Hearts v Well

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, dezz said:

Living in Edinburgh, most fans of the Edinburgh clubs I come across are generally good eggs but Hearts really need to sort out this element - a monitory obviously but an increasingly vocal minority - that has crept in overly the last couple of seasons. The rangers songs, Tommy Robinson stuff and now this is all pretty unsavoury.

We have a problem,no doubt about it!

Sorting it out won't be easy,AB knows it's going on and is trying to address it!

19 minutes ago, paddymcp said:

After all the Tommy Robinson arse licking by Jambo’s lately Tynecastle was one of the last places I’d expect their to be racially agrivated arrests. Who knew. 

These folk are scum. Only a hardcore minority of Jambos sympathise with TR. Many of us are multi-racial and multi-cultural just like our team and the rest of the community. Since late 1800s and continuing today, Gorgie/Dalry has become home to various groups of immigrants - Jews, Irish (my mother's family amongst them), Italian, Highlanders, Polish, Asian, Turkish Spanish and African.

Most teams have racist pondlife in their support. Some have them in the first team. Who knew?

leigh griffiths racist tweet.png

Sad to hear this happening again but good that it appears that it was fellow Jambos who shopped the arseholes. That's another two who wont be back. The wee scrotes in Section N should be more careful. Eyes are on them.

1 hour ago, HibsFan said:

The m9s have been highlighting this stuff for years, but we were essentially patted on the head by the wider Pie and Bovril community and told to know our place like the good little f*nians we are.

That's a good boy,fetch the bone 

No time for point scoring from me... the people that do this sort of thing regardless of what club or stadium they're at are the dregs of society. Who goes to the football and decides that they're going to racially abuse someone?

2 hours ago, woolf said:

Thank you very hibs'ly for pointing that out Green,I'd be more concerned with the bigoted behaviour from Hibs fans in Hamilton today.Worying times m5-1.

Been away for a couple hours - missed the bigoted behaviour of Hibs fans in Hamilton, care to enlighten us all?

Or is it just a massive deflection?

I don't get whataboutery about this at all. Every club will have an instance of racial abuse if you look hard enough.  Saying Hearts are worse, or Celtic have done it too, or Hibs are no strangers. It misses the point completely. Horrible people are horrible people and they need weeded out.  Those who see it need to act upon it and the club's have to act swiftly and with a strong hand.

On the game, it was a pretty grim watch for both sets of fans. We started fairly brightly but Hearts could have had 2 or 3 in the 15 min spell following their goal as a few crosses flashed across our box. Ultimately though neither keeper had a save to make all afternoon.

I’ll need to see Main’s disallowed goal again as it didn’t appear there was much in it albeit from the other side of the pitch.

I thought we were broadly in control of the game from the 30th mins onwards but we just lack the guile and quality to break a team like Hearts down. I thought a draw would probably have been a fair reflection of the game.

Just to be petty, I’m annoyed that Haring scored the winner as he’s a big haddy who spent most of the game rolling about the floor.

27 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Old Firm levels of whataboutery  from some Hearts here, genuinely surprised to see that.

It's time all clubs dealt with racists in their support, no?

32 minutes ago, The Grass Is Greener. said:

Old Firm levels of whataboutery  from some Hearts here, genuinely surprised to see that.

I'm not surprised.

Had the "hang Neil Lennon" graffiti removed, or has it been turned into a painting in the fan(nies) bar?

The Bonnie Prince Charlie Jambo chucking reddies at me because I posted about the racist abuse....... dearie me

17 minutes ago, dezz said:

On the game, it was a pretty grim watch for both sets of fans. We started fairly brightly but Hearts could have had 2 or 3 in the 15 min spell following their goal as a few crosses flashed across our box. Ultimately though neither keeper had a save to make all afternoon.

I’ll need to see Main’s disallowed goal again as it didn’t appear there was much in it albeit from the other side of the pitch.

I thought we were broadly in control of the game from the 30th mins onwards but we just lack the guile and quality to break a team like Hearts down. I thought a draw would probably have been a fair reflection of the game.

Just to be petty, I’m annoyed that Haring scored the winner as he’s a big haddy who spent most of the game rolling about the floor.

Not sure why Main bothered to shoot as the ref had clearly already blown his whistle. Good strike but he already knew it wouldn't count before he did it.

Pretty terrible game of football to watch for all concerned.

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

I'm not surprised.

Had the "hang Neil Lennon" graffiti removed, or has it been turned into a painting in the fan(nies) bar?

Not surprised indeed. Like I said, we should all tackle the racism in our own clubs' supports.

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/all-sports/celtic-must-sack-leigh-griffiths-anything-less-is-double-standards_sto4706661/story.shtml

Singing "Rudi Skakel is a f"""ing refugee" cannot be passed off as harmless banter.

Griffiths' behaviour is at very odds with the essence of Celtic, a club founded by refugees, many of whom departed impoverished conditions in Ireland in the hope of a better life in Scotland. A club founded by Irish priests to help the poverty-stricken in Glasgow's East End from across the Irish sea.

What Griffiths was singing about goes against the founding fathers of Celtic, a club who only came into existence after Hibernian were founded by Irish immigrants in 1875. It is an abhorrent chant that besmirchs the roots of both clubs.

Archived