Third versus first

47 minutes ago, Stevie67 said:

Well it is the biggest achievement in my clubs history...don't see your point there.

Let me explain this slowly. 

You value that win more than any league win because its a bigger, rarer event.

Fans of diddy teams see winning the league and cups in the same way you view that win.

Ergo, these trophies means more to us than you.

BTW, this is based on your logic and we all agree.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fans of diddy teams see winning the league and cups in the same way you view that win.

That wasn't my original point though so I'll explain slowly. Simply to win a league or domestic cup is still an utter joy even though it happens often , it still doesn't dilute the joy as has been suggested on here.

6 minutes ago, Stevie67 said:
9 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

That wasn't my original point though so I'll explain slowly. Simply to win a league or domestic cup is still an utter joy even though it happens often , it still doesn't dilute the joy as has been suggested on here.

Let me try again. If the European cup is 100% joy. It stands to reason a league can only be a max of 99% joy because it's not as good, which is a dilution.

If you're trying to tell me beating a Hamilton 5 or 6 zip to win the league at New Douglas Park would give you the same joy as beating PSG at Wembly to win the champions league, then I'll concede.

I'll concede you're a liar.

Let me try again. If the European cup is 100% joy. It stands to reason a league can only be a max of 99% joy because it's not as good, which is a dilution.
If you're trying to tell me beating a Hamilton 5 or 6 zip to win the league at New Douglas Park would give you the same joy as beating PSG at Wembly to win the champions league, then I'll concede.

Ffs....ok here we go. The European cup debate joy factor is your debate not mine. I was simply stating that just because we get a lot of domestic success it's doesn't dilute from the joy as has been suggested on this thread. And of course winning a European cup is obviously more joyful than a domestic championship but that wasn't my point...as for your liar comment...show some manners and think first before you throw insults about.

26 minutes ago, Stevie67 said:
51 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Ffs....ok here we go. The European cup debate joy factor is your debate not mine. I was simply stating that just because we get a lot of domestic success it's doesn't dilute from the joy as has been suggested on this thread. And of course winning a European cup is obviously more joyful than a domestic championship but that wasn't my point...as for your liar comment...show some manners and think first before you throw insults about.

Sensitive wee soul aren't you. I didn't call you a liar. 

I don’t agree with this argument at all. I’m sure Celtic fans will treasure European wins, wins against Sevco etc higher than standard games against teams in #W38.

They will also view league titles as more worthy of celebration than the League Cup.....so do we though hence the interest in our recent success over that of the 2012 Cup win.

I didn’t celebrate our opening goal last season against Brora Rangers as wildly as I did our winner against Celtic.

6 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

I don’t agree with this argument at all. I’m sure Celtic fans will treasure European wins, wins against Sevco etc higher than standard games against teams in #W38.

They will also view league titles as more worthy of celebration than the League Cup.....so do we though hence the interest in our recent success over that of the 2012 Cup win.

I didn’t celebrate our opening goal last season against Brora Rangers as wildly as I did our winner against Celtic.

So you do agree with my argument. 

1 minute ago, imposs1904 said:

The Celtic TV commentary is woeful. Begrudging an excellent save from the Killie goalkeeper.

Agreed, any of the in house commentary teams are pretty dire, Sevcovision is no better.  Even as a Celtic fan I find the over the top bias of Celtic TV annoying

Archived