont be giving Hammill the space and time for long range shots though, he's scored absolute belters in recent games.

Hardie and Hamilton up front please, Menga on the bench to bring on later when his pace might cause problems. 

St Mirren very unpredictable so hard to give a prediction. 

We simply have to be better than Tuesday although Killie where different class and we just couldn’t cope. 

Kelly, Lawless, Gallagher, Halkett, Lithgow, Lamie, Byrne, Jacobs, Pittman, Hamilton, Hardie.

3rd game on plastic in a week, boys will have stiff legs, according to the Scotland manager anyway, that’s how it works right ? 

First goal massive in this game. 

You can tell the enthusiasm for this game given the number of posts from Saints fans. Not confident Saints can deal with Livie who have beaten all the odds so far so take my hat off to you guys. 
We've been in the same league as each other for 2 seasons.
Its LIVI.
There is no "e" in Livingston. Unless you go to Club Earth.

Livingston 2 St Mirren 3

Crowd 1987

An outrageous £24 admission fee just means I will be nowhere near the Stadium today.

"Open Aw Mics " is my friend,

Then BBC Alba coverage at 6pm.

A Gate Price around a Tenner would have got me through the Livy turnstile.

1 hour ago, shull said:

Livingston 2 St Mirren 3

Crowd 1987

An outrageous £24 admission fee just means I will be nowhere near the Stadium today.

"Open Aw Mics " is my friend,

Then BBC Alba coverage at 6pm.

A Gate Price around a Tenner would have got me through the Livy turnstile.

How much are home games at St Mirren?? £24 not low but its also not expensive...

Archived