Mandela Effect

D.A.F.C

n 2010 the phenomenon of collective false memory was dubbed the "Mandela effect" by self-described "paranormal consultant" Fiona Broome, in reference to a false memory she reports of the death of South African leader Nelson Mandela in the 1980s (when he was in fact still alive), which she claims is shared by "perhaps thousands" of other people.

I'm certainly not calling it the Mandela Effect, if I do suffer from it.

New Zealand was closer to Australia. Seems daft but it does seem further away on maps now. I always remember it being like Japan away from coastline distance? Some folk are claiming it was above Australia which is bollocks obviously.

Like this? Just shitey maps at school?
Screenshot_20181207-111733_Chrome.jpg

Guest Moomintroll
New Zealand was closer to Australia. Seems daft but it does seem further away on maps now. I always remember it being like Japan away from coastline distance? Some folk are claiming it was above Australia which is bollocks obviously.

Like this? Just shitey maps at school?
Screenshot_20181207-111733_Chrome.jpg.d7c71db2fc13af51f8390e451dcaddd7.jpg
I actually though PNG was a lot further away from Australia, now I look at that it's a hell of a lot closer than Tasmania is.

• 2 months later...

I had a watch of some of the YouTube videos related to this, many are pop culture references I didn’t know or ones I can easily dismiss, but there were a couple out there that I could have sworn we’re true. Firstly the above “stop” the pidgeon but mainly the Moonraker one. I was also sure she had braces in the scene where she and Jaws smile at each other.

4 hours ago, Enigma said:

I had a watch of some of the YouTube videos related to this, many are pop culture references I didn’t know or ones I can easily dismiss, but there were a couple out there that I could have sworn we’re true. Firstly the above “stop” the pidgeon but mainly the Moonraker one. I was also sure she had braces in the scene where she and Jaws smile at each other.

It's pretty interesting. I dont buy the parallel universe stuff though.

Most Mandela Effects I just put down to my rubbish memory.

Archived