Dundee vs. Sevco - 9/12/18

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, weegienative said:

Thinking the public sector is inefficient and tends to be outperformed by the private is right wing nut job territory here now? Jesus, you'd have to Neil Kinnock just to appear centrist.

You're right though, those on the left have appeared to be quite a coherent and reality based bunch of late.

Thinking that government intervention is always bad, even in the realm of law and order, is I'm afraid, somewhat out there as a view.

9 hours ago, weegienative said:

No, the collective group is more important because there are more of them. Just like China is more important in global politics than Tonga. 

You can argue the toss between yourselves and the likes of Annan. In the grand scheme, none of you matter.

You weren't dealing  with collective groups though.

You were deciding on whether individuals were worth listening to, based on the team they supported.  Utterly bizarre and without basis.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Thinking that government intervention is always bad, even in the realm of law and order, is I'm afraid, somewhat out there as a view.

Life, liberty and property, everything else is interference and detrimental.

Law and order isn't people shouting subjectively offensive words at the football.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You were deciding on whether individuals were worth listening to, based on the team they supported.  Utterly bizarre and without basis.

Don't You think that's extremely ironic on a forum which had a thread titled "does anyone admit to being right wing?" Or something like that?

This is an echo chamber filled with nastiness and mob rule. You actually come across as an intelligent guy but you quite easily become part of the mob at times.

5 hours ago, Bohemian said:

Takes some doing to out c**t most of the scummy sevco bigots on here, well done weegie.:1eye

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Case and point.

7 minutes ago, weegienative said:

Don't You think that's extremely ironic on a forum which had a thread titled "does anyone admit to being right wing?" Or something like that?

This is an echo chamber filled with nastiness and mob rule. You actually come across as an intelligent guy but you quite easily become part of the mob at times.

Sharing views doesn't amount to joining a mob.

18 minutes ago, weegienative said:

18 minutes ago, weegienative said:

Life, liberty and property, everything else is interference and detrimental.

A legitimate outlook, but one that's far removed from my own, or any that might be described as mainstream.

I quite like living in a country with schools and hospitals and stuff.

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

A legitimate outlook, but one that's far removed from my own, or any that might be described as mainstream.

I quite like living in a country with schools and hospitals and stuff.

With healthcare it's a widely known economic fact that you can have 2 of 3 features.

Universality, affordability, quality

All 3 cannot co exist. So it really depends which one of the 3 features you are prepared to sacrifice. With the nhs it's quality. Which is no criticism of the good people working within the nhs as they are constrained by budgets.

37 minutes ago, weegienative said:

With healthcare it's a widely known economic fact that you can have 2 of 3 features.

Universality, affordability, quality

All 3 cannot co exist. So it really depends which one of the 3 features you are prepared to sacrifice. With the nhs it's quality. Which is no criticism of the good people working within the nhs as they are constrained by budgets.

Literally my first google search result proves you wrong, the vast majority of the top 10 offer free health care.

https://www.iflscience.com/health-and-medicine/where-is-your-country-global-ranking-nations-healthcare-systems/

ETA - now f**k off

Came to this thread to discuss the match... having noticed that the discussion has went into a state of aberration and social sciences seems to be the hot topic. Seeing as the discussion of football was roughly 6 pages deep and I’ve forgotten what a football is...

im just going to google funny cat videos.

Archived