Auchinleck Talbot v Ayr United televised

Duraglit shareholder

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, crawwid said:

Bookies got it badly wrong. I'm no complaining thought :):)

Bookies priced it up as a junior side at home to a good championship side, I never viewed that as anything other than a junior side coming out like Killie on steroids against a good championship side, add in our current form, injuries and lack of Shankland and yesterday was always going to be a long day for Ayr fans, don't think our players ever really appreciated that.

Well done Talbot. When I saw that giant Lassie Harvie keek his pants for the first time, the writing was on the wall. 

Senior and Junior, they're only words. 

Beware the pyramid. The product they have is shit without the West. 

1 hour ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

If the West Juniors are in the pyramid next season will Talbot be applying for an SFA license and entering the play offs for promotion should they win the league?

They need floodlights to get a licence, maybe some of the prize money can help pay for them.

1 hour ago, Midge said:

328AA820-35F0-47B4-9545-8BC5D6927D83.jpeg.82824861ea239cf3a98dc50f22876a62.jpeg

Mind when the vast majority of the junior clubs voted to join the pyramid at the SJFA AGM in June?

29 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Bookies priced it up as a junior side at home to a good championship side, I never viewed that as anything other than a junior side coming out like Killie on steroids against a good championship side, add in our current form, injuries and lack of Shankland and yesterday was always going to be a long day for Ayr fans, don't think our players ever really appreciated that.

It was always gonna be hard for Ayr I thought. As you say the form was down and Talbot playing well & at Beechwood. Yesterday was a great day for us, it brings the village & surrounding area together for What turned out to be one of the best day's in the club's history. Wish yi awe the best in the league campaign. 

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

They need floodlights to get a licence, maybe some of the prize money can help pay for them.

Mind when the vast majority of the junior clubs voted to join the pyramid at the SJFA AGM in June?

It wasn’t a vote, it was a questionnaire to gauge interest.

On Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 03:04, Black Pennel said:

No...and yes.

But we (mostly) all still want the Talbotians to win. Fingers crossed for them, but this really is one step too far. Enjoy the day with dignity & pride that your team got to that stage.

That right there is the reason I don't do the predictions threads. Well done  to all the Talbotians.

1 hour ago, Jimper7 said:

Who would ever have thought talbot would be nil nil against aye in the second half and tucker would bring on three strikers

it was a very brave move from a "wee" team perspective but completely correct tactically as Talbot were holding their own but flagging a little  as Glasgow and Wilson had ran themselves into the ground. Talbot were going toe to toe with Ayr and all that was needed was freshening up and continuing in the same vein. 

Even in the 4 added on minutes Talbot had the best of the play and Ayr only had a freekick to trouble Leishman. 

Bookies got it badly wrong. I'm no complaining thought :):)
Bookies only go by league standings.Sometimes if you have inside information on both teams you can beat the bookies.As most bookies are guys sitting in an office in London. They don't have a clue what's happening in darkest Talbot land

4 minutes ago, Nocknosh1988 said:

At least yous will can afford floodlights now pal lol 

Yous could give us the ones from toonheed , they only get used when Ayr utd reserves play in there on a monday night

On 19/01/2019 at 17:20, Wild Winton Rover said:

Brilliant national coverage on BBC News on result of the day from Ayreshire and Auchenlick Talbot win against Ayre. Proper English pronunciation.

The BBC Elocution and Pronunciation Department have been working all night in anticipation of the 5th Round Scottish Cup Draw.

Hearts will meet giant killers Arkinloch Tallbot 

Archived