Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Duraglit shareholder

Auchinleck Talbot v Ayr United televised

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Ylf said:

Good luck to talbot. Tie of the round for me. Talbot fans can you genuinely give Ayr a game? Draw? Beat them??

I'd give a high performing, cup specialist Junior team  like Talbot a punchers chance against absolutely any lower division senior side, but equally I'd expect that a 75% performance from Ayr will be plenty to see them over the line here.  Will Ayr show up on the day? if they don't Talbot will cause them bother. 

 

Edited by Shanner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would any of the "neutrals" give Talbot a chance if they were playing Dundee Utd, Ross County, Inverness or Dunfermline ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Would any of the "neutrals" give Talbot a chance if they were playing Dundee Utd, Ross County, Inverness or Dunfermline ??

Probably more so than with Ayr as neutrals would see each of  them as a sleeping giant that's vulnerable to a shock. Also,  quite often neutrals by their nature don't really know what they're talking about as their attention is fleeting.  

Most attentive fitba folk are well aware of Ayr this season, they're widely recognised  as the countries form side and very dangerous, with Shankland particularly getting all sorts of attention.

For me Talbot are a capable underdog and this isn't a gimmie for Ayr. 

Perfect storm = Ayr oot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Shanner said:

Probably more so than with Ayr as neutrals would see each of  them as a sleeping giant that's vulnerable to a shock. Also,  quite often neutrals by their nature don't really know what they're talking about as their attention is fleeting.  

Most attentive fitba folk are well aware of Ayr this season, they're widely recognised  as the countries form side and very dangerous, with Shankland particularly getting all sorts of attention.

For me Talbot are a capable underdog and this isn't a gimmie for Ayr. 

Perfect storm = Ayr oot. 

Without any disrespect towards Talbot, I'd probably rank them as a top league 2 to lower end League 1 side at their very best and Yes, in previous years that would have been enough to give Ayr a right good game, however this current Ayr squad are an entirely different proposition and realistically I'd give Talbot a 5% chance of pulling something off. 

In some respects it makes it harder for Talbot as they play decent football and have a good playing surface, they'd perhaps have a better chance if they had a team of fatties and played on a ploughed field..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Without any disrespect towards Talbot, I'd probably rank them as a top league 2 to lower end League 1 side at their very best and Yes, in previous years that would have been enough to give Ayr a right good game, however this current Ayr squad are an entirely different proposition and realistically I'd give Talbot a 5% chance of pulling something off. 

In some respects it makes it harder for Talbot as they play decent football and have a good playing surface, they'd perhaps have a better chance if they had a team of fatties and played on a ploughed field..........

didn't seem to help Beith.:whistle

to be honest it's Ayr's to lose but there's still (just about) realistic scope for an upset that wouldn't exist against Celtic or Rangers. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Shanner said:

didn't seem to help Beith.:whistle

to be honest it's Ayr's to lose but there's still (just about) realistic scope for an upset that wouldn't exist against Celtic or Rangers. 

 

True.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Without any disrespect towards Talbot, I'd probably rank them as a top league 2 to lower end League 1 side at their very best and Yes, in previous years that would have been enough to give Ayr a right good game, however this current Ayr squad are an entirely different proposition and realistically I'd give Talbot a 5% chance of pulling something off. 

In some respects it makes it harder for Talbot as they play decent football and have a good playing surface, they'd perhaps have a better chance if they had a team of fatties and played on a ploughed field..........

A predictable if probably fair assessment. Ayr at the moment are most folk’s choice as best side outside the SPFL. On paper if Ayr turn up they go into the draw for the next round. However, there are unknown quantities to all this. Talbot have an illustrious history and have a real winners mentality, never know when they are beat. They have a huge partisan support and an intimidating arena. In comparison to 2nd and 1st leagues teams facing Ayr,  these elements are different and could prove significant. I predict a proper cup tie and if Ayr are to win they might have to dig deeper than they ever considered. 

Edited by Bella La ghostie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was speaking to a faithful Ayr fan today who wasn't predicting an easy game, in fact said it wouldn't be the worst thing if they went out as could then just focus on the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ross County came back from 3-1 to snatch a draw at Ayr last weekend, Queen of the South gave them right going over 5-0 earlier in the season. Without going into the merits of the opposition it shows teams are capable of scoring goals against them. When they pumped Dundee United 5-0 away is was on the back of the most attrocious defending you're ever likely to see , and they certainly won't get that kind of space at Beechwood, and our current centre back pairing gathers strength from week to week, and if either gets injured there's a ready made replacement in Ross Harvey who was first choice centre half before his injury a few weeks back.

We've conceded just five goals in ten league games, are on a ten match unbeaten run (just one defeat in the last 23 games) and have played seven times already in the Scottish Cup this season. We're capable of pulling off a decent result, no doubt at all about that, and if Ayr can't cope with the Beechwood slope - as Cove Rangers obviously didn't! - who knows? The team have got a massive self belief in themselves and are a very closely knit unit who never know when they're beat, and I reckon out twelfth man will be something else on the day as well.

Bring it on. EPPP!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you frequently dog English when you were at school aye?


Ok mr teacher, pray point out my grammatical errors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bella La ghostie said:

A predictable if probably fair assessment. Ayr at the moment are most folk’s choice as best side outside the SPFL. On paper if Ayr turn up they go into the draw for the next round. However, there are unknown quantities to all this. Talbot have an illustrious history and have a real winners mentality, never know when they are beat. They have a huge partisan support and an intimidating arena. In comparison to 2nd and 1st leagues teams facing Ayr,  these elements are different and could prove significant. I predict a proper cup tie and if Ayr are to win they might have to dig deeper than they ever considered. 

Whats bothering me is, will it be an intimidating Beechwood,if the ticket split is correct then half of the ground will be black and white,for me this is a huge mistake that needs addressed.Im not sure who came up with giving Ayr  almost half the tickets,after all they only sold 850 for the previous round.For Talbot to have any chance they need the backing of a partisan crowd,over 2000 home fans making the Ayr players uncomfortable as possible,being right on top of them,trying to induce mistakes.Its my opinion that the Talbot faithful would easily have snapped up the full 3K tickets available,so lets  get the intentions right from the start,reduce Ayrs allocation to 500,giving them the terrace behind the away goal,and lets hear the Beechwood roar from three sides and watch how they handle fans within touching distance,giving it the EEKA PEEKA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

Whats bothering me is, will it be an intimidating Beechwood,if the ticket split is correct then half of the ground will be black and white,for me this is a huge mistake that needs addressed.Im not sure who came up with giving Ayr  almost half the tickets,after all they only sold 850 for the previous round.For Talbot to have any chance they need the backing of a partisan crowd,over 2000 home fans making the Ayr players uncomfortable as possible,being right on top of them,trying to induce mistakes.Its my opinion that the Talbot faithful would easily have snapped up the full 3K tickets available,so lets  get the intentions right from the start,reduce Ayrs allocation to 500,giving them the terrace behind the away goal,and lets hear the Beechwood roar from three sides and watch how they handle fans within touching distance,giving it the EEKA PEEKA.

I agree, don’t know why the allocation was so even. But I still think it will be intimidating.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Dream on guys.......

How many international players do Ayr have?  Hearts had half a team who represented their country, were flying in the premier league and yet were reduced to running down the clock, rescued by a dodgy decision in the dying seconds, all at their Tyncastle home. Ayr are good and should win, but there are no guarantees. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bella La ghostie said:

How many international players do Ayr have?  Hearts had half a team who represented their country, were flying in the premier league and yet were reduced to running down the clock, rescued by a dodgy decision in the dying seconds, all at their Tyncastle home. Ayr are good and should win, but there are no guarantees. 

You're correct and anything can happen with no guarantees but every single game is different, Tynecastle is totally irrelevant and an early goal can totally change the course of games. I really don't expect Ayr to be intimidated by beechwood park at all and it's not like back in the 80s when it was muddy and really intimidating, with a fair ref I expect Ayr to win comfortably.......... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

🤷🏻‍♂️


Not sure what is worse...... his lengthy , inane ramblings or his , supposedly surreal posting of an otherwise unidentifiable character without any text

You will give the homeless a bad reputation carrying oan like that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...