Third versus first

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, kennysmassiveego said:

I think Rossdee would like a Killie player to maim Rogic 

If Gary Caldwell was playing for us we might have obliged 

Either that or he'd have called in the SAS to do it.

Eh?

I’m referring to the time where Rogic (RIP) died as a result of a challenge from Darren O’Dea at Celtic Park resulting in outbursts of seethe resulting in numerous P&B bans. Don’t pretend you don’t remember.
I think Rossdee would like a Killie player to maim Rogic 
If Gary Caldwell was playing for us we might have obliged 

That’s what I’m implying. On top of 3 points, of course.

9 minutes ago, RossDee01 said:

I’m referring to the time where Rogic (RIP) died as a result of a challenge from Darren O’Dea at Celtic Park resulting in outbursts of seethe resulting in numerous P&B bans. Don’t pretend you don’t remember.

Given how many injuries Rogic gets I am struggling to remember this one.

9 hours ago, gannonball said:

Yet when we score a goal we often get slagged for celebrating too much. I also struggle to see how it means more to a fan base at a cup final who generally dont go to games whilst everyone in my end is a season ticket holder at the very least. If your going to make pish up at least make it consistent.

Every club has fans who only go to big games. See Seville. 

The point is that if you take your average Killie fan and the average Celtic fan, the Killie fan is always going to take more joy from following their club. 

Celtic fans are as much about hating Rangers as much as they are loving their own club. They also win so much that it isn't nearly as exciting or meaningful when they do. 

The way I prove this is to ask a Celtic fan what happened in the 2001 league cup final. I can still describe the game in great detail, down to who got injured, how we played, who scored, scoreline etc. I've never once found a Celtic fan who can tell me anything about it without googling. 

A Killie fan remembers more about a cup they finished runners up in than a Celtic fan can about a cup they won. It's just something to lord over the other side of Glasgow for a few months. And if you want proof of that, the fact you're still crying about something Broadfoot said (though you dont even know what it was) years ago and taking delight in his head knock shows you up for the bigot you are.

You'll have no idea what it feels like reaching the top of the league for the first time in 20 years. The "lows" of being a Celtic fan are finishing second. Must be awful for you. 

As much as I'd love an away win here, Celtic under Brendan Rodgers generally pull a result out of the bag when there's even the smallest bit of pressure on them.

4-0 Celtic. 

47 minutes ago, Desp said:

As much as I'd love an away win here, Celtic under Brendan Rodgers generally pull a result out of the bag when there's even the smallest bit of pressure on them.

4-0 Celtic. 

Mind when they could have won the league at Easter Road last season?

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

Im guessing with the severity ofthe ban and that its not being repeated it was pretty bad. I do believe can change their behaviours. I shudder to think some of the playground rhymes etc I joined in with as a kid. I dont think Broadfoot however denied or has shown any remorse for what he did though.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Mind when they could have won the league at Easter Road last season?

Umm, there was pretty much no pressure on Celtic that day. They needed something like 3 points out of 6 games (assuming Aberdeen won the next six) to win the league. The consequences of losing was that they got to send a bit of a GIRFUY to the Scottish Polis.

Brilliant achievement by killie to go top this far into the season.

Deserved as well.  Despite how much I hate the Ayrshire minks, it's still infinitely preferable to rangers or Celtic being top.

Killie are more than capable of getting a result here, and I'm fairly confident they'll get at least a draw. When you look at the upcoming fixtures for both teams, if killie get a draw or win here, then they'll have a great chance of being top at the winter break:

celtic:  Hibs (A), Motherwell (H), Dundee (H), Aberdeen (A), Rangers (A)

kilmarnock: Dundee (H), Hamilton (A), Motherwell (A), St Mirren (H)

Spoiler

Allowing St Johnstone to come steamrollering over the top of both in the new year 

3 hours ago, deadasdillinger said:

Every club has fans who only go to big games. See Seville. 

The point is that if you take your average Killie fan and the average Celtic fan, the Killie fan is always going to take more joy from following their club. 

Celtic fans are as much about hating Rangers as much as they are loving their own club. They also win so much that it isn't nearly as exciting or meaningful when they do. 

The way I prove this is to ask a Celtic fan what happened in the 2001 league cup final. I can still describe the game in great detail, down to who got injured, how we played, who scored, scoreline etc. I've never once found a Celtic fan who can tell me anything about it without googling. 

A Killie fan remembers more about a cup they finished runners up in than a Celtic fan can about a cup they won. It's just something to lord over the other side of Glasgow for a few months. And if you want proof of that, the fact you're still crying about something Broadfoot said (though you dont even know what it was) years ago and taking delight in his head knock shows you up for the bigot you are.

You'll have no idea what it feels like reaching the top of the league for the first time in 20 years. The "lows" of being a Celtic fan are finishing second. Must be awful for you. 

So your assuming I dont remember a cup final and because of that Im a bigot since I mocked an actual bigot getting ko’d?  Bizarre statement, possibly one of the strangest things I have read on here.

Whilst I can concede some cup memories will be cherished more by other clubs due to lack of frequency of getting to a cup final, the enjoyment and dispair is much the same on the day and the weeks after. 

Archived