Standard of officiating

I think it's time that the clubs came together to protest the level of officiating in the SPFL.

Whether it's down to bias or sheer incompetence, this crop of referees are the worst we've ever had.  We cannot tolerate this. 

https://twitter.com/compo95/status/1070426620912119812

Collum, Dallas, Madden, McLean to name but a few. All brutal, and all have made game-changing (potentially season defining) howlers in the past month. 

What the league lacks in money, is made up for in effort and passion from both players and fans alike.  We all deserve better from the officials.  We shouldn't be continually punished for their incompetence and inconsistency. 

The SFA are a complete and utter shambles of an organisation and it is hard to see that changing any time soon. Is it time for the SPFL to bring in their own referees? 

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

VAR exists as a technology, how expensive can it be to implement it?  The SPFL already have cameras at the games

A couple of screens at games available to the officials would cost next to nothing. Trusting them to utilise the equipment would be an issue, however.

Running Scouts last Friday (St Andrews Day), we told them to come up with a Scottish game to play, which they lazily picked 'Scottish League Cup final'. "What's more Scottish than a Scottish football final?" they said, which was a fair enough comment, hence Scottish fitba it was.

However, as the appointed referee, I made a point of getting most decisions wrong. Goals clearly within the chalk-drawn goalmouth being ruled off as being over/wide, sin-bins dished out for absolutely no proper reason etc, etc. Both teams absolutely seething. They wanted Scottish football, they got it. Seeing as they're all Dons fans, I'm expecting full apologies all round this week.

6 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Think we should rename the thread to “Officiating to ensure Establishment Company are challenging for CL money to ensure they don’t go bust” tbh

To be fair to sevconians, Candieas did get a slightly harsh second yellow a few weeks ago.

I wouldn't want to be a ref, i often miss or imagine stuff in real time and need a replay to see things right. You would know that you're going to get loads of abuse. You would have to be a bit peculiar to want to do it.  Not necessarily as peculiar as Dallas mind.

Personally I love the theatrics and seethe a poor referee decision brings to Scottish football. 

Bad decisions happen in every game in every country on any day. Scottish football fans just love a good moan. 

More please.

Bobby Madman had his usual nightmare at Rugby Park tonight...

Broadfoot & Lithgow got into an argument 1st half about 5 feet away & in full view of him, resulting in the latter raising his hands & shoving Broaders by the throat..... result, no action.

He failed to blow up when KB was knocked unconscious by Dan Bachmann's knee to his head, only realising something was amiss when Bachmann threw the ball down and rushed to put Kirk in the recovery position.

Another decision which resulted in zero f**ks given by brother Bobby was the tackle on Jones in the 2nd half which The Undertaker at Summerslam would have been proud of.

How this c**t is allowed to officiate beggars belief.......

Dallas tonight. Corner comes in, Haring drags down Davidson, Ref blows for the foul as the ball passes the edge of the box.

Haring booked. 

No penalty.

I suspect this will get absolutely no coverage though, while the penalty we did get will transform into some absolute concrete proof the world is against Hearts and Hearts alone.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dallas tonight. Corner comes in, Haring drags down Davidson, Ref blows for the foul as the ball passes the edge of the box.

Haring booked. 

No penalty.

I suspect this will get absolutely no coverage though, while the penalty we did get will transform into some absolute concrete proof the world is against Hearts and Hearts alone.

I think it's important that the penalty tonight is used to draw further attention to the overall standard of the officiating rather than a potential conspiracy against the Jambos! 

3 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

I think it's important that the penalty tonight is used to draw further attention to the overall standard of the officiating rather than a potential conspiracy against the Jambos! 

Too late. Hearts and Levein have already spun it that way, to the point where I'd stake a fair whack of money Sportscene will completely ignore that incident and spend ten minutes discussing only the penalty.

Oooooft. Just seen the St Johnstone penalty.

Relegate Andrew Dallas. Some refs make bad decisions in some games. Dallas makes awful decisions in every game.

On the other controversial incidents tonight. I think Cosgrove was unlucky to get a second yellow but he did go in with his studs up whether he was first to the ball or not. Clancy chopping off a Celtic goal (actually blowing the whistle before the ball was struck). It was a soft foul on Aldred but everybody has acknowledged that Aldred had his shirt pulled.

Dallas on the other hand is just making things up. He has imagined some reality where the St Johnstone player was fouled.

14 minutes ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

I can understand them feeling aggrieved given the shite at the weekend, but i can see your point also. We need new refs and VAR. Fixes all of this. 

Someone didn't watch the world cup where VAR still didn't convine people that decisions were correct. e.g. the penalty given in the Final.

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Someone didn't watch the world cup where VAR still didn't convine people that decisions were correct. e.g. the penalty given in the Final.

I did, and pretty much everything was bang on. It takes the margin of error down to near zero.

6 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Can't think of any debatable decisions done with VAR at world cup other than handball.

The handball rule will always create controversy because it contains a subjective element to it with the whole 'deliberate' rule.  

Archived