Queen's Park v Stirling Albion

November promised to be a challenge and so it proved. Just four points from nine in the league and two knockouts in the cups. Return of an old trend of doing well against better teams and poorly against supposedly lesser teams. And as we skipped into December another harsh lesson of how taking the chances is the narrow seperator between top and bottom.

So back to HQ and a run of games that ought to see us consolidate a position near the top-end play-offs. Are Stirling on a secure footing now or was their mauling of Elgin last week just one of those days we all dream about. No excuses for the Spiders squad this week. 3 points is all that's acceptable. Play to feet laddies, play to feet. 

First visit of the season to Hampden for a Stirling side that is moving in the right direction since KR took over and that direction is UP . 

Difficult game against a Queens side who beat us in the Cup and will fancy their chances on Saturday. Hope the resurgence continues under KR and we come away from Hampden with something for our troubles , fancy we might just sneak it providing we DONT play like we did in the first 20 minutes or so against Elgin. 

Prediction Queens 1 Albion 2    

Think there's been a wee bit of overreaction in some quarters over our recent form. I'd say only Cowdenbeath was truly disappointing. We were pretty major underdogs against Connahs Quay, Raith Rovers and Edinburgh City. Anything from those games would have been a bonus. 

The next few games are ones that we should be looking to pick up points from. We've come up against Stirling twice and know we can beat them if we play well. They also know they can beat us. There won't be a lot in this and it'll all be down to which team shows up on the day. 

Could be time to freshen things up. Would like to see Adam Martin given a couple of games to show what he can do. It was a fairly strong Strollers side last night going by the team sheet. Both Kindlans, Mortimer, Peters and Osadolor all played. Any of them could be in contention depending on performances. 

Can't say I'm that confident about winning. We've forgotten how to score goals where as Stirling banged in five last week.  Our home league performances have been pretty decent though so hopefully that will continue. Think Mark might shake things up a bit, can see Gow starting and maybe also Martin. Tomorrow might be the time to go back to using East as an impact sub  

Theres a buzz about going to watch the Albion again. Last week, bar the first 20 minutes, was the best football we've played in years.

The loss of Darren Barr could be a big miss, but Marr and Banner can be good together. With McLaughlin and Jardine now playing to the standard we expect from them and Docherty now looking like a footballer, i am confident of securing the W.

Oh also the king is back and scoring goals. God bless the king.
IMG_0013.jpg

Latest edition of the splendid pre-match brochure available now. Insightful piece, as always, by Big Beardie and a decent section for the Bino fans too. And for those that like a gossip about whos' gone, the player list has Lachlan missing but still has Nimmo and Osadolar, the latter definitely looking like he was in the Strollers midweek. But let's not let facts get in the way of a good story.

Enjoy the game...

http://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/QP-v-Stirling-Albion-8th-December-2018.pdf

2 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Theres a buzz about going to watch the Albion again. Last week, bar the first 20 minutes, was the best football we've played in years.

The loss of Darren Barr could be a big miss, but Marr and Banner can be good together. With McLaughlin and Jardine now playing to the standard we expect from them and Docherty now looking like a footballer, i am confident of securing the W.

Don't think Barr will be missed much, problem with him he was injured more than not, plus remember we have Lee Hamilton to still come back, hope in 3 or 4 weeks. Banner should be used in Central Defence rather than at right back like last week against Elgin. Ross MacGeachie  should be in at right back, prefer him their rather in Central Defence. 

At yes thank god we have the KING back in attack scored 2 last week in his first real start of the season and he can only get better :thumsup2

Don't think Barr will be missed much, problem with him he was injured more than not, plus remember we have Lee Hamilton to still come back, hope in 3 or 4 weeks. Banner should be used in Central Defence rather than at right back like last week against Elgin. Ross MacGeachie  should be in at right back, prefer him their rather in Central Defence. 
At yes thank god we have the KING back in attack scored 2 last week in his first real start of the season and he can only get better :thumsup2

Suppose. Geeks offers the side much more as a right back, although he usually does a job in CB. Jordan Allan has also come onto his game since KRs appointment.

Dylan Mackin and Daz to score.

31 minutes ago, Joe coconuts said:

Big shot in the foot for the QP suits, the players who don’t get paid agreed with the suits to come home from Oswestry after their mammoth success against a big time Charlie team from leeksville, it was agreed that the hotel savings would go back to the players for their Xmas night out, alarmingly the suits decided that the 20 plus players only deserved £500 for this weekend fiasco, the players are outraged at this blatant tightening of the club purse strings and are now sick to the teeth of urine being placed upon them, watch the slow death of the once upon a time happy team

Any more details on this, JC? Sounds despicable, if true. Indicative of a club which is rotten from top to bottom.

7 hours ago, Joe coconuts said:

Big shot in the foot for the QP suits, the players who don’t get paid agreed with the suits to come home from Oswestry after their mammoth success against a big time Charlie team from leeksville, it was agreed that the hotel savings would go back to the players for their Xmas night out, alarmingly the suits decided that the 20 plus players only deserved £500 for this weekend fiasco, the players are outraged at this blatant tightening of the club purse strings and are now sick to the teeth of urine being placed upon them, watch the slow death of the once upon a time happy team

Interesting story Joe coconuts. it's likely to have many layers this one so maybe best on the QP thread where QP fans can discuss. Don't want to be troubling SAFC fans with this nonsense on a match thread.

That wasn't far off being decent. Just need that wee bit of quality and composure in the final third when it comes to a final ball and finishing. Couple that with losing a really soft goal, albeit a great finish, and that's why we didn't take the three points. 

Martin did well before tiring, a great assist for the goal. Thought Magee looked composed as well. Gow showed some decent touches but will need more games before getting up to speed. I assume he'll be signed up during the week. Unlikely that he'd be starting today if he was offski. 

Some positives, some things to work on. Disappointing to lose Gerry for next week. First yellow would be termed a "good" foul. Second was rash after the boy beat him. Still think we can go down there and get a result if we click. 

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 17:11, JakeSAFC said:

IMG_0013.jpg

The same king a few of our fans thought should be released when his back injury persisted.   I know you weren't one of them Jake, stay cool.   I can't agree with you on Banner though.  He's a weak link wherever you put him at the back.  Rarely first to a ball and too easily turned or skinned.

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 21:00, Bring Your Own Socks said:

Play to feet laddies, play to feet. 

Curious advice when we have been persistently weak to the aerial ball?   I'm not having a go at you mate, normally I'd say much the same.  I'm not sure it's the right idea in this case though?

42 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

The same king a few of our fans thought should be released when his back injury persisted.   I know you weren't one of them Jake, stay cool.   I can't agree with you on Banner though.  He's a weak link wherever you put him at the back.  Rarely first to a ball and too easily turned or skinned.

Though we were lucky to get a point today, first half Queens were the better team for most of this half and might have scored more than 1 goal. I agree with you regarding Banner today at right back he was given the run around by Queens No7 who had the beating of him for most of the game. Fortunately for us the KING scored again and with him we would have went in a goal down at halftime. 

Second half we started to get into the game and managed to create some chance but even down to 10 men late on , Queens were comfortable. A point gained imo but it could have been nothing. 

Hopefully we get Lee Hamilton back soon from injury and move McGeachie to right back to replace Banner.

Just now, rhliston said:

Hopefully we get Lee Hamilton back soon from injury and move McGeachie to right back to replace Banner.

I'm not convinced that's going  to cure all our problems at the back Rhiliston.  Who's going to be first to the aerial ball for crosses and corners?  Can we agree it won't make it worse, but we'll still be short a real aerial ball winner at the back that we sorely need?

13 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

. I'm not convinced that's going  to cure all our problems at the back Rhiliston.  Who's going to be first to the aerial ball for crosses and corners?  Can we agree it won't make it worse, but we'll still be short a real aerial ball winner at the back that we sorely need?

Agreed it wont cure the problem bit it will improve out defence. Hopefully we get a ball winning in the air  Centre Half in the January transfer window .

Two points lost; disappointing as we were the better side. We played quite well with some decent balls being fired across the box, but once again we couldn't finish.

Magee performed well; good to see as we'll have none of our regular central defenders for next week. Gow made a decent contribution and will hopefully be taken on. Roberts again impressive and I felt the full backs looked the part.

We do need to be winning games like this though if we're going to be in contention for the play offs.

23 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Two points lost; disappointing as we were the better side. We played quite well with some decent balls being fired across the box, but once again we couldn't finish.

Magee performed well; good to see as we'll have none of our regular central defenders for next week. Gow made a decent contribution and will hopefully be taken on. Roberts again impressive and I felt the full backs looked the part.

We do need to be winning games like this though if we're going to be in contention for the play offs.

Agree with all of that except the Gow part. He looked great for the first 30 but started being greedy, maybe because it was his third trial, and made  a few wrong choices. Faded badly in the second. Getting the ball to Martin's feet showed how good the lad could be. He and Summers were playing some really nice balls through the channels and his touchline dribbling was a treat. Have to say Gerry was caught badly at the goal and both his bookings. No. 10 had him lost all day.

Individuals aside though it was another game of one half with passing, where we dominated, and the other with longer passes, where we didn't dominate. Wasn't hoofball in the second but plenty of times when better use of the ball could have been productive. Still, plenty of chances to win this game though. Honeymoon definitely over for Mark.

image.png.b81b1a70899813106034424424ebfef2.png

Archived