Cowdenbeath Vs Clyde

7 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

I dont get the criticism - we are miles ahead of last season. We aren't losing games - great progress

Exactly 2 defeats in our last 10  league and Scottish Cup games and both against Elgin with the last one seeing them win with the last kick of the ball and 5 games unbeaten.

Night and day from last season we're never going to challenge the top 2 who will be spending mega bucks but we have done alright against the rest.  

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very strange it was. You expect it from Rumsby but when Cogill and Cuddihy start slinging the ball anywhere under no pressure (especially against one of the deepest home defences I've seen) then it makes you wonder if it's come from the manager.
A disappointing result given that until the equaliser we were in total control and didn't look like conceding. Ours was a cracker, starting with Currie under pressure but we passed from one end of the pitch to the other and Rankin produced a fine finish. Theirs started when Cogill and Rumsby conspired to give away a throw in and the former had a couple of chances to properly clear before they ended up netting. Looked like an awful defensive line so no surprise he was given onside.
After that it was a total non event and why Cowdenbeath chose to take off a striker and go five at the back late on is beyond me as we were ripe for being picked off.
Nicoll tackle, despite getting a full set of studs on the ball, was probably a yellow, but certainly no different than the one Deas had done five minutes previous or Mullens follow through on Boyle in the second half.
Hopefully Stewart's appearance on the bench means he is close to a return. Get Grant into midfield. Whoever has told Syvertsen to stop taking people on should be fired as well.
Man of the Match? Not sure anyone played particularly well. McStay won a lot in midfield and Rankin had a good first half. Impressed with Deas of Cowdenbeath. 
Can't disagree with any of that spot on [emoji106]

Also, do you always have 5/6 players standing a yard out from corners?
it wasn’t pretty but caused us plenty of problems & can see a lot of goals scored using those tactics. 
Currie’s main weakness is cross balls particularly under pressure, could see he was uneasy with this particular tactic from corners. 

Must add I found it rather amusing when an auld boy behind shouted at Clyde to take a step out so that they were all offside...

That’s the game. Give the opposition cause for concern

I dont get the criticism - we are miles ahead of last season. We aren't losing games - great progress

This. It’s such a different feeling on a Saturday looking forward to a game with hope instead of dread. Great progress this season.

11 hours ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Yes, now we are in a much better place than we were at this time last season. Since the game against Stirling we’ve been on a really good run and not giving away so many daft goals. Before then we weren’t any better. That coincides with Deas moving to CH. For me anyway that’s what has made the difference, 

Hopefully his loan can be extended.

Has anybody noticed Clyde only have 1 style of throw in. I'll throw it to you  and you tap it back to me.  What's happened to the corners ?  They used to be good ,now they are pathetic. Don't know whats happened to Goody. The best player in the league by a mile is struggling to look like an average league 2 player at the moment. The least said about the keepers kicking the better. Enough moaning the sooner we learn to play for 90 minutes like we can play the better. Come on Danny time to get it sorted.

12 minutes ago, BW Charlie said:

Has anybody noticed Clyde only have 1 style of throw in. I'll throw it to you  and you tap it back to me.  What's happened to the corners ?  They used to be good ,now they are pathetic. Don't know whats happened to Goody. The best player in the league by a mile is struggling to look like an average league 2 player at the moment. The least said about the keepers kicking the better. Enough moaning the sooner we learn to play for 90 minutes like we can play the better. Come on Danny time to get it sorted.

Touches are still there, finishing has been very poor. Averaging a goal every 180 minutes.

What can you do when Lennon wants a one nil scrappy win at cp with a leaky quartet at the back?

Was really impressed with Marsh yesterday. He seems to be a lot more physical now- which i suppose you have to be to play for Cowdenbeath and he won almost everything. 

In the summer I couldn’t of cared less that we didn’t take him back but he’s better than what we currently have right now so bring him home in the summer Danny. 

1 hour ago, Scott-Replay said:

To be fair to Karim, every time we bring him on we seem to shove him in some wide role rather than up front.

Agree, when Karim comes on id like to see DG pushed out wide. Give the opposition something different to deal with. Fair play to Cowdenbeath, they are Definately a team going in the right direction

7 minutes ago, BW Charlie said:

Whoever booted the plastic bottle from the Cowdenbeath dugout towards the Clyde players as they celebrated the goal should be punished. If it had came from anywhere in the crowd the police would be involved. 

Maybe they watched a bottle fly out of our dugout last week when we conceded the second goal at warp speed, and took our example. 

8 minutes ago, BW Charlie said:

Whoever booted the plastic bottle from the Cowdenbeath dugout towards the Clyde players as they celebrated the goal should be punished. If it had came from anywhere in the crowd the police would be involved. 

Was this your first football game, you ever watched “ Match of the Day”?

15 minutes ago, BW Charlie said:

:lol: Can only assume this isn’t a serious post. 

Archived