Hooliganism Survey

planbiffy

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/5/2018 at 21:28, Shotgun said:

That's what I do with all of these things. If I ever see one containing meaningful questions, I’ll consider giving meaningful answers.

It's genuinely depressing that someone could be writing a dissertation at Higher Level and expect to learn anything by asking…

"Do you think that HYMOI Polmont is effectively meeting its aims as a prison, in other words, is it protecting the young people who are serving a sentence whilst also being an effective means of punishment?"

Although I did like the boy's definition of capitalism.

"Capitalism, people wanted to steal what they couldn't afford, eg designer trainers"

That'll take him far in the outside world.

It's advanced higher but thats beside the point. And the definition is based on Merton's theory of crime so yeah I would agree its a bit pish but his theory was beyond wrong. Cheers for doing it anyways mate. Oh, and I'm a girl but that doesnt even matter

On 12/6/2018 at 09:51, DanMc99 said:

stick to First Past The Post and that shite

Unfortunately FPTP is not covered in Adv Higher but god do I wish it was. I long for a political systems essay they were so amazing

20 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Most of the time I just sit around the office waiting for the weekend. Don't get me wrong, I love the money the job pays. But my real passion lies in kicking people's fucking heads in at football. See, I got to channel it somewhere. As you can probably tell by my bulging stomach, I don't participate in too many sporting activities. And I don't do drugs. Well, that's not entirely true, but not a lot. So I got to have my release in something, and a good fucking fight seems like the best way. Wouldn't you agree? Maybe not. At least I wouldn't be walking around like you lot, fucking horrible c***s with sticks shoved up your arses trying to pretend your little suburban nightmare's all right. Then again, I suppose it just depends which way you look at it.

This is so off topic but this reminds me of a boy in my year who hyped himself up as an amazing fighter and all that. He was part of the young team and all. Anyways, he went to fight someone, brought a knife, dropped it, got his head kicked in and left school, never to be seen again. This quote is what he aspired to be.

I think the question about if there is an issue with hooliganism is a bit dodgy.

I don't go to English games, and I doubt many on here do so enough to say if there is an issue with hooliganism in the UK.

In Scotland it's definitely pretty much a non issue but in England it might not be. No idea about Welsh and Northern Irish football either, so asking about the issue in a UK context doesn't make much sense and surely won't produce any results worth bothering about.

Archived