Third versus first

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Steve C a Celtic manager in waiting deserves this 15 minutes of fame hes had the hoodoo over Rodgers since he came in Scotland getting the munchers all excited.
The tarts had 8 to 10 weeks at the top don't see the famous pies getting close to that,it's time for Rodgers to stop fecking about with his squad and get the job done.

Why are Celtic fans getting excited about Clarke?

12 hours ago, Romeo said:

Killie lads acting all Billy (pun intended) big baws.

Only going to end in tears.

Except we're really not.

We don't ACTUALLY expect to win the league, or turn over a team with about 15x our budget.

We've gone top of the league little more than a year after being bottom and without a win, two and a half years after being one game away from relegation. We're happy to be watching a good team, with a good manager and enjoying it while we can.

You see our self worth isn't wrapped up winning everything every season, and beating That Lot from down the road (indeed, most Ayr fans I know are happy for Killie and vice-versa, bar some good-natured teasing).

So if your mob win on Saturday, feel free to come back and gloat as though we'll all be absolutely seething to have lost. We've got a good team, we're happy, and we're justifiably confident we have a decent chance of getting a result. That's it.

Spoiler

All that said, Stevie Clarke is ending 10-in-a-row

OF fans will NEVER understand nor experience the soul searing high of life long "diddies" moments of glory. Your long years if dominance mean nothing when compared to the oldest professional clyb in the nation doing well.

These are almost word for word the words I said to Tam and the bois on the radio on the bus home after we won the cup in 2014. It’s so true. I think the only way an old firm fan could feel our euphoria is if they won a European trophy - which is something they will never ever do.

2 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

These are almost word for word the words I said to Tam and the bois on the radio on the bus home after we won the cup in 2014. It’s so true. I think the only way an old firm fan could feel our euphoria is if they won a European trophy - which is something they will never ever do.

Yet when we score a goal we often get slagged for celebrating too much. I also struggle to see how it means more to a fan base at a cup final who generally dont go to games whilst everyone in my end is a season ticket holder at the very least. If your going to make pish up at least make it consistent.

14 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Yet when we score a goal we often get slagged for celebrating too much. I also struggle to see how it means more to a fan base at a cup final who generally dont go to games whilst everyone in my end is a season ticket holder at the very least. If your going to make pish up at least make it consistent.

You're doing a great job of dispelling the myth that Celtic fans are humourless, bitter morons.  Keep it up.

Romeo, concentrate on your health mate and stop trying to wind people up. We are not seething, we are in a happy clappy wonderland. Hope all goes well with you, football is less important than real life so will happily swap our impending title victory for your recovery. Obviously this is the safest of all safe bets but my sentiments remain the same.
Kind words, thank you.

I won't even get to see the game. Hospital for results today then away for the weekend with Mrs Romeo. First home League game I haven't attended in quite some time.

21 hours ago, Fide said:

Bit of a horrible c**t, aren't you?  Man, you've got to love hate old firm fans

Nah its because Broadfoot is a bigoted horrible c**t  is why I have no sympathy for him. To get a 10 game ban for sectarian abuse tells everything you need know. I believe he also has an assault charge too. 

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Nah its because Broadfoot is a bigoted horrible c**t  is why I have no sympathy for him. To get a 10 game ban for sectarian abuse tells everything you need know.

Never understood that case.  Why the secrecy over exactly what was said?  Hopefully the punishment matched the crime, but I refuse to believe that people can't change their behaviours, otherwise what's the point?

2 hours ago, Romeo said:

Kind words, thank you.

I won't even get to see the game. Hospital for results today then away for the weekend with Mrs Romeo. First home League game I haven't attended in quite some time.

Hope all goes well.

6 hours ago, gannonball said:

You don't understand why Celtic scoring against say Livingston would be less worthy of celebration than Celtic scoring against say PSG?

Celebrating like a madman when you're punching way below your weight is generally a sign of dickitude.

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

Nah its because Broadfoot is a bigoted horrible c**t  is why I have no sympathy for him. To get a 10 game ban for sectarian abuse tells everything you need know. I believe he also has an assault charge too. 

I believe you're a bit of a cock, but I'm not going to hold a grudge for years about it.

3 hours ago, Estragon said:

Never understood that case.  Why the secrecy over exactly what was said?  Hopefully the punishment matched the crime, but I refuse to believe that people can't change their behaviours, otherwise what's the point?

Im guessing with the severity ofthe ban and that its not being repeated it was pretty bad. I do believe can change their behaviours. I shudder to think some of the playground rhymes etc I joined in with as a kid. I dont think Broadfoot however denied or has shown any remorse for what he did though.

Archived