Cowdenbeath Vs Clyde

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, onecowden said:

Well if we are dire then you’re .............

Little better, no desire or urgency in the second half. Bright start gaining some joy with some neat foot work. Syvertson anonymous again and what Lamont and Mcstay do is beyond me. Nothing today  for Goodwillie to feed on.

Defence is a fucking shambles, a midfield that is devoid of creativity. Lennon's signings have been poor. Didn't expect to be up with the top 2 but the last two games we should be doing better.

After the incessant slagging Cowden took from other fans when they were in trouble, I think they are well entitled to enjoy sticking it back by taking points off them now they are past it.  It 's not good when it's your own team, but let's be honest, some of us asked for it.  Enjoy Cowden.

Dire stuff today. Like watching us a few seasons ago again. Renton offers absolutely nothing. Slow and loses every ball. Why does he start ahead of Sheerin? He had a great opportunity right before the well taken goal from Allan and instead of drilling it home, he managed to miscontrol the ball and knock it about six feet behind him!

Cox was poor. Looks like he is playing injured, but at least he puts some effort in.

Why o why does Swann not start every game? We should have been going for the win near the end, not sitting deep holding out for a point.

Thought a draw was a fair enough outcome.

not the greatest game but plenty endeavour.

still don’t understand why Swann doesn’t play more for us?

good to see some Clyde fans accepting they aren’t that special, as there’s definitely been a few this season seriously deluded.

as predicted, Goodwillie not taken by a bigger team in the summer not just down to his baggage, but also that he isn’t good enough to take the gamble. He’s not even the best forward in league 2. 

Clyde will probably manage to finish top 4 and we will fall short, unless we made at least 2 decent signings in January which would require sky to take our cup game .

Just now, big al said:

good to see some Clyde fans accepting they aren’t that special, as there’s definitely been a few this season seriously deluded.

Christ, they're mere amateurs at that compared to some of ours.   That's football all over. The fans talk the talk when their team can't walk the walk.  A couple of good results and they're going to win the league.  Then they get pumped.  Reality and some fans tend not meet up for a coffee very often.

31 minutes ago, cfcuk said:

True more the style of football I was commenting on

Very strange it was. You expect it from Rumsby but when Cogill and Cuddihy start slinging the ball anywhere under no pressure (especially against one of the deepest home defences I've seen) then it makes you wonder if it's come from the manager.

A disappointing result given that until the equaliser we were in total control and didn't look like conceding. Ours was a cracker, starting with Currie under pressure but we passed from one end of the pitch to the other and Rankin produced a fine finish. Theirs started when Cogill and Rumsby conspired to give away a throw in and the former had a couple of chances to properly clear before they ended up netting. Looked like an awful defensive line so no surprise he was given onside.

After that it was a total non event and why Cowdenbeath chose to take off a striker and go five at the back late on is beyond me as we were ripe for being picked off.

Nicoll tackle, despite getting a full set of studs on the ball, was probably a yellow, but certainly no different than the one Deas had done five minutes previous or Mullens follow through on Boyle in the second half.

Hopefully Stewart's appearance on the bench means he is close to a return. Get Grant into midfield. Whoever has told Syvertsen to stop taking people on should be fired as well.

Man of the Match? Not sure anyone played particularly well. McStay won a lot in midfield and Rankin had a good first half. Impressed with Deas of Cowdenbeath. 

3 hours ago, PELE said:

Dire stuff today. Like watching us a few seasons ago again. Renton offers absolutely nothing. Slow and loses every ball. Why does he start ahead of Sheerin? He had a great opportunity right before the well taken goal from Allan and instead of drilling it home, he managed to miscontrol the ball and knock it about six feet behind him!

Cox was poor. Looks like he is playing injured, but at least he puts some effort in.

Why o why does Swann not start every game? We should have been going for the win near the end, not sitting deep holding out for a point.

Renton not really that slow but it takes him too long to get up to speed. Cox hasn’t been what I expected, but he never stops. Playing alongside Renton should have been a really good pairing but it isn’t working.  Has Sheerin fallen out of favour or is he still not 100%?

if we aren’t careful we could easily get into a rut again.

Just get Deas signed up for the rest of the season, he’s the player that’s made the difference

14 minutes ago, Aberdeen Cowden said:

Only when we play the top teams.

Also, do you always have 5/6 players standing a yard out from corners?

it wasn’t pretty but caused us plenty of problems & can see a lot of goals scored using those tactics. 

Currie’s main weakness is cross balls particularly under pressure, could see he was uneasy with this particular tactic from corners. 

Must add I found it rather amusing when an auld boy behind shouted at Clyde to take a step out so that they were all offside...

Very strange it was. You expect it from Rumsby but when Cogill and Cuddihy start slinging the ball anywhere under no pressure (especially against one of the deepest home defences I've seen) then it makes you wonder if it's come from the manager.
A disappointing result given that until the equaliser we were in total control and didn't look like conceding. Ours was a cracker, starting with Currie under pressure but we passed from one end of the pitch to the other and Rankin produced a fine finish. Theirs started when Cogill and Rumsby conspired to give away a throw in and the former had a couple of chances to properly clear before they ended up netting. Looked like an awful defensive line so no surprise he was given onside.
After that it was a total non event and why Cowdenbeath chose to take off a striker and go five at the back late on is beyond me as we were ripe for being picked off.
Nicoll tackle, despite getting a full set of studs on the ball, was probably a yellow, but certainly no different than the one Deas had done five minutes previous or Mullens follow through on Boyle in the second half.
Hopefully Stewart's appearance on the bench means he is close to a return. Get Grant into midfield. Whoever has told Syvertsen to stop taking people on should be fired as well.
Man of the Match? Not sure anyone played particularly well. McStay won a lot in midfield and Rankin had a good first half. Impressed with Deas of Cowdenbeath. 
Mostly agree.

Clyde scored a cracking team goal and ripped Cowden to bits for it. Felt like if they kept going they would romp it by half time.

Cowden got the goal from almost nowhere early in second half after that and then felt they were the only likely winner the longer it went so when we shut up shop I was a bit disappointed.

Both teams might feel that was two points dropped.

Cowden saw red for less of a tackle last week but once Nicholl was only a yellow anything up to a par was fair game and Mullen was as clean as a whistle with his.

Honestly dont remember Deas tackle but you are spot on Deas is a class above any defender and many otger players in this league.

24 minutes ago, David W said:

I think the issue with the Nicoll challenge was we had Robbie buchanan given a straight red last week for a challenge that was less aggressive than his and caused no injury but thats referees  for you. Zero consistency.

i believe the official rule states that if you endanger an opponent with a reckless challenge then its a straight red, no matter if you get the ball or not. The fact that Malcolm had go off with what looked  like a shin injury would support the view that it was probably a red.

Renton not really that slow but it takes him too long to get up to speed. Cox hasn’t been what I expected, but he never stops. Playing alongside Renton should have been a really good pairing but it isn’t working.  Has Sheerin fallen out of favour or is he still not 100%?
if we aren’t careful we could easily get into a rut again.
Just get Deas signed up for the rest of the season, he’s the player that’s made the difference

I dont get the criticism - we are miles ahead of last season. We aren't losing games - great progress

Archived