Dundee vs. Sevco - 9/12/18

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, weegienative said:

Its a good point but the answer is simply yes, everything should be protected. Social self policing would be my preferred option as any government intervention in our lives tends to bring negative consequences. That's not to say I think instances like the raheem sterling one the other day aren't repulsive, they are, but I would rather rely on the goodness of people to stand up and say it's not acceptable. If you think this is far fetched, I'll give you an example, albeit anecdotal. Years ago when McLeish was rangers manager we played a run of the mill spl against Livingston (I think, definately a team wearing a yellow kit). A black player committed a really cynical foul when we had a good counter attack, when the player next came to the front post to defend a corner (my seat was 3rd row behind the goal), some idiot started shouting at him calling him the N word. Almost in unison all the people also shouting at him (calling him a cheat etc) turned on the idiot, soon after the police and stewards came to lift him due to folk greasing him in. That's far more preferential in my opinion.

This anecdote doesn't best illustrate self policing and the absence of government intervention, if the actual police made an arrest does it?

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This anecdote doesn't best illustrate self policing and the absence of government intervention, if the actual police made an arrest does it?

I've been going to write that since he posted it but can't be fucked engaging with the clown. 

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

There was no government policy (take offensive behaviour football act as a prime example of this) which will inevitably be open different interpretations, abuse, stuff being taken out of context and various other things which would negate the purpose behind it.

I'm guessing but not sure because I didn't follow them up the stairs, but he probably got kicked out rather than arrested. The police didn't come to take statements off anyone in the area so there would be no evidence to justify a charge. So if that was the case, self policing was effective as the guy would probably be deterred from behaving in that fashion again in the future. The police merely being utilised as conflict resolution.

8 minutes ago, weegienative said:

There was no government policy (take offensive behaviour football act as a prime example of this) which will inevitably be open different interpretations, abuse, stuff being taken out of context and various other things which would negate the purpose behind it.

I'm guessing but not sure because I didn't follow them up the stairs, but he probably got kicked out rather than arrested. The police didn't come to take statements off anyone in the area so there would be no evidence to justify a charge. So if that was the case, self policing was effective as the guy would probably be deterred from behaving in that fashion again in the future. The police merely being utilised as conflict resolution.

I've no idea what that first paragraph means.

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I've no idea what that first paragraph means.

Yes you do.

The offensive behaviour act led to an unworkable set of guidelines which ultimately had to be scrapped.

Subjective interpretation of the meaning behind words and garbage like that. 

As a general rule, the government is terrible at everything with very few, if any, exceptions. Taking that principle into football, I don't want corrupt politicians seeking political point scoring opportunities ruling on certain types of singing or shouts at the football.

1 hour ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

The **** must be brilliant, they get higher crowds than Killie. 

It's not just that.

The individual fans of Rangers are intrinsically more import than those of Kilmarnock, because there are more of them.

Had you not realised ?

6 hours ago, weegienative said:

As a general rule, the government is terrible at everything with very few, if any, exceptions. Taking that principle into football, I don't want corrupt politicians seeking political point scoring opportunities ruling on certain types of singing or shouts at the football.

Ok, you're straying well into right wing nut job, tin foil hat stuff now, so I'll leave it.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's not just that.

The individual fans of Rangers are intrinsically more import than those of Kilmarnock, because there are more of them.

Had you not realised ?

No, the collective group is more important because there are more of them. Just like China is more important in global politics than Tonga. 

You can argue the toss between yourselves and the likes of Annan. In the grand scheme, none of you matter.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ok, you're straying well into right wing nut job, tin foil hat stuff now, so I'll leave it.

Thinking the public sector is inefficient and tends to be outperformed by the private is right wing nut job territory here now? Jesus, you'd have to Neil Kinnock just to appear centrist.

You're right though, those on the left have appeared to be quite a coherent and reality based bunch of late.

18 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

The thick c**t is trying to claim he's a finance manager on another thread :lol:

Presumably this translates as one of the Provvy's doorstep collectors. 

I assume this confirms it AWRA, again.

22 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

The thick c**t is trying to claim he's a finance manager on another thread :lol:

Presumably this translates as one of the Provvy's doorstep collectors. 

Presumably you'd have no idea what it translates to. Not saying you come across as a moron or anything, but..... y'know......

Just now, jupe1407 said:
5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:
I assume this confirms it AWRA, again.

Jesus, I'd totally forgotten about that childish fucknugget.

Aye, he used to be recognised by those hilarious "ultra" graphics he made, last few times he's created some "I'm incredibly successful in my work life" stories as something to fall back on.

Shows he's growing up, I suppose.

Archived