• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
ali_91

Aberdeen - St Johnstone

Saints are flying just now, but we’re starting to be on a bit of a barren run against Aberdeen so another tough test. 

Injuries permitting I’d go;

Clark

Foster Kerr Shaugnessy Tanser

Craig Davidson

Wotherspoon Kennedy Swanson 

Watt

I have a feeling it might be one of those games  where everyone is baffled by the team selection and we end up showing too much respect to the sheep and their glory hunting central belt fans though. 

Absolutely buzzing for this one, an all day session and a belting game in prospect. 0-2 Saints. 

Kinda wish I was going to this game now but saving my pennies for a gig on Sunday. Big game for both sides with only the point between them. Hoping for a Saints win and nothing less - Aberdeen have now been replaced by Killie as the team carrying the hopes of a nation to break OF dominance.

1 hour ago, ali_91 said:

I have a feeling it might be one of those games  where everyone is baffled by the team selection and we end up showing too much respect to the sheep and their glory hunting central belt fans though. 

Tanser and Swanson both doubts.

5-3-2 with Anderson making his first appearance in months, Nydam as a wing back and Callachan in midfield somewhere, IMO.

A lot will depend on whether GMS is back for this. Without him I don’t fear them, even at Pitoddrie. It would also be a massive boost if Tanser makes this. As comfortable as Joe was second half last night it clearly weakened us on both flanks moving Foster and Joe ‘out of position’. Stuffy 1-1 draw.

22 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

The whole balance of our side has been disrupted by losing Wright. I miss Drey already.

You're right Tam. It's so frustrating as it would have been brilliant to see where we ended up at the winter break,  especially when you see killie top of the league.

But what's done is done, time to move on.  When we went to Pittodrie and pumped them 5-1 we had a very makeshift team.

They seem to have found a bit of form, and are very solid and hard to break down, but really struggle for goals. So if we defend like we did in the six game run, we'll have a great chance of coming away with something, but if we defend like we did in the first half last night against a rancid Hearts team, then we'll struggle.

Tanser will be a big loss. The only option appears to be Foster across and Shaughnessy right back. It might just need a bit of time to bed in, but we certainly lost a bit of our attacking threat in wide areas in the second half.

Time for the likes of Tony and Spoony to step it up. Spoony had a good first half then kept getting caught in possession after the break. Tony needs to play with a lot more intensity than he has been doing, I think he looks like he's just going through the motions at times, which is fine when you're delivering in front of goal, but when not then you have to at least contribute a lot of workrate.

1-0 Saints.

I disagree that Watt isn’t working hard. He’s putting in a power of work upfront on his own. Last night he was being marshalled by Berra, who’s arguably the best centreback in the league and still managed to get some joy. The lack of goals is a concern, but he’s causing issues and creating chances and space for others and that can’t be ignored. If it was Maclean upfront I doubt Kennedy would get the same freedom that he does.

12 hours ago, Widge said:

I disagree that Watt isn’t working hard. He’s putting in a power of work upfront on his own. Last night he was being marshalled by Berra, who’s arguably the best centreback in the league and still managed to get some joy. The lack of goals is a concern, but he’s causing issues and creating chances and space for others and that can’t be ignored. If it was Maclean upfront I doubt Kennedy would get the same freedom that he does.

Hes not really playing up front on his own though.  Kennedy has been a real live wire upfront beside Watt ever since playing there in the final 10 minutes of the game at Motherwell.

Agreed the past two matches have been against much better defences than up to that point in the unbeaten run.

In case there's any doubt, I think Watt's an excellent striker and had some good moments last night, but I think he's capable of more.

For a glorious minute there I thought that only the saints fans would comment on this game, not a single entry from the dons until we come on in force on Saturday, after the game has finished, and we slaughter them with clever comments following the 6-0 to the famous, (Anderson 4 with the other two goals from the tea lady and programme seller from outside the chippy). This will be an easy one.   :whistle

After the two games this week, this requires a different mindset. We will have to force the game to try to break down this stuffy Saints side who appear to have sorted themselves out after the humiliation against Celtic. I would imagine that we will go back to two up front, Anderson and May for me, with Ball and Cosgrove out from the last two line ups. If Devlin is fit, then he replaces Considine with Max Lowe continuing at left back.

Looks like Tanser is going to make it which is a big bonus. I'd go unchanged from the side that started on Wednesday. Alston and Wotherspoon played well first half and if we've got our usual full backs in place, there's a good balance and understanding between the players playing on the wings. It also means we can change shape easily, with Alston either moving inside and Kennedy right in a midfield 5 or Alston on the right and Kennedy up top in a midfield 4.

I can't make this game unfortunately but it's certainly not beyond us to get a win up in Aberdeen. They bitch slapped us convincingly last year but I think we've got a better team now than we did then.

4 hours ago, kingjoey said:

After the two games this week, this requires a different mindset. We will have to force the game to try to break down this stuffy Saints side who appear to have sorted themselves out after the humiliation against Celtic. I would imagine that we will go back to two up front, Anderson and May for me, with Ball and Cosgrove out from the last two line ups. If Devlin is fit, then he replaces Considine with Max Lowe continuing at left back.

Derek said earlier Devlin will miss tomorrow and likely the Livingston and St Mirren games following which is disappointing. He just can't seem to get much of a break with injuries. Having said that with the games coming up it's probably not as essential to rush him back. Hopefully Considine can play to a similar level as he did on Wednesday where he really impressed.

“We were told initially that type of injury could be anything between two and six weeks and we were hoping it would be nearer the two weeks and unfortunately it wasn’t. He could miss the next two or three games and misses Saturday. I wouldn’t imagine he’d be available for Livingston or St Mirren, but maybe after that."

I'd like to see McGinn through the middle at some point but that would have to wait until GMS is back, so I'd go with May and Anderson up top in a 442 with Shinnie and Ferguson in the middle of the park. Wouldn't be surprised to see Wilson starting alongside May though but hopefully Anderson gets his chance.

COYR

Prediction: 0-0 and eyebleedingly awful to watch

Really looking forward to this. Any word on whether GMS will be fit? Heard conflicting reports. First beer at 11am. My one proper football piss up these days

Really looking forward to this. Any word on whether GMS will be fit? Heard conflicting reports. First beer at 11am. My one proper football piss up these days

He’s def out sadly, as is Devlin.

May, whilst not looked on favourably from the dons fans has done alright against us. Wouldn’t bet against him doing it again tomorrow. I’d settle for a draw but could see us snatching it

I’ve had a couple of gins, so I predict a 2-0 win for the Dons. Get the negativity to f**k.

I've had 5 whiskys, so it's 5-0 to the mighty blue bigot bashers imo.